PDA

View Full Version : Behavior of PMU

Cyrus123
04-17-2010, 03:46 AM
Why cant ppl just all get along on PMU so it can be a happy and joyful place?!? Ive seen lots of ppl asking for help but the more informed player just ignore them! :evil: This is for all the players who have played on pmu for a long time!!: please please help other players so they can understand and have fun with pmu! :D Thanku~ Cyrus59

Cast
04-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Why cant ppl just all get along on PMU so it can be a happy and joyful place?!? Ive seen lots of ppl asking for help but the more informed player just ignore them! :evil: This is for all the players who have played on pmu for a long time!!: please please help other players so they can understand and have fun with pmu! :D Thanku~ Cyrus59

I do remember it was like this when it was... say 4-6 months ago... Community was rather friendly back then...

Now? Its the opposite I guess. :P

WoowowwPMU
04-17-2010, 06:51 PM
I miss the days when i was narbish... Or when there was trick cave, mar coast and mar island

K.M.K
04-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Well, i wasnt around for those nice times.....I only joined about a month ago....

pokedude3
04-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Personaly I blame the rap music...
On that note:
I do dislike the amount of thefts, violence, pvp, swearing, and outlaws lately...

K.M.K
04-17-2010, 07:50 PM
True.....the outlaw spam....that is the worst.....but PMU wasn't like this? That's hard to believe for my, frankly..lol, blaming rap music...I agree with that....rap music is it......it's what it did to my sister.....>.>

WoowowwPMU
04-17-2010, 07:59 PM
Rap music kills the brain... so does screamo :ugeek:

K.M.K
04-17-2010, 08:23 PM
And the heavy typa-rock.......lol, we think way too alike >.> but rap is my mortal enemy. It has destroyed m sister's brain

Yatterman
04-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Its true, outlawing is big this season... but there is no rule against outlawing nor PVP... as for the lack of player to player respect i agree with... taking items, cussing someone out, or just being bad to another is not right :/

but... this is the internet so you have to be prepared for trolls... no matter where you are :/

mysteryman1217
04-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Though it's true that i try to help everyone I can in pmu it's not excatly the experienced players fault after all they want to play the game just as much as the newbs plus it's so hard to trust ppl with all the spammers,beggars etc.
Some players could be on for one day and banned the next.

destroya
04-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Well, I do try my best to help new players and I usually help them whenever I get the chance to. On the other hand, I personally never get helped unless I basically ask for like hours... Also I'm not all that sure that this should go in this topic, >.< it's more of a general disscussion.

CelebiShine
04-18-2010, 01:12 AM
Yeah, it is wrong forum -.- dun do it again. Least ur not an adbot. Once 1 managed 2 get on here masquerading as a user named Ethiweemn (dunno how so dun ask) and posted 1 ad (all the same add with the same words and the same level of annoying) in every forum, including this 1 and the Roleplay forum, which I think r the 2 worst places 4 ads 2 b. Blah, blablah...

Jinxatu
04-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Celebishine? You act like you have the powers of a staff member. I see how this is related. And I agree. There is a lot of disrespect and a lot more... what's the term... gaming for the sake of gaming. If you don't try to enjoy the game past the gaming aspect, things grow repetitive and slow, and you will be driven out. However if you approach the world with an attitude that you can do anything, make your own fun and enjoy the game in your own ways, a kind of... roleplaying aspect, then the game grows static later on.

destroya
04-20-2010, 11:30 AM
Yeah, it is wrong forum -.- dun do it again. Least ur not an adbot. Once 1 managed 2 get on here masquerading as a user named Ethiweemn (dunno how so dun ask) and posted 1 ad (all the same add with the same words and the same level of annoying) in every forum, including this 1 and the Roleplay forum, which I think r the 2 worst places 4 ads 2 b. Blah, blablah...

LOL I see Google bots in here all the time....

Gotwald
04-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Celebishine? You act like you have the powers of a staff member.

Jinx? you say it as if being a staff member was an abusive thing...

that's the feeling i get anyways.

@ontopic
yes, indeed, things were more peaceful... until a random person started barricading making all this grow. curse him... *Cough*

Jinxatu
04-20-2010, 10:51 PM
No no. Just remarking that she has no right to go around ordering people what not and what to do. This has a bit of reference to this board, however yes, it would be better in the Discussions board.

