PMU 7 is now released!

Hello, players of PMU and beyond! Today, on September 1st, 2010, the PMU Staff Team is proud to bring to you our biggest update yet! Version 7 of our client and server have now been released! If you have been following along on our forums, you will already know most of the exciting changes that exist in PMU 7. If you have not, then we invite you to head on over to our PMU 7 section to see what’s new!

Installation

PMU 7 will not be available as an update ingame. You will have to install it. How do you install it? Click on the image below.

What’s New

For those who didn’t visit our PMU 7 section, here’s a short list of what’s new.

[ul]
[li] The game GUI has been rearranged[/li]
[li] New weather has been added and old weather upgraded[/li]
[li] The new Explorer Kit will provide you with tools that will help with your exploration[/li]
[li] Pokemon can be afflicted with status ailments[/li]
[li] The shop system has been updated. You may also purchase and sell items in bulk now[/li]
[li] Pokemon learn moves as they level up[/li]
[li] New mission system provides hundreds of unique new missions[/li]
[li] Players are able to skin the GUI thanks to the new skinning feature[/li]
[li] All players get a free house[/li]
[li] You can trade with other by using the “/trade [playername]” command[/li]
[li] Drastic changes to the held item system[/li]
[li] You can create parties with other players to aid in exploration[/li]
[li] Players can recruit large Pokemon now (ie. Onix, Lapras)[/li]
[li] All recruits now have a belly[/li]
[li] A new control scheme has been introduced[/li]
[li] Move click-targeting has been removed[/li]
[li] Support for level 1 dungeons has been added[/li]
[li] The mystery dungeon system has been vastly improved. Now each floor in a random dungeon is truly unique![/li]
[li] And much more![/ul][/li]
Controls

Now you know how to download the game, but you might not know how to play. Here are the controls.

Arrow Keys = Move around
Home Key = Change direction
Left Shift = Hold to run
Z = Attack
A, W, S, D = Target with an Move
F = Use move if holding down A, W, S, or D
1, 2, 3, 4 = Switch team members
Esc = Open up main menu
Enter = Read signs, pick up items, or select an item when in a menu
Backspace = Cancel when in a menu

[shout]Accounts stuff
Due to the nature of this update, accounts currently in PMU will have to be wiped. However, you can still be compensated if you recreate your account with the same account name, password, and character name.[/shout]

Woooohooo downloads :3

Edit: [sub]First post :3[/sub]

YAY logs in after installation :D

EDIT: no offense PMU7 sucks

thanks so much. currently installing and cant wait to start playing.

does that mean we get out items or pokes or both back?

[quote=“aclgrafix”]

does that mean we get out items or pokes or both back?[/quote]
If you had a team, you will be given your team back.

You will also receive some explorer points, so… in other words, everyone gets a fresh start, I believe.

w00t PMU IS OUT!!!

PMU7 sucks. Epic lag, keeps crashing, we all have to restart accounts, and I can’t even get into the game. :x :evil: :x

It’ll be buggy this week, but that’s because it’s new. We’ll have the errors fixed asap.

help wen i try to creat my charater and uses eeveechu it says its used plz help :cry:

Uber Fail!! I can’t even download the game. I always get a error that looks like a page full of code. And it doesn’t help that I have dial up so the download takes forever to be shot down by an error. (I’ve done this 3 times now) And the restart acc may not affect me much but what about all the veterans? They’re going to be mad and quit. You need to either give them back their pokes and items or your going to lose players. If I don’t find a way to download this game I’m giving up too.

Logan6, I had the same error… I fixed it.

For all people who had an error, just like a few other people:

Go here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta … laylang=en
Download that, it’s the newest NET Framework, wich you need to install PMU7
Easily click on ‘download’
Then Run it…
Install it, when it’s installed, just start the PMU7 installer again, and then it should work.
There you all go ^

Oh, bugger. I get the blue screen of death the day before release. >> Atleast by the time it’s fixed, so should some glitches. I’m looking forward to it! :3

I can’t seem to get on for some reason. When I select my character it stays on “Logging in…”.

Edit Never mind my character was bugged so I had to deleted it and remake it.

This is so buggy… If I open options I can’t close it. T_T

Guess we should wait a couple of days till we can play again.

you lucky at least you can download it i get an error because of the stupid music files >.>

But seriously guys, PMU7 doesn’t suck. If you’re getting weird errors, it’s a problem on your computers end. Don’t blame the game, and certainly don’t whine and say it sucks after all the time the staff spent on it.

i got no error nothing…

how it can i got lucky the first time!

Meh. My new problem is that whenever using the PMU application, I get an error saying “Logic has stopped working.” Is PMU7 compatable with Windows Vista?

I was going fine until I got to the PMD2 music file… took an hour and a half to download, then this error popped up when it tried to install (blanked out my name in the image):
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn31 … lerror.jpg
I’ve done it twice now, same problem each time. I’m no computer expert so I have no clue how to fix it. Any tips?