Creating a Solid Team (For PMU7)

So Dandy, what made you want to write this?
Some people like to just train their pokemon until they get bored and that’s what level they’re at.
They train one pokemon wayyy higher than the rest, and when they’re defeated in a dungeon, they’re confused as to why their team perished.

How can I avoid that happening to me?
An ideal solution to this, is to, not rush, but get a roughly equally levelled team together.
Don’t just rely on your one pokemon.
So your Team will be made up of Three or Four Pokemon.

Ideally, Your pokemon need HM’s to be spread between them, OR you can pile them all onto one pokemon.
That decision is your choice, but the HM’s aren’t strong moves, so having them on one may make that pokemon fairly weak when attacking.

So, What Team should I have?

• -Ideally, your first pokemon needs to be the one with the most HP, As it’s your leader pokemon, if it is defeated, you respawn at the crossroads or wherever your respawn point is. Not Putting HM’s on this pokemon will be ideal as this will be your “last resort” pokemon, and if it’s damaged when your other pokemon are defeated, it will be weak and easier to defeat if it’s attacking during using a HM.
    -Your second Pokemon, should ideally be Flying type, to go over Lava/Water any obstacles that could be in your way. Otherwise, A water type would be ideal since most dungeons have at least a small patch of water for a shortcut.
    This will make your trip through dungeons shorter, or it can make training easier, as you can train without taking much damage from afar.
    -Your Third and Fourth pokemon, can be whatever. Perhaps your favorite pokemon, perhaps fairly strong pokemon.
    Make sure they have a good amount of attacks, and hopefully, one strong attack at the very least.

Remember to spread your available HM’s throughout your team.

So, How Many Pokemon should I have?
A Fourth Pokemon in your team isn’t really required, if you’re a collector, Three pokemon may be ideal so you have an empty slot for recruiting.
A Secondary team in your Chimecho Assembly may be ideal as you can switch pokemon in and out of your team dependant on the dungeon you wish to conquer.

Okay, I have my team, Now, how do you suggest I train?
When Training, Try to keep your pokemon around the same level, start by getting all of your team to level 10, and once your team is level 10, move around 5 levels at a time training them. As you get to around level 40, start going 2 levels at a time, and beyond level 50, perhaps only 1 level at a time.
Also, when training, don’t attempt to train on something that is too strong for you to defeat. You need to be able to last five levels training. Dungeon Requirements will vary.
Your Decision on where you should train, should be based on type, level and ease of access.
If, for example, you were training a Torchic, you may want to consider training in Sour Root, for the type advantage.
You may also want to avoid places such as Marrowak Dojo, as the Arons and Lairons could cause strong amounts of damage to you.
Take these Factors into consideration.
Make sure to stock up on Oran Berries, Apples and Leppa Berries.
You Don’t want to run out of belly or PP, and you CERTAINLY don’t want to run out of HP.

Okay Cool! What if I need any more help from you?
Just post here, or ask me in game, i’ll be around if you need help.
Otherwise, I will make it clear that I won’t be around.