The Great Drop Party Glitch

Hello, this is Plippy—Also known as Kwrpg32 and Emeraldstar. I’m going to tell you about the insane glitch that happened a few months back, a few days after the TRU Stick War in Poke Town.

I’m not sure if the stick war did it or not, but a few days afterwards, something happened. It started getting REALLY laggy. Then, the lag stopped. When I got to Poke Town, the place was a madhouse. Players were yelling out for admins and there were items on pretty much every tile possible in Poke Town. Why? Because a massive glitch had happened. After dropping an item, it said you had to wait a number of seconds (Starting at 30,000,000) to pick up the item, no matter if you owned it or not. Also, all the enemies were frozen. They didn’t move, and attacking them did nothing. They couldn’t attack back, though. Shortly after, mods arrived at the scene and told everyone to settle down. They announced a server shutdown was going to happen shortly. A few minutes after they said that, the server went down. After about 10 minutes, it was back, and the glitch was completely exterminated.

Well, here you go!

Special thanks to

• Sprinko for shutting down the server.
  • the players for discovering the glitch. (However, no thanks for causing mayhem)

Sprinko was the one who reset the server, actually. This was when Sparky was the servers manager, not Flare. And it had nothing to do with the ‘stick war’, those happen every day. .-.

Oh, Sprinko? Eh, didn’t know that. I need to fix that.
And you’'re right, probably wasn’t the massive stick war. Does anyone know a cause for this glitch?

I remember that glitch. Players have a little fun with that glitch by dropping loads of items they don’t need, decorating all of PMU, or just littering. I like to think of it like this, “The Time Gears were stolen again, PMU is frozen in time.” The cause of this glitch is unknown to me, but it’s quite interesting, unless you dropped something important.