Mega Evolution

Apart from few pokemon, PMU has almost all features of gen VI. I would say the last feature to make it a complete gen VI game is to add Mega Evolution. I do understand that the mechanic and duration of evolution could be different in PMU than the core games or PMD… And knowing how difficult it is to hunt rare items in this game, mega stones might be super difficult to get.

I strongly suggest that mega evolution is added to the game though, as it will make it more interesting, give use to new unused Pokemon and provide useful bulk in tough dungeons. I think mega evolution in PMU should work more like the core series, giving just a 100 base stat increase, and alter typing/abilities. I found the awakened status in PMD pretty OP and broken.

In PMU, perhaps mega evolution could be achieved by getting the Key Stone as reward from a “mega evolution dungeon”, much like the tablet. And then either randomly find mega stones in sealed rooms/boxes in the same or a different dungeon. There could be either stones specific for each pokemon, or we could also have a generic mega stone for all species.

Of course these are just ideas, but mega evolution is important for a complete game experience imo!

Mega evolution definitely is something really neat that players and staff have mulled about and suggested, however right now our main focus is with adding new pokemon and fixing features etc. I feel like with mega stones a lot would have to be considered, how often would you be able to use it, once per floor for a timed amount, once per dungeon, etc. I personally wasn’t too big a fan with emeras and such in PSMD either. Regardless though, that’s not to say mega evolution won’t ever happen or that it will, just that at the current time its not a big priority.

Thanks for the heads-up nano. I see what you mean and it makes perfect sense. I was also wondering it could work in PMU. I just hope this won’t be left behind or ignored because it’s a very important aspect of Pokemon!