PMU Summer Tournament (Weakness Cup)

Hello everyone! It is time once again for a tournament. This will be a Weakness Cup tournament. For those who don’t know what weakness cup is, allow me to explain. Weakness Cup is a new tier of tournament that was started in gen 7. Normal Smogon Tiers and evolution status are invalid in this. Instead, the eligible Pokémon and based around how many weaknesses that Pokémon has. In Weakness Cup, only Pokémon with 5 or more weaknesses are allowed. Some Pokémon with the necessary number of weaknesses will still be disallowed due to abilities and other factors which will be stated below.

Here is a link to help you look at what type combinations meet the 5+ weaknesses requirement:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/2000480-pokemon-sun-moon-battling/75530116

This tournament will be taking place Sunday, June 24th at the normal Weekly Event time (3PM EST | 7PM UTC) Please come early so you will be sure to not be late. Being late will result in a sub taking your place and you will miss out on participating.

Round 1 Match-ups
GibleZ vs. Scizivire
Veezo vs. Lucilfer
Whimsey vs. DarkMatter
Zappeh vs. Aquden

Substitutes:

1. BinaryBob

Rules:

-2 Pokemon per participant
-2 minutes per round, then sudden death will start(the next Pokémon that faints is the winner, so long as both competitors have the same amount of Pokémon left. So if one player has 2 pokemon left while the other player has 1, and then 2 minutes are up, the player with 2 Pokémon wins as they have more left, if both players have 2 Pokémon left each or 1 Pokémon left each, the next one to faints loses)
-Upon fainting, DO NOT MOVE. Both sides will be warped to opposite ends of the arena and will be notified when to continue the battle.
-Moving before being signaled will result in disqualification.
-No switching, the 2nd Pokémon you want to use must be the leader
-No moves that have an effect(not counting stat drops/increases because the arenas will stop this) above a 30% chance
-No Trapping Moves
-No OHKO(One Hit Knock Out) moves
-No Damage Reflection moves(Destiny Bond, Counter, and Mirror Coat)
-No status moves(moves like Attract, Sleep Powder, Toxic, etc)
-No HP Healing Moves
-No Items allowed
-No AoEs above a 2-tile range
-No Arc or Spray moves above a 3-tile range
-If there are more than enough participants, there will be 2 arenas that will help get matches done faster
-No 2 turn moves such as Fly or Dig that give you an invulnerable state, as they can be used to stall and give one player a free advantage to heal
-Weather Moves are banned(Hail, Sunny Day, etc.)
-Displacement Moves(U-Turn, Dragon Tail, etc.) are banned
-No Protection Moves allowed(Protect, Detect, King’s Shield etc.)

-Players who sign up as a competitor and not a sub, may NOT come back as a sub. Once you have participated, if you have lost, that is the only chance you will get. No second chance by becoming a sub.
-Players may not be allowed to enter the arena unless they are told to do so. If the player enters 2 times, here’s how it will go down:

~1st time will be a strict warning, for participants and subs this will be the only warning you get.
~2nd time, participants will be disqualified from their match, resulting in a loss for them and a win for their opponent, subs will lose their chance at being a sub, and others(spectators) will be dealt in other ways.

Banned Abilities

Arena Trap
Cursed Body
Cute Charm
Drizzle (Starting Member only)
Drought (Starting Member only)
Gooey
Magnet Pull
Sand Stream (Starting Member only)
Shadow Tag
Snow Warning (Starting Member only)
Speed Boost
Thick Fat
Unburden
Wonder Guard

Prizes:

1st Place Prizes:

1,500,000 Poké
Choice of 1 Gem and 1 Globe
50 of each colored shard(Red, Blue, Yellow, Green)
5 Heart Scales
5 Heart Slate Choices
8 Dust Choices
8 Silk Choices
3 Fossils of Choice
Miracle Chest
TM Earthquake
Sentiment Ribbon
Protector

2nd Place Prizes:

750,000 Poké
Choice of 1 Gem or 1 Globe
25 of each colored shard(Red, Blue, Yellow, Green)
3 Heart Scales
3 Heart Slate Choices(from leftovers from 1st place choices)
6 Dust Choices(from leftovers from 1st place choices)
6 Silk Choices(from leftovers from 1st place choices)
2 Fossils of Choice(leftovers from 1st place choices)
Exp. All
TM Blizzard
Up-Grade
Dubious Disc

3rd Place Prizes:

400,000 Poké
15 of each colored shard(Red, Blue, Yellow, Green)
1 Heart Scale
1 Heart Slate Choice(from leftovers from 1st and 2nd place choices)
4 Dusts(leftovers from 1st and 2nd place choices)
4 Silks(leftovers from 1st and 2nd place choices)
1 Fossil of Choice(leftovers from 1st and 2nd place choices)
Golden Mask
TM Thunderbolt
Magmarizer
Electirizer

Unlock System:

The initial prize list may not seem like much, but better prizes can be won if more players participate in the tournament. This is something done before and can be a great way to motivate more players to join the fray.
Here is a list of the tiers you can help unlock by participating:
If there are 25 participants for the event or under:

First Place: 8 Event Tokens
Second Place: 5 Event Tokens
Third Place: 3 Event Tokens
Participation Tokens: 1 Event Token

If there are between 26 and 50 participants for the event:

First Place: 10 Event Tokens + new musical item or old musical item of choice
Second Place: 7 Event Tokens + old musical item of choice
Third Place: 5 Event Tokens + random musical item
Participation Tokens: 2 Event Tokens

If there are between 51 and 100 Participants for the event:

First Place: 10 Event Tokens + new musical item or old musical item of choice+ Legendary costume of choice(new or old)
Second Place: 7 Event Tokens + old musical item of choice+ old legend costume item of choice
Third Place: 5 Event Tokens random musical item + random legend costume item
Participation Tokens: 3 Event Tokens

There may be a few questions that would come up from this(such as what differentiates an old music item from a new music item? As well as what differentiates an old legend costume from a new legendary costume?), and the answers are below:

1. An old Musical Item would classify as any of the Harmonic Tower End Box items, examples being the Fiery Drum and the Sky Melodica, while new musical items would include the aether/skull music items as well as stuff like the conch shell!
  2. Old legendary costumes would classify as the mystery hats that can change you into stuff like Jirachi and Shaymin, while new legendary costumes classify as things such as the Giratina Crown, Yveltal Crown, Azelf Hood, etc

Count for the Unlock System:
Total Participants:
Thank you for reading everything(hopefully)! Hopefully we get a lot of people to be involved into the tournament and get hyped up! Hopefully everyone has fun with this event! However, I alone did not make this tournament! I do have credits that will be given out:
Zappeh for helping plan out ban lists and reward collecting.
Binary Bob for helping with ban lists and offering a couple items to the reward pot.
~Special Thanks to the staff team for allowing this tournament to happen in the first place.

What is your in-game name?:Lucilfer
participating
Comments/Questions:FIRST also good luck!
Participants/Competitors:1

What is your in-game name?: Zappeh
I will be participating!
Comments/Questions: Good luck to other competitors! I will be trying to bring some heat.

What is your in-game name?:Lucilfer
participating
Comments/Questions:FIRST also good luck!
Participants/Competitors:1

What is your in-game name?: Lucilfer
I will be winning(participating)!
Comments/Questions: Good luck! I will be the edge… the blades edge :P :rawr:

Giblez
and ill be winning this tourny like last years one

Giblez
ill be winning again this year like last year

Heya. I’ll just go ahead and leave this here:

Username: BinaryBob
Position: Substitute
Comment: We’re blasting off again!

Whimsy
is participating!

In-game name : veezo
I would like to participate
Comments/Questions : Hold down those shift keys 'cause I’ll be trying not to get eliminated in the first round again. Good luck to all participants!

What is your in-game name?:Aquaden(medo)
I shall be participating!
-Comments/Questions:Good luck for everyone! also is cursed body allowed? :I

no

Yes Cursed Body is allowed. Froslass is the only weakness cup Pokemon that has that ability.

Exactly, But Disable lasts for the entire battle, and it’s 30% chance to disable the move that hits it. Some RNG and you have your entire moveset Gone :o

hmm if it has the potential to disable an entire moveset then ok i understand. i was thinking about main games where you only lose the move that gets the defeating blow

What is your in-game name?: Scizivire
I’d like to participate once more.
Comments/Questions:

• Weather forecast: Destruction with a chance of memes.
  • You better not ban things mid-tournament again.

-Sciz makes an OP Strategy.
-tournament mods find out about it.
-RIP Sciz.

What is your in-game name?: DarkMatter
I will participate
Comments/Questions: No