Levels 100's and doom seeds

Everyone knows you cant exp all with a lvl 100 so unless you want to train anew you have to keep feeding them doom seeds. The problem is a doom seed puts you at 99 percent exp, so you’ve either got to use 2 seeds or hold everstone (but the chances of dropping or forgetting to equip it is high and then you once again need a doom seed)

The only reliable way of getting a doom seed is to grind for ekop. They also can very rarely be found in sr boxes and the only other way I know is a Halloween boss drop. They aren’t so easy to find and never appear in dungeon floors so can we just remove the 99 percent thing?

The only reason it is like that in the game is because enemies can throw them at you and it would suck to lose a whole level.
But that can’t happen here and you actually have a reason for wanting to go down a level.

Of course it would be better to have the exp all just work with lvl 100s, but I don’t know if that is a bug or design choice.
I think having the penalty of wearing an everstone is enough to counterbalance speeding up the 1-30 level grind if only you didn’t have to keep sucking down doom seeds which are a pain to get.

I know it doesn’t fully solve your problem, but you could train a sticky hold/suction cups Pokemon to level 99 so that way you won’t drop an everstone (and I guess you’d just have to get used to equipping it).

Isn’t suction cups for warping? But anyways that wont solve my problem, I somehow just bought a doom seed and immediately went into a dungeon without equipping it. I coulda sworn I did.