Cynder
04-21-2010, 03:16 AM
I do agree that PMU was better back in peaceful times and issues have gotten worse. However no offense to anyone but all anyone does is complain about how all the old players are going and this is being worse and worse. I have noticed that is a major growing issue and people need to act towards it. Like helping new players,Or not ecourage thievings,or cursing or such. And try not to revert to violence with PVP and anger with cursing and I have reliased that PMU's Report User List has grown and it will contuine if we do not act out. PMU needs to build a strong commuity. Of course we can't relay on staff to do that. That is for our job as the people of PMU. So like Destroya,I and a bit a whole bunch of you are doing not just us is help Newbies,Report all issues and have fun. I thank all of those who are trying to help PMU. Thank for trying to help the PMU community and for those who aren't please do so we can fix this issue of PMU or else it will grow. And another thing.Alot of old players are indeed leaving but alot are new are coming. But the game will contuine to grow and change.Which is only nature with how advanced its getting and a lot of players are leaving due to lag and the newbies may be bothering them or what not. Thats all I have to say. Sorry if I went off topic alittle.

pokedude3
04-21-2010, 09:16 PM
This topic can stay in here. Your reporting the bad behavior of PMU.
I concur. I've been an admin once or twice on different Eclipse based games, and I see how an admin would react, normally of course. The players need to know something:
You bother the admins when they try to get the server up when it APPEARS they don't do anything. They are. Mapping, Editing NPC's, or...GETTING THE SERVER UP.
Spamming on chat is not authorised either. "SERVER'S NOT UP D<" "When will the server be up?" If you dunno, go check the site, and if everyone else is playing (Ask via PM) and they say yes, go browse game/site problems and it'll have an answer...

SHEESH, thats not hard. Most o' you are whiners.

Luli
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
Everyone just became mean....Becoming a thief was the new trend....and they trolls and spammers started coming....then it just became drama 24/7, one of the reasons I try to not come on as much as i used to. ;~;

Cynder
04-22-2010, 09:04 PM
Everyone just became mean....Becoming a thief was the new trend....and they trolls and spammers started coming....then it just became drama 24/7, one of the reasons I try to not come on as much as i used to. ;~;

Its a sad thing Luli.I have to agree though.There is alot of theifry,Trolls,Spammers,and a major outbreak of drama.Its really a sad thing.And I also agree that everyone is whiners.Gosh for bid PMU is down for an hour all everyone does is sit in the chat box saying ''Is it up yet?'' Plus you spam the Chatbox and freak out like if PMU isn't up soon your gonna die or something.Not to mention the forums are spammed with things like PMU is down and it has been down.Thats just ridculious.Anyway I made my point

Sz64
04-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Too much changed over the past 4 to 6 months ive been playing for say 7 months though hopefully maybe in the future it becomes wat it use to beh

destroya
04-24-2010, 01:58 AM
Yeah definately since the annoying thiefs came in the game got worse... I remeber when i joined like 4 months ago in Winter Event, I was like this is the hardest dungeon ever how is it possible to beat it? Then I ask people how many floors there are and they said 99 >.< LOL then they told me the truth but the past was much better and I put a lot of the blame on King Of Ora, he started the whole stealing trend...

CelebiShine
05-01-2010, 12:02 AM
I'd agree with the whining part, I guess. 2 ppl PMed me about game assistance, and I insisted that they start a thread (well, at least the 2nd 1). Unfortunately, they SAID they would, but they didn't. I srsly dun liek that. And I think the storyline is ready 2 emerge 8-)

Soren
05-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Honestly? It's because newbies don't bother to do ANYTHING for themselves anymore. They can't even read the signs in the Help Center. It becomes tiresome to hear twenty "How do you evolve?" "Where do I get cut? "What's a Cacnea Spike?" "Help how do I attack" Blahblahblahblahblah. Personally, I try to help out as much as I can, but it's best to let them firgure it out themselves, as it's a valuable experience. And most of the time, newbies ask their questions in VERY annoying manners, such as repeating the same spam question fifty times in a minute, with excessive caps.

pokedude3
05-08-2010, 08:09 PM
Lately, PMU folk have been extremely... lame. Three people from the chat tried to get me on PMU to test my strength since I "talk big." I got the strangest vibe they didn't like me, and I was correct. It was probably because I called them noobs for acting like... well... noobs.
This short story was meant to get you to THINK. Its ok to ask a certain ammount of questions without caps and such, and even non-members can back you up instead of the staff sometimes... If I hadn't come here in February 2009... And instead came here February 2010, I would have left the next day forever after seeing the behavoir.
I rate the nooblets, Outlaws, Cursers, Spammers, and dumb heads of PMU a 1/10 of epicness...
~RicuDark

Soren
05-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Another part of it is that most people that are really strong think they're the greatest thing in the world. They pretty much live off of the fact that they're so "perfect." And then they take pleasure in calling everyone else noobs, when, in fact, if you look up the definition of noob (an old player that refuses to cooperate or learn), they themselves are the noobs. :/ A newbie is a person who is simply new, and not an offensive term. In other words, if you call a newbie a noob, you're pretty much flashing off your own noobiness.

cursedspirit
05-21-2010, 12:18 AM
Eh, the community has gone down quite a few levels in courtesy.

