Expectations of our PMU Staff

Alternatively titled: “Staff: A rough outline of what we can and can’t do”

The goal of this thread is not only to address some of the concerns of what we actually can do for you, the players, but to also to educate both myself, you, the players, and the rest of the PMU staff on what probably is expected of all of us. I however wish to note that what will be said in this post is at best guidelines for an ideal functioning community. Now that’s settled… let’s get started:

Moderators are expected to…

1. To uphold the rules and ToS of PMU. (Not sure of what those rules are? Read them carefully here. )

I wish to note that in many cases, moderators are allowed to act on these rules as they see fit. HOWEVER, more often than not, they need good, solid evidence of a said action or breach of the rules in order to carry out an action in the best way possible. If for any reason you feel a moderator (or any staff), is breaching these rules themselves, then you have every reason to post about it in the Moderator Misconduct thread, but if you intend to do so, make sure you have GOOD, SOLID EVIDENCE for it (Screenshots, chat logs, multiple witness accounts, ect.).

2. To assist the community in times of need

This means helping to address player concerns when they arise, such as: issues with the game or server itself, player conflicts and quarrels, preventing cyberbullying, and clarifying issues or announcements about PMU.
Moderators SHOULD NOT BE expected to replace stolen items or punish thiefs without GOOD, SOLID evidence, shut up annoying or “n00by” players who has not broken any of the rules, take actions of revenge against another player at another player’s request, among other similar things (which, quite frankly… I’m out of examples at the moment to make examples of).

1. To get a hold of the right people so they can get an issue resolved quickly and without incident

This means trying to get a hold of one of the mappers, devs, or admin if something amiss happens to the game, server, or a situation which a moderator(s) cannot solve on their own.

Moderators CANNOT and WILL NOT warp you to where you want, replace your items, or out-rightly ban
Moderators CAN mute, kick, permamute, jail, and tip their hat as you pass by.

======================================================================
Storywriters are expected to:

1. Write and implement a plot and dialog for PMU
    (Honestly… I’m not sure what more there is to say on that)

Storywriters are NOT moderators (except when they are), and should not be expected to take action in any other area (but they can if they want to).

Mappers are expected to:

1. Take on the roles of a Moderator and handle the more extreme cases (such as banning repeat or serious offenders).

2. Map particular maps and dungeons at the request of Admin level staff (in fact, this takes precedence over their other duties)

Mappers WILL NOT warp you to where you want, replace your lost items, or make specific changes to a map on the whim of players or give players access to something they normally would not have access to.
MAPPERS CAN map, jail, ban, mute, permamute, and kick.

=====================================================================
Developers are expected to:

1. Take on the roles of Moderator and Mapper (though expected to a lesser degree)

2. Add features into the game (items, pokemon, NPCs, ect), at the request of Admin level staff

3. Fix in game bugs

Developers WILL NOT warp you to where you want, replace your lost items, or make specific changes to the game on the whim of players.
Developers CAN map, jail, ban, mute, permamute, and kick.

====================================================================
Scripters are expected to:

1. Take on the roles of all previously mentioned positions (with priority to their own work)

2. Add and fix features of the game and client itself

3. Fix bugs in general

Scripters WILL NOT warp you to where you want, replace your lost items without solid evidence, or make specific changes to the game/client/server on the whim of players.
Scripters are only limited by their own coding skills. They are almost master’s of the universe, save for the admin… cept that all our scripters are admin.

======
Admin are expected to

1. Take on all roles including their own.

2. Made executive decisions on the direction of the game and things that should be implemented into it after deliberations with other staff for other opinions

3. Protect the best interests for PMU

4. Keep a connection and address the PMU community’s concerns

5. Judge any players/staff that wish to rise to a higher rank and facilitate that

Admins WILL NOT warp you to where you want, replace your lost items without solid evidence, make specific changes to the game/client/server/website on the whim of players without solid evidence/reason to do so, and will not rise players to staff status on whim.
Admins can do everything… more or less.

===============================================================
Players are expected to:

1. Have fun, participate in, and promote/improve the community in whatever way they see fit

2. Abide by the rules and ToS of PMU on PMU and PMU related sites

3. Report any breaches in the rules of other players or staff in the “report user” section of the forums AND/OR report it to the admin directly

Players CANNOT Mute, Ban, Kick, Permamute, Map outside their houses, or jail.
Players CAN have fun, help one another, and improve their skills in whatever way they see fit.

Wow…that was extremely fast!
And it is very helpful in outlining the exact rules.

(lol I love all your little jokes in there)

Wait a second! I CAN have fun!? When did that happen? lol

Players may have fun. Staff may not. Bwahaha.

Good job on this Chaotix, it’ll really help explain to people who don’t understand the staff roles. Next time I see someone ask me a question on my role, I’ll refer them to here.

Meh, I thought the positions were already self explanatory… But I guess this would easily remove any confusion that players would have as to what the staff actually do, and what it is we are “Allowed” to do.

Well done, Chaotix… You, my good sir, are a gentleman, and a scholar…

Storywriters are expected to:

1. Write and implement a plot and dialog for PMU
    (Honestly… I’m not sure what more there is to say on that)

Classic ~

Hm and yeah - you and your guides, Chaotix. X3 Good as always. Maybe now people won’t swarm to me with questions of lost items/accounts, and that. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if some still did.

I give this guide 11/10, with one extra because I lol’d at the storywriter thing.

Charticuno wrote:
I CAN have fun!? When did that happen? lol

Lol just what Char said. We can have fun? i thought we were supposed to be all solid soldiers and keep PMU safe with all sober faces >:D
It’s only staff who don’t have fun? Aww I really don’t wanna have fun either (Just kidding)!

Really Wise xD

This is excellent for players who are looking to apply for a staff position. :3 Nice and clear, Chaotix.

-Chalky