Our Recent Rollback: What Happened

We have recently discovered a duplicating glitch that has currently “Really” damaged the economy of this game (bad enough to make both currency and items practically worthless). From all the information we had gathered on this situation, this bug has been going around for supposedly a week (Without anyone reporting “Any” news on this glitch). We are digging around for the culprits and anyone involved in this glitch abuse.

Unfortunately, Due to the ridiculous amounts of abuse, There is a high chance that the server will be receiving a roll back in an attempt to fix all of the trouble these glitch abusers have caused to the games economy.

Pokemon Mystery Universe will be up as soon as we finish fixing and cleaning this disaster, please bare with us.

The whole staff team truly is sorry for this big mess, we are currently trying to think up a way to make it up to the players who have stayed true to the community for so long, but we hope you can cope with us until we have finished our work on the server.

Sincerely
~ The Pokemon Mystery Universe Staff Team

Aww dangit roll back…that far? Yeah I did get suspicious when someone dropped 1,000 Big Mushrooms.

D: The server getting roll backed for a week is bad…

Sadly that’s how we found out. We were told by one of the glitch abusers themselves about it going on for a week, basically they were keeping a secret and spreading the word.(which pretty much made it a roll back situation)

Will they get punished for not contacting an admin?

Players abusing a glitch for over a week, not even bothering to tell the staff, encouraging this bug to be hidden; THIS is bad. I must say I am heavily disappointed in the culprits.

I feel terrible for those who earned their items legitly for the period of time that will be rolled back, but those are the dire consequences of glitch abusing… Hopefully we’ll be able to make it up to good players.

I didn’t even notice this bug/glitch until Flare posted it on Forums O_O

Oh no!
I bought Flamethrower and a whole load of other items some time ago, not to mention I leveled up a few of my pokemon quite a lot.

Sigh Oh well…What’s happened has happened, no going back…well, unless you are the server.
(Appologies for the bad joke…long day