HT/TC Buff???

Uh… this is the first time I’ve actually done a thing on here in a while. Most of my ideas get shot down/ignored, but my Heart Scale one was implemented, so I feel kinda/really good about this…??

Anyways, I’m sure all of you’ve noticed that no one does HT or TC anymore. Or rather, very few people do. Mostly because the rewards aren’t that good anymore/can be gotten someplace else. And… I really think that it’s a shame that these milestone dungeons have been rendered almost obsolete. They were rewards for PMU’s community reaching a certain level of… growth, you could say. I’m just embracing that set of beliefs.

What I’m proposing isn’t too terribly massive a buff, but will likely take time in implementing (due to the sheer size of TC).

Really, I’m just considering a new currency to be found rarely in both dungeons, probably at about the rate of… being burned by heat wave. The higher floors would probably yield larger stacks (probably 10-30) of this currency, and there could be an NPC in grassroot, maybe in the plaza, that exchanges it for things.

The shop could sell some things that previous HCs sold/had (like say, the hoods for the lake trio and mystery hats), some possible rewards from both dungeons combined, be it from end boxes or SRs (with the rarer items/ones that take more effort getting costing more than, say, a pink bow, which would probably be around 50 or so units), some rare/coveted items (like heart scales, mystery chests, fossils, razor claws, etc.), and maybe, just maybe, there could be mystery eggs you could buy from the shop too!

Nothing too drastic, but 1000 of these coins (which I’m just going to call Ancient Coins for now) could let you buy an egg of grass, fire, water, electric, ground, normal, or psychic type (and each egg would be its separate item) and inside… would be a starter! While most of the eggs would have a 25% chance for each starter, the fire, water, and grass ones would have a lesser chance, due to six generations of pokemon being crammed into the selection pool.

And, to make things more fair for players on the other side of the globe from the States and Europe who can’t make it to weekly events (or just those who have busy schedules that can’t make them), 300 Ancient Coins could buy you 1 (one) single Event Token!

Things would be a bit of a grind, similar to getting a dratini, or other things but not so harsh… After all, HT and TC were made to thank players for their support of the game! And… things would be a bit more balanced for newer players, too, as opposed to the trend I’ve seen of late-game additions being added.

Plus, people would still have to earn their items and pokemon. While the starters are fairly cheap, it should be mentioned that this scheme does not include NPCs dropping Ancient Coins. The chances of finding Ancient Coins aren’t really high, but it’s not that terrible, either. As I said, the currency is similar to Ekop, even in the way it spawns.

So, I’m really interested in people’s thoughts on this! Reply away! Offer solutions to problems I might not have seen!~