CyberBullying, The World's Next Controversal Issue Worldwide

I’m no moderator, but this has been a serious issue worldwide considering the fact this is an online MMO. It’s been on Tv, Advertisements,Poster’s, It’s EVERYWHERE. This may sound like it’s not a big issue but, It is. It can scar someone emotionally, Physically Harm someone and Many Many more ways. As we all may know it, most of us have been cyberbullied whether or not you know it. This may have nothing, Absolutely nothing to do with Pokemon, but this has to do with the internet which means, Including PMU. Now, I’m here to provide Some tips on how to Avoid or Prevent Cyberbulling.

Tip #1 : “Think Before you post.” Alot of times in my experience i’ve seen player’s brag or argue over Very little Things Such as Stealing items, Player Vs Player in arena, or simply insulting player’s calling them “Weak” or a “n00b”. This is one of those comments you have to watch what you say. Things like this could trigger a small quarrel or arguement which could in moments escalate. All of us, together have to watch what we say. Together, We can all make PMU a great place without barking at each other. Another thing to do is “Self control”. You need to know when to stop. People tend to fight back when the best solution is to “Walk Away or report it”. The Report user’s Section is very useful for this tip.

Tip#2 “Definition of Cyberbulling”. Cyberbullying “involves the use of information and communication technologies to support deliberate, repeated, and hostile behavior by an individual or group, that is intended to harm others. -Bill Belsey”. As the Definition say’s, it’s repeated harassment. it’s happened to everyone mostly. This is why this is so important to notice symptoms of being harassed. It could be your friend just playing around. Don’t let people take advantage of you. Don’t deny that your being cyberbullied, it you have a feeling that your being harassed by a player or any problems, take it to the Report User Section.

Last Tip: “Respect everyone, Including staff’s no matter what characteristic’s you have or age or Color/Racial/ Nationality.” Together, we could make our community a better place.

Thank you for hearing me out people.

Note If you like to post how you prevent Cyberbulling, post it here. Please keep it on topic. Any misconduct posts shall be deleted.

I approve.

…coming from the pig. :/

Yes. only we can stop this Worldwide issue. To help, pay attention to any posts on PMU or the forums that can be reported as a sign of Cyberbulling. Banner’s or Avatar’s or sig’s may be posted here regarding Cyberbulling. To become part of this group, have a banner against Cyberbulling.

My friend got Cyber Bullied alot, which drove him off the face of the earth… He is no longer with us I’m afraid :cry:
I agree… Cyber bullying is a WORLDWIDE Issue and HAS to be stopped… But alas, people apprantly find it ‘fun’ and ‘entertaining’ to bully others and to win Brownie points…

wouldnt cyber bullying be murder to a extent? anyway. cyber bullying is like a plauge. horrible and deadly. please,people who read this. dont cyber bully. its wrong and you might just end up making someone drive themselfs off the face of the earth. oh and seviper. i hope your friend may someday rest in peace…

Thank for creating this thread Lugia =) I agree with what you have said! It is important to make the players aware of the seriousness of this type of situation.

Cyberbullying is a serious problem almost anywhere on the internet.
It becomes easy to taunt/harass/troll someone here on the internet, because we do not have to take the consequences head on. We do not have to see, personally, how a person reacts to a hurtful comment or name. Or even the opposite, see the face of a person light up after reading a comforting statement.

I would just like to remind the PMU community, remember, behind that Pokemon character is a person just like you. And like every person out there, they are sensitive in their own way, please be aware of the consequences, and as Lugia said, realize what reaction any statement you write, would get.
NEVER say anything you wouldn’t say in to a person’s face; this being because, most of us are not trolls in real life… ;D

I know, I am preaching to the choir haha
Most of PMU does a great job of keeping a positive and supportive attitude toward other players. Thank You~

Yes. Char’s words makes total sense. The community of PMU is becoming bad, due to Ego’s and arrogance , just like dandy’s topic, Egotism. This subject should be exactly related to Egotism.

I agree with this…I’ll make a banner when I get back on my comp, using a 3DS atm.

But yes, it should be stopped. I find more trolls on PMU everyday, and I’m literally missing the community of PMU6 when the elites were still here due to that. Yes, the elites were bad to many people, but I prefer the community then.

If cyberbullied, I would simply brush it off and report it, to let staff handle the rest. (I seem to be able to handle insults well for some reason…) However, I do realize some people can’t brush it off without retorting back, but doing that will make it worse. Screenie and report, that is all you should do. Better, contact an available staff by PM. They will help with the problem.

Also, I think Reeses (A.k.a. Michelle/Pet) has a few anti-cyberbullying banners on her old banner thread in the Creative Section.