With the Monthly Payment of $20!

Thanks to a donation from a generous soul we’ve set up on an actual server!
You know what that means? No Lag monsters, no long server downtime, more player maximum! Probably some other awesome stuff!

But, epic servers come at a price, and it’s a twenty dollars monthly. It’s be nice if you guys would pitch in. Hopefully we can sustain the amount for the upcoming months. If not we could always go back to the old one.

As for donation rewards, we are open for suggestions for options~
Just nothing that with give the game an unfair aspect.

Then again, knowing that you are helping out the community is rewarding as well.

No money or lack of paypal?
We could always use more players! ;D

[[img]http://pmuniverse.net/images/pmuadbanner.png[/img]](http://www.pmuniverse.net)

an option you can do to make money would be like making a live marathon on catching all pokemon in pokemon black/white (just an example). just like how the speedgamers made thousands just for catching 1st and 2nd generation pokemon (bulbasaur - celebi). something like that can advertise and make great money. bottom line, make some type of event to make cash if you dont get it ._.

I suggest some in-game reward, such as money. Not too much, though; otherwise it would make donate option too popular, and… 2012 will come

._. its on 100%

The way Primal Carnage did this may be an idea. Over there, donators to the project got access to a donator only section of the forum. In there the devs posted quite regular updates on the progress of the models and such, earlier thsn the rest of the world was told (if they were, some screenies are still donator only).
Might not work quite as well here, but implementing something simmilar, ie, show the donators some plans you have for the future, could work, perhaps alongside other ‘perks’.

Heheh… donators at another site I’ve been on… had access to another forum section as well as a VIP chat.
Although, I think an in game reward may be more valuable.
Just throwing in ideas~

To tell the truth, I don’t think an in-game reward would be more valuable. Because there may be people out there who only stay on the Forums,Chat,PO,etc. and don’t play the actual game. I think we could raise money by doing a Staff run through of 2 Pokemon games kinda like Starmario said, e.g: Pokemon Crystal, and Pokemon Platinum. They can be whatever 2 games they want to play as long as it is not a you-know-what. How would that make money? People would pay money to see who gets completed first, who catches the most pokemon, etc. I hope you take this into consideration.

YAY! An actual server :D
This is going to be so awesome!!!

Maybe a fundraiser or something? Also if we added ads to PMU forums, would we get money for that?

I think the forum idea might work. Or maybe…maybe the color of your name would change in-game if you donated, but you wouldn’t get any other perks like the staff do. Possibly you could get a new pokemon, access to a donator’s only dungeon, or…while I’m at it, I’ll also suggest that if one donates, they can make a team?

People, don’t forget that

Chipped in 10 USD, … The little amount that was left in my paypal account.

sorry guys. i cant donate. cuz my parents say no and besides…i dont think i have a paypal account or…something like that…again real sorry

Seems like a good idea, but the only thing I’m worried about would be that the game might be shut down for giving players rewards for donating. A sort of “buying” pokemon merchandise, and since Nintendo is starting to get serious about things like this i would be a little uneasy if it were implemented. If i am correct i think pokemon battle center was shut down for something close to this.

Any advantage is a good advantage if it is used correctly.

Yeah, giving special “perks” to donaters is risky. However, the one perk that can be given is a lag-free game. And it’s not just for yourself, it’s for everyone. So, you can make everyone happy by chipping in a little :3

I feel that this is a new step into a new PMU. Too bad I can’t donate, but I swear I’d like to though. Thanks, people who payed! :)

Well, small update. Right now we have $82, which will be used strictly on paying on maintaining the server each month. That means we will have this server for at least the next 4 months!

Thanks everyone who donated!

I can’t exactly donate either… I don’t have Paypal, and I’m not sure if my parents would consent. :/

Ah…forgot about the unfair advantage and Nintendo thing. xP Wasn’t thinking about that when I posted my suggestions. Also, my friend mentioned something too.

[/quote]
Wouldn’t end any good.
Moreover, I will need $14 and a PayPal account ¬_¬

gonna pay $20(if mom has a yes) :3

members items?

Doesn’t have to PMD items either

or you could get a cool ribbon for donating :D