Is the game itself still alive with plenty of players?

To be honest, I just learned of this game. So is it still very much alive? This forum seems decently alive, considering its age. But if there are only like a few players playing it then I do not see much reason to download.

Welcome to the forums! The game is indeed alive and active, some times of day is quieter than others but thats to be expected during school/workdays. Usually on weekends we get more for our weekend events.

Let me tell. The game is “active”, yeah. It still is online. But there are like 20-30 (max) playerbase i’ve seen this week, i think. Unless eventdays. And for good when you start, people are not dead if you need help. (Though, staff members would be there to help, if they are not busy)

But hey, welcome. It’s a fine game if you are okay with dead community.

The game generally has a small, but great community most days. On weekends there tends to be more players due to weekly events generally, but regardless the game still has a great community!

Yeah, I’d say 20-30 concurrent players is about right most of the time. Events can see a few more players getting on, but in general this is what to expect on any given day.

The Discord server (an invite link can be found on the home page of the site) sees pretty regular activity and is where I personally stay in touch with what’s happening most of the time. It feels like just the right amount of activity for someone like me - not so much that I have no hope of reading everything, but there’s pretty much always something new when I check on it after a couple hours of being away.

Having a small playerbase is one of the best parts of this game. I don’t feel lost in a crowd or insignificant and can joke around. Besides, even if there was no one on at all, it’s still worth playing at least once for each dungeon if you like the pmd games.

When I first discovered PMU a few months ago, I also wanted it to have many active players like other MMOs. Now I realise it’s better to have few regulars, because this actually makes a community - the fact that you more or less know each other. Even with players you know, though, it’s bit hard to keep up with all the alts! LOL

Hey, that is really great!