[suggestion] improvements to guild, editing, etc

5/12/17 update: added new content
I haven’t played PMU in years, so you’re going to have to bear with me when it comes to any lack of knowledge on a certain subject. I’m just tossing ideas and suggestions out there; you are all free to add onto them if you would like. I’m not new to the suggestions scene; years and years ago, I posted a bunch of fantasical ideas and UI ideas for PMU. Even now, I feel as if they were all relatively realistic and achievable goals. However, I feel that my newest… list of suggestions will be much easier to implement. I’ll try to organize the suggestions by their content.

s o c i a l_______________
In my opinion, PMU has an untapped potential in the social aspect of the game. While these newer dungeons are cool, it would be great if we could somehow expand on features that we already have.

[list=5]
[li]Guild expeditions. I’m pretty sure this a commonly suggested idea, but hear me out… Guildmembers get to take on large-scale dungeons that involve higher stakes and more adventure. Taking inspiration from the games, you could also add a little storytelling and immersion to the adventures as well (cutscenes and desicions, etc). Here are some smaller ideas I had. [/li] - New dungeons

• Expanding on the story
  • Guild prestige and rewards awarded to those that complete the expeditions

[li]CTF/Snowball content expansion. Branching off of what I said about guilds earlier, adding a more competitive aspect to the mini-games would definitely revive some sort of interest in them. Staff can host monthly(??) competitions where players register their teams and strive for trophies and goodies. There could be a leaderboard with the top ten teams dominating the game. Honestly, it seems pretty cool. I’ve always been in love with CTF, so it breaks my heart to see that it doesn’t get the attention that it used to get in the past. [/li]
[li]Bring back contests. I’m pretty sure there has not been a mapping contest in years… and there has never been a literature or art contest in PMU’s history. Adding these little contests could definitely increase interest in the game and allow people that aren’t fond of mapping to contribute to the community in some way. This could also revive the literature area of PMU, which has dwindled away. [/li][/list]

g a m e p l a y / e t c _______________
These are just smaller suggestions based on what I’ve experienced in the game so far.

1. plz fix map editor. i’m a simple folk. i do my taxes, i work a 9-5 job. I DESERVE THE MAP EDITOR-- if the map editor is broken forever, then there should be an updated disclaimer to the user downloading PMU so they aren’t disappointed.
  2. UI revamp. To be blunt, PMU’s interface can be very clunky at times. The scrolling is not compatible with the mouse wheel, and you cannot quickly access the chat with the ENTER key, like in most games. I feel like fixing these outdated features could make things a little more convenient, but that’s just a little nitpick. In addition, players should be able to have the ability to quickly use an item that their pokemon is holding. What’s the point of my teddiursa holding an oran berry if I just have to go to inventory, find the oran berry, click on it, and eat it? update: so apparently this exists and i’ve been living a lie my entire life.
    [li]Storyline quest UI. I would say this would be more useful to the newer player. Many times have I seen newbies ask in global where to go, what to do, and how to do something. Although PMU has a plot of sorts, it’s still very open. I know that a lot of the game is exploring, but there should be some sort of guidance for the player. Here is a basic…prototype, if you will, of what I mean.[/li]- Players have a new subcategory added to the “Quests” UI. There will be two tabs: Storyline missions and Board missions.
    - The storyline missions will lead the player where to go next, which, in terms of implementation, can be determined through what cutscenes the player has seen.

thxxx

Technically, if your mons are already holding a usable item (like berries/orbs/ect), you can just press z/x/c/v to use it o:
other than that I really like these suggestions, wouldn’t mind if some are implemented~ i’d die of joy if we had more mapping contests like back in the day

Hi ! Thanks for all your suggestions, they are greatly appreciated by myself and the rest of the staff team~

1. We as staff have been discussing/toying with this idea, it’d be fun to have but there’s quite a few issues we need to address before we could do a large scale expedition/dungeon. But we are open to other suggestions just like this one for the guild system. Personally, I think guild base areas and GvG events would be fun !

2. CTF is something we’d like to make bigger and rotate into our weekly events, I do like the idea of teams signing up and there being a leaderboard, I’ll bring it up to the staff team and see how everyone feels~.

3. Our last mapping contest was in Fall of 2016, so about half a year, with more being planned (theres an event tab on the forums if you wanna see more about it) . As for the literary or art contests, stay tuned because I do have some other contests planned!~ (hint hint)

4. I’ll ask about the disclaimer or removing it from the downloading file/area for PMU. I do hope we can fix it in the future though !

5. Enter key on PMU is used for picking up items, if we were to do a change for it to be used for the chat we’d have to move around the item pick up button and perhaps a few others. As for the quick use of a held item, you can do that already with Z, X, C and V. for Slot 1, 2, 3 and 4~

thanks for the response! i actually did NOT know about the quick use key or the contest in 2016, so i’ll update my original post accordingly. in addition to the changes, I also have some other gameplay related ideas that i think will be very useful, especially to the newer player.

update 5/15: now i know this probably won’t get much traction but just hear me out for one sec. would there ever be an option for a chat block? i want to play this game with my younger brother, and to be blunt with you all, i don’t trust the random nature of the chat sometimes. a troll popping in and saying expletives is an inevitability in a mmo and i know PMU’s audience isn’t for incredibly young people, and there is (to my knowledge) a filter in place for the swears and stuff, but i can’t help but try and ask.

i doubt it’s possible, considering the fact that both global and local chat will still show up as bubbles to the player, but having some sort of like… reverse ban of sorts where the player (in this case, let’s just say my younger brother) can’t receive messages would be pretty neato lol

ANYWAYS i digress, the idea is a little fantastical in implementation and if need be i’ll just host my own private server or play a different game with him that is more stricter on the chat policy.