When I was a newbie, I wasn't insulted....although, I appear to be the only newbie who actually read the controls on the site. o.o

Now, having level 50+'s, I have been insulted. Although, its only rarely, because all the newbies think I'm epic, strangely. ._. They say stuff like:

"You're a noob because you couldn't kill me and I killed you!"
Me: "So?
"You're a noob!"

Honestly, its things like that. And when I offer a free trip to their spawn point.

Me: "Want a free trip to crossroads/inn/etc.?"
"Sure."
Me: *kills*
Later...
"You're a noob for killing me!"
Me: *facepalm* "I told you, it was a free trip to crossroads."

Honestly, I came here in December 2009 and I still noticed the downgrade. Few people treated me as an equal when I was weaker....namely, Jira, Eon, Kiyora, Reggie (A bit, I think), Blue.....and that's just about it. Oh, and the whole Akatsuki team. I remember once.....someone was blocking SS for me by spamming Magical Leaf on me whenever I went in for no reason at all. >.>

And I have no clue why I said all that.....I think its because I want this madness to end. I want the community of PMU to be better, nicer, so everyone who comes can enjoy it. I want the community to welcome new players, happily, and not rudely. And the only people who can help the community is the community itself. So we have to welcome everyone, not steal, not spam, not do anything bad. For the community.

destroya
05-21-2010, 01:31 AM
Eh, the community has gone down quite a few levels in courtesy.

When I was a newbie, I wasn't insulted....although, I appear to be the only newbie who actually read the controls on the site. o.o

Now, having level 50+'s, I have been insulted. Although, its only rarely, because all the newbies think I'm epic, strangely. ._. They say stuff like:

"You're a noob because you couldn't kill me and I killed you!"
Me: "So?
"You're a noob!"

Honestly, its things like that. And when I offer a free trip to their spawn point.

Me: "Want a free trip to crossroads/inn/etc.?"
"Sure."
Me: *kills*
Later...
"You're a noob for killing me!"
Me: *facepalm* "I told you, it was a free trip to crossroads."

Honestly, I came here in December 2009 and I still noticed the downgrade. Few people treated me as an equal when I was weaker....namely, Jira, Eon, Kiyora, Reggie (A bit, I think), Blue.....and that's just about it. Oh, and the whole Akatsuki team. I remember once.....someone was blocking SS for me by spamming Magical Leaf on me whenever I went in for no reason at all. >.>

And I have no clue why I said all that.....I think its because I want this madness to end. I want the community of PMU to be better, nicer, so everyone who comes can enjoy it. I want the community to welcome new players, happily, and not rudely. And the only people who can help the community is the community itself. So we have to welcome everyone, not steal, not spam, not do anything bad. For the community.

Not only do the newbies not read controls, but they also when the lvl up claim maps as their "own". It's pathetic and when someone comes and kills them they just make a insane war. Also I too joined in December 2009(right when even was launched :D) the only people who didn't treat me like garbage was...well, everyone they were nice and don't do things like people do today... people today also tend not to help others cause the newbies just spam beg and annoy the garbage out of them. I don't blame the experienced players one bit, except when they claim maps.

Ino
05-21-2010, 02:42 AM
Heh, I remember the better days, Once in a great often I'd hear the word N00b. I joined last few months of 09'. Now everyone Spam Noob and other words. I get made fun of Because of my name. Why I dont know why myself. I never did anything to them. Infact, I usually help people. Instead of calling them names. But no one seems to help each other anymore. Its just all about them, I give the Spammers or beggers Money because I seem not to use it. I usually dont have much. 5K maybe? But eh. I never get enough to buy at the auction. Getting offtopic. But yes the community is Horrible.

galaxystars
05-21-2010, 04:12 PM
I get made fun of Because of my name. Why I dont know why myself. I never did anything to them.
"Ino" also means pig/boar, as I had seen one time with someone calling you pig instead of Ino in an immature manner...

