Labyrinth Cave - Gible's home

This is an idea of dungeon where we could get Gible started by ElectronZekrom.

My opinion about Gible

First of all, I’d like to share what I think about Gible and what I remember from facts. This may be wrong because this topic is really old and I don’t know the whole story.

This is what we know about Gible :
A staff member (if I’m not wrong, Sprinko) planned to make a dungeon named Dynamo Sands, where Gible would be one of the recruitable pokemon. However, we haven’t heard from them for a long time, enough to be pretty certain that they are not coming back. But even so, the staff team wasn’t (or still isn’t) sure about what to do about Dynamo Sands, as a staff member idea stay theirs. Which is why so far, Dynamo Sands (that became Dynamo Soons ™ for the community) doesn’t exist today, and no dungeon allow the players to get a Gible.

What I think about this :
The community have been waiting for Gible to appears for a long time, so much that it became a meme. It was a fun source of jokes for a while, but it became old. Maybe it would feel off that Gible is released while it wasn’t for so many years, but can we really never release Gible because it would be weird for a while? If I’m not mistaking, Gible is the only unreleased pokemon from the first 4 generations (minus legendaries and ditto) and I don’t think of letting that hole in the middle of the dex list is a good thing.
However, I would be hypocritical if I said that it’d be ok to just take Sprinko’s idea (yes, I’m just going to assume it was Sprinko idea until someone states otherwise) and make Dynamo Sands anyway. Which is why making a totally different dungeon sounds like a good option, and ElectronZekrom’s idea seems appealing to me.

Labyrinth Cave

If this name doesn’t ring a bell to you, it is actually a dungeon appearing in the anime and the game via Wonder Mail or Spinda Café. Here’s the bulbapedia link to it : https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Labyrinth_Cave .
Of course, just remaking this dungeon adding Gible would be way too easy to get it. This is why I think it should make some references to the anime without being exactly the same.

Storyline :
The storyline would be the actual reference. A Shinx ask you to get a Gabite Scale to cure his sister’s sickness. Making the Gabite a Garchomp and/or raising its stats would make it a challenging boss enough (well, as challenging as bosses can be in PMU).

System :
As the name implies, Labyrinth Cave is a labyrinth. I think that the dungeon should be based on this ; it would be its challenge and what makes Gible hard to obtain. This could also prevent having another linear dungeon, which is way less interesting.
Of course, the first things you may think of are Tanren Chambers. But this dungeon is made of structured chambers, while the Labyrinth Cave would be… a cave. It could have, indeed, several exits or dead ends, but instead of travelling using a system of keys and locked staircases, it would make more sense to me that you need to use Dig and/or Rock Smash to find your way in the dungeon. This would, once again, add some difficulty, as the players would either have to spend time and efforts on training a pokemon knowing these moves or manage to keep them alive through the whole dungeon. Besides, who said it had to be a low level dungeon? I just think that there are others ways to make a dungeon challenging, but it doesn’t mean these ways can’t be combined.
This would also make this dungeon more different than the chambers, where several chambers are linked together. A map of Labyrinth Cave could look more like a tree. Doesn’t Gible deserve an unique dungeon?

Content :
Either a Gible Egg or Recruitable Gible (in SR?). As for the rest, I leave it to staff and other players imagination. I’m not that good at thinking about dungeons contents.

Conclusion

We can’t wait for broken promises eternally. Sooner or later, Gible has to be released, and it’s up to staff to decide on how to release it. However, we all can get good ideas, and they shouldn’t be ignored because we are only players. I invite everyone to respond to this topic and add their owns ideas to complete this bud until it blooms into a beautiful flower.

This sounds interesting! I’d really love to see how this could be developed into a dungeon! for Gible being a “special mon” I’d love to see a “special” way on a way to recruit it, a simple rare egg or SR spawn dosn’t seem special for the greatest meme of PMU.

The Dungeon idea sounds great, with plenty of dead ends with good prizes and a great challenge.

as I said, I hope the community puts input in this; I love the base idea for it myself!

I want to know if any staffs are actually opposed to Gible being released which may not have to be in this dungeon. Or is it like “We’re going to make a super duper special dungeon for Gible” but never got around to doing it.

Most if not all of us staff actually want a gible ourselves ! The problem in the past was that staff members would reserve it for their dungeon ideas and then be M.I.A or leave the team. At the moment it’s free game and we can get it released, we aren’t against releasing it we just need to see when and where to do so.

Nice! The reference to pmd is charming. Why not keep boss as Gabite? A strong Gabite guard, just like in pmd.

Which dungeon level though? Why not take this opportunity and encourage all those old players who stopped leveling because they lost motivation? 50s, and no rock climb requirement! Hopefully won’t make some of us think pmu did it again and only put all good stuff in high lvl dungeons.

Branching paths sounds cool! Though everyone would probably choose only one path, because that is the “best path, bar none”. Just like MJ is the “best dungeon, bar none”. Unless it’s like SF. Because Sky Fortress managed to have 3.5 branches, all are relevant to run thanks to type difference!