Minor Rollback

I do apologize for the amount of downtime and the server having to be turned back around a week. A couple days ago a virus was triggered and just when the anti virus was about to delete the scum it rebooted all of a sudden. Once it restarted the anti-virus(Kaspersky) wasn’t launching and not only that but system restore seem to do the same. I had no option but dispose of it myself. The first day I tried various of trusted scans [bitdefender,malware remover adware ect;] and it seems like this did not do me any good on finding a solution since none of them seem to pick up the block(I assumed they where being blocked as well). Also tried reinstalling the server, but whatever was blocking was also preventing any new programs being registered correctly. After that I had to attend a family get together out of town so that delayed me two days. Getting back, I noticed that Firefox was crashing a lot more now so it made it rather annoying searching around for an answer. I was rather frustrated that the website was down too so I had to delay more time to find out what’s screwed up there as well, good thing the solution was just required me to send a support ticket. Finally I found something in the the my anti-virus’s support forums. I followed a series of instructions and got a few tools. I finally was able to disable the blocks since I was able to run the anti virus again. I started a full scan and I had to reinstall the anti-virus again(which felt like the 100th time XP) this time so interruptions from the malware. then I ran a full scan again without interruption and the two viruses and bundle of trojans were disposed of finally. I took look around and I found a couple of folders missing on the server and my desktop. I tried restoring them through restore pont but it seems they were deleted beyond recovery. So I pretty much lost months work of graphics for pmu and a few other files and more than half the server folder content was missing. Luckily for the server I had backups in my usb and the latest one was from a week ago before the attack.
Still pretty bummed on loosing vital graphic files, I guess it was better than having a formatted computer.

I would of post sooner but I’m rather exhausted from staying up many hours trying to kill something with almost nothing to support you with. So I’ll be finally get some sort of rest without worry.

its okay flare :] when the rewritten server is done and installed we wont have downtime :] for a whillleee except updates :] so dont feel bad or anything it happens. i hope that you got it out by now and when firefox crashes just use internet explorer that helps a lot ^_^

im having major errors i can only walk 2 steps them pmu shuts down i get like 50 errors

p.s can u fix the file not found error plz so i can play

Ahhh, wow, that royally sucks… did you ever figure out what the virus was?

It sounds like it might have been a variant of the Conficker virus… but I doubt it. Who knows. It happens, I had to get rid of several trojans recently that I was unaware of, so don’t worry. =)

this is quite a serious thing here guys! :lol: i think flare that you should take a break from pmu for a bit! u r putting alot of effort in it lol! :mrgreen:

Wow no wonder It was down for awhile. Glad to see you got rid of it :3

Hopefully we won’t have these kind of problems with the new server, but glad to see everything is ok. And thanks for keeping us updated. ^-^