Ino
05-21-2010, 09:52 PM
I get made fun of Because of my name. Why I dont know why myself. I never did anything to them.
"Ino" also means pig/boar, as I had seen one time with someone calling you pig instead of Ino in an immature manner...

Yeah. They call me Ino-Pig alot. But just because Ino means Boar doesnt mean you can Call me pig. Its rude and Immature. ._.

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Because of a NAME? SERIOUSLY? -Ino, I can relate to that. Some noonblets I know call me Riku instead of Ricu, which I hate. Not to mention everything else on PMU that's blargh...

Ino
05-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Yeah. Its getting really bad. I cant say much else. Its hard to describe how its getting..

Heh, Once a whole group surrounded me and Made fun of me. Plus someone else called me words I can't say. =_=

It was better in 09'...

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 10:19 PM
I have an idea...
We should all form one big group. One big group of people who are fed up with the baddies of PMU and just revolt against them. Of course we'll be gentleman and fine ladies while doing so. I guess I'm saying we should prevent "Cyber Bullying" in PMU, as one, giant storm of people who want peace.

Ino
05-21-2010, 10:27 PM
I agree, it might just work...

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Brilliant. We need more people, though!

Ino
05-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah.

Ill try to find some. U:

*Pms Random people* xD

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 10:46 PM
XD.
Explain to them why.

Ino
05-21-2010, 10:52 PM
Okay. o3o

I will.

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 11:06 PM
Excelent! We'll need to meet someplace, however.

Ino
05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Oh yeah. ._.'' I don't really think these things through.

Hmmm... On Pmu? Or Forums? P:

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 11:12 PM
blargh. Thats to obvious. Though a private house in PMU with be exceptional.... if PMU were up.

Ino
05-21-2010, 11:15 PM
*Is kinda stupid atm* I have those days eh.

But hmmm... I wonder who would let us use their house? P:

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 11:23 PM
;P I own a house

Ino
05-21-2010, 11:26 PM
O:

Epic. I wish I had one, But I guess we're all getting one when PMU7 is released... -_-' Eh, Getting offtopic but, Would you actually use it as our base/meeting thing? P:

pokedude3
05-21-2010, 11:29 PM
I've done it before. And since PMU seven is comin out, I can invite chu all! (All meaning whoever joins at the moment.)

But your right, this is offtopic. Someone go put us on topic again with the next post.

destroya
05-22-2010, 03:12 AM
*Turns it back on topic*

Though, if someone were bullying you just ignore them and walk away. If they continuously stalk you then that's when you should report it to the staff. Don't get all excited trust me,(experience) handle it calmly and it will go smooth :D.

Ino
05-22-2010, 03:14 AM
Excited? To be made fun of? Des Have you even seen what people call me?

Its worse then just pig... Or boar... Its just...

Sorry, Got alittle sad/mad.. ._.'

destroya
05-22-2010, 11:27 AM
Excited? To be made fun of? Des Have you even seen what people call me?

Its worse then just pig... Or boar... Its just...

Sorry, Got alittle sad/mad.. ._.'

When I say excited I don't mean literally excited... I mean getting worked up(sad/mad). People don't call me anything so I dunno.

pokedude3
05-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Agreeable.
Paradox: Sometimes it just won't stop, thats what the group is for. Something I'm absolutely repulsed by....
NameCalling, Stealing, Hacking, Destruction of the Community, Swearing, Outlawing, Talking back to Officials...
I'm sure there is more, I just covered the basics. You people must stop these, make PMU a community again D:

Foxip
06-03-2010, 02:43 AM
My house is useable if needed. And I wanna join; I'm sick of the drama.

Sorak
06-03-2010, 03:19 AM
I...find this...interesting, I don't see the bullying, and I have never been on the other end of it. I would think I would be a prime canidate for the fact that a contradict alot of people. I have never seen anyone bullied, and simply not giving an answer isn't bullying...I, truly, honestly, don't think there is a problem...

pokedude3
06-03-2010, 11:29 PM
...honestly? I don't blame you for not seeing it ongame, but I have. People just walk past you when you talk to them. They don't respect each other. Personally, in my eyes, this problem... no... this infection, desease of disrespect and lack of kindness, repulses me.

Sorak
06-04-2010, 03:45 AM
I have seen it in other MMO's, so it does disgust me, I may not see it because I am not the most sociable person

pokedude3
06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
@Foxip's first post on page six.
Well, I can't really go on PMU (Dumb thing keeps saying server is down when I put in the correct IP...) so we'll have to hold off on that idea.

On subject.
@ Sorak
It is not your fault if your anti-sociable, it's just a notice on how the infection is.