Anyone else getting redirects on here?

I’m worried my computer may have a virus. Often when I click a link I’m redirected to some random site, but as far as I can tell it only happens on this site. I’m using firefox with adblock. I looked in my programs and task manager and didn’t find anything suspicious. Has anyone had this problem?

I haven’t personally experienced this, what kind of things are you clicking on here?

I haven’t either. :/

Probably my computer then…actually it did it when I clicked on this board. It happens often when I click a link, or sometimes even on blank white space. Maybe I’ll just reset it to factory default. That should clear out viruses right…?

It definitely sounds like a virus must’ve installed itself, I don’t know much about computer tech but I supposed you could factory reset it as a last resort ; o ;

I actually got mine reset recently due to the same circumstances, not the same virus but it was slow and acting up. It does fix it, but consider you’ll also lose all your folders [unless a tech points a specific point to save stuff you don’t want to lose, or you save in an external device].

Good luck getting it solved :)

Viruses… I have a few ideas. Can’t guarantee they will work. But it’s definitely worth a try!

Could be your browser that you’re using. Invisible adds are a thing and can creep their way into your computer and online.
If that’s the case, depending on what internet browser you use, there’s a possibility that it will stop if you switch to a different one. (Such as Opora, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, FireFox, etc.)
Another fix (I don’t think this works on Internet Explorer, could be wrong though), is installing an extension called ‘AdBlock’, which you can get from the chrome store.
If that doesn’t work, you could try using your Antivirus and do a sweep through that. Oh, also make sure you’re uninstalled all shady programs that you might have downloaded onto your computer.
If that doesn’t work, I’d suggest Factory Resetting. Personally I don’t like doing that because it’s a long and tedious process - but if it fix your issue (which I’m more than certain it will), I’d backup all your folders and such that you’d want to keep to make sure you can put them back onto your computer again once you’ve factory reset.

Good luck solving the issue and I hope I helped! ;o;

Yea, it is my pc cause it spread. I tried all that stuff, so Im just gonna have to reset it. What a pain. But thanks for replying all.

I would agree with Dezel, if some one installed a web browser toolbar or some sort of suggester, it will randomly take you to an unwanted page, even when your not looking, if you have used your pc long enough (or own it) to notice the unwanted change, you would see what program got installed that’s causing it, sometimes the thing could be sitting in your processes or on your web browser it self, I’m not sure if its a virus (even if its causing undesired operations) though if i was in the same boat, what i usually do is start back tracking on the stuff that got installed before it started happening, that usually fixes it, I also believe that if you look in your list of installed programs you would see when it got installed (you might notice also when you were NOT using the PC on those days) but if all else fails I would not recommend factory resting, because you can also use the PC’s restore function which all it does is roll back the PC to a specific day (that is if those days were logged) also if you have windows 10, they included its own annoying suggester, though you can turn that one off in the ‘control panel settings’

I’m not the best with computers but I think it must be a very tricky one. I’ve checked my web browser, its shortcuts, looked at all my installed programs, looked at the processes in the task manager, set firefox back to default and still doing it. My pc could use cleaning up anyway, there’s some programs on it I don’t use anymore that take a lot of space (such as visual studio) so I’m backing up all my files and will reset or restore it. Since I use this pc to look at my bank Id rather do that than risk it.