The gifting/tipping of Poké Dollars.

As it is now, Poké Dollars are earned by posting and daily activity. This is fine but since the shop items themselves can be gifted I thought it might be a good idea to transfer the Dollars themselves. This way you can contribute towards a purchase that otherwise wouldn’t be able to be made. Since the last collectable items were changed I imagine there was some level of pressure put on people who wanted specific items before they too are removed.

My idea is that there should be an option to donate to other people a number of your own Poké Dollars.
One problem is that this could possibly be abused by having mule accounts to collect the daily amount, or possibly start threads to have fake conversations between them. I doubt this would actually occur but it is a possibility.

The second idea is related to the first and could be an alternative to gifting. It’s essentially the same as a ‘like’ wherein you tip a post you like and it’ll give the poster one Poké Dollar. This would normally be from your own funds, but if you’re capped at, say, 3 ‘tips’ per day then I think there could be an allowance for free currency. It wouldn’t really fit the purpose, however.

I think giving pokedollars would be neat, but as you said in the second part, it could very well be abused with shell accounts.
Thank you very much for your suggestion, maybe there could be some work around. if not, being able to buy people the collectibles they like is still a nice thing!

Indeed. A work around could be to ban multiple accounts from the same IP but I know for a fact there are people with siblings and such and that’d be unfair. Even then there are ways around that.

It is a nice thing. A very expensive nice thing. Especially when they seem to be in limited supply, and owning one for yourself may prove to make it more valuable in the future. Really you probably wouldn’t gift to anyone other than close friends, unless you have Dollars to spare.
Transferring Poke Dollars would potentially allow for a crossover into the game. For example, buying collectables/dollars with in game currency/items. I thought about it a bit and I can’t imagine it’d reduce their value, as forum activity is still necessary to earn the dollars themselves. However it would make them less of an achievement, if they can be bought without the effort of staying active.

The only issue I can think of is that people will use the forums as a way to get things they need ingame but to be honest I don’t imagine the collectables are all that desirable, (Says me. Haha. I’m such a hypocrite.)

But if that were the case, there could be a sort of approval system.

Player 1; Gifts 50 PokeDollars to Player 2.
Player 2; Gets a message saying Player 1 wants to send over 50 PokeDollars.
(If done as part of a trade, Player 2 can give Player 1 whatever was agreed on.)
Player 2; Chooses to accept or decline.

Problem is then that Player 2 can immediately choose to accept and make away with the dollars. If Player 1 is given an opt-out option, they could escape with their dollars as well, if they’re fast enough.
To be honest I don’t think it’d be worth it solely because it’d be harder to moderate trades across the two platforms. Keep forum currency on the forums and game currency in the game. It was just an idea though. Even bad ones are worth sharing. Sometimes…
An alternative could be a proper trading system of sorts but I imagine that’d be harder to implement on the forums.

So for example.
Player 1; shows the Squirtle collectable.
Player 2; shows the Bulbasaur collectable + 50 PokeDollars.
Player 1; changes the trade to Charmander collectable.
Player 1; approves.
Player 2; declines.
Trade cancelled.

I imagine this would be rather difficult to add as things are now, but hey, who knows? Maybe in the future this could be considered.

I’m going to give a better reply tomorrow since I’m super tired and going to sleep at the moment, but just want to throw this idea here:

What if we had Forum Events to earn Pokedollars or Exclusives? Might not involve trading or gifting but it’d be a nice way to increment our money. I like exclusives, although I’d prefer to have mostly flying types. And yep, a trading system would be really nice.

Uhm. Is-

Is this new or have I been blind this entire time?