Few suggestions.

I’ve heard of this game from a few friends of mine and I recently checked it out. The game has so much potential, and I’ve talked to several people!

I heard the game was in it’s prime several years ago, but the more I talked to others, it sounds like there’s a few things going wrong. For 1: I heard the staff’s behavior is a little on the low end. I think there could be major improvement, like restricting actions for staff members, and putting limits on what action they can do right in an instant, For I have heard various players, and even a staff member, have gotten banned or kick for petty small reasons, or no reason at all! There could be some major reinforcement and some ‘abuse’ prevention there.

The gameplay is Amazing, although I think my only complain there is that for some of my friends that I’ve showed this game, Movement feels ‘stiff’. I can’t tell if that’s just latency, but if it IS stiff, would be nice to tweak it just a little. Game improvements don’t have to be made though!

Don’t get me wrong. I feel this game has a lot of potential, But I hear some of the players in the community struggle, and from talk I’ve heard, it sounds like Staff members abuse powers, even if it’s just a little.

I think my last, but least important suggestion is: A ban wipe every year or so. I know there’s been bad-eggs in games like this and even in servers on various games, but even then, people DO change, and some for the better. I have a friend who’s been a bad egg in the past, and he’s wanted to get back in the game because he’s improved a lot, but he’s unable to, even if he hasn’t played in about 3-4 years. I fear that a majority of people who played this game might’ve been banned or chased out due to some community troubles.

My apologies if I’m jumping ahead of things, but from a lot of what I hear, the game has its pros and cons, and there’s some pretty obvious cons that can be worked on in a snap and might as well be done instead of dodged. I hope I bring a little light to this and maybe even reinforce the game just a little! :heart:

Restricting actions? In what way? We moderate to ensure the community is not besieged by players who do not like/care for the rules we have in place. The rules are rules for a reason, and if you cannot read+follow them, then don’t expect us to not do anything about it. Heresay does not help in this case either, so it can just be negative gossip that helps no one.

The gameplay is Amazing, although I think my only complain there is that for some of my friends that I’ve showed this game, Movement feels ‘stiff’. I can’t tell if that’s just latency, but if it IS stiff, would be nice to tweak it just a little. Game improvements don’t have to be made though!

Unfortunately that is not something we can work on at the moment, we do not have an available backend-type of person to work on the latency issues.

Don’t get me wrong. I feel this game has a lot of potential, But I hear some of the players in the community struggle, and from talk I’ve heard, it sounds like Staff members abuse powers, even if it’s just a little.

Accusations of abuse are tantamount necessary that proof is required. I and my fellow Administrators do not tolerate tomfoolery, as much as people think we don’t do anything. There’s a difference between fun, and pressing the line just a bit too much, and in that case, we step in to stop members from going a little overboard with their command usage.

I think my last, but least important suggestion is: A ban wipe every year or so. I know there’s been bad-eggs in games like this and even in servers on various games, but even then, people DO change, and some for the better. I have a friend who’s been a bad egg in the past, and he’s wanted to get back in the game because he’s improved a lot, but he’s unable to, even if he hasn’t played in about 3-4 years. I fear that a majority of people who played this game might’ve been banned or chased out due to some community troubles.

Not happening.

My apologies if I’m jumping ahead of things, but from a lot of what I hear, the game has its pros and cons, and there’s some pretty obvious cons that can be worked on in a snap and might as well be done instead of dodged. I hope I bring a little light to this and maybe even reinforce the game just a little! :heart:

Most of these cons are pretty much “you heard” of, are not issues being “dodged” as you are claiming, they are at my final discretion. It sounds as if you want the rules turned to relaxed mush, and the banned who have been banned for gosh darn good reasons, unbanned-- it is not an easy thing to ban, as much as you’d think, unless their actions have been found gravely detrimental to the health of the game and community. Your suggestions have been duly noted, but not likely to happen.

I’ve heard stories of an admin of having been kicked out for defending someone that only did one small bad deed. It doesn’t sound like Staff are very stable. I’m not saying to turn rules into ‘mush’, it’s a matter of the fact that, from what I can tell, some of the community was killed with several staff members doing what they shouldn’t.

I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but there’s still some small improvements that can be made to at least help the community a little. I also fine ban-wipes are pretty common among servers, even if it takes 5 years to happen, it can still help and show the community that they shouldn’t do wrong, but at the same time show that staff can be forgiving. Several of my friends are afraid of talking much in-game. I know I haven’t played long, but from experience in other games and communities, I can tell this one has potential, but there are some flaws that could really be worked on.

And hearing ‘not likely to happen’ from one person, to me, Isn’t enough. My apologies for being persistent and stubborn, but I want to hear opinions of other people and staff members, as well as ex-staff or long-time players. I’ll take into note that latency won’t get worked on for quite some time, and a ban-wipe will take even more time to consider or work out.

P.S. I don’t think banning someone for stealing a berry is a good reason. Sorry.

Here’s the problem again… ‘heresay’, ‘stories’, you “heard” this and that. Don’t you think people could be twisting things to fulfill their own context? And what “Admin”? Any Admins I have been aware of have never been kicked out, they either went AWOL or stepped down/left.

I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but there’s still some small improvements that can be made to at least help the community a little. I also fine ban-wipes are pretty common among servers, even if it takes 5 years to happen, it can still help and show the community that they shouldn’t do wrong, but at the same time show that staff can be forgiving. Several of my friends are afraid of talking much in-game. I know I haven’t played long, but from experience in other games and communities, I can tell this one has potential, but there are some flaws that could really be worked on.

I will not be allowing ban wipes. Many that are permanently banned are too high risk to be let off the list, to the community and/or to the staff themselves. Don’t know what games that “commonly” do this, but the ones I’ve played, have never cleaned out their ban lists.

Nobody should have any fear of talking in-game unless they decide to skirt the rules. They can talk, just no using acronyms not allowed, suggestive/outright swearing, etc even. Leave the potty words off the game.

And hearing ‘not likely to happen’ from one person, to me, Isn’t enough. My apologies for being persistent and stubborn, but I want to hear opinions of other people and staff members, as well as ex-staff or long-time players. I’ll take into note that latency won’t get worked on for quite some time, and a ban-wipe will take even more time to consider or work out.

I reiterate. Ban wipe: not happening. You seem very insistent on this… and I am equally, if not egregiously stubborn, insistent on my ‘no wipe’ policy as well.

P.S. I don’t think banning someone for stealing a berry is a good reason. Sorry.

Show me proof of someone being banned for stealing a berry? I have seen no such report.

If your friends want to join back so bad try to appeal not that it ever works but you shouldn’t have to do the work for them … just a tip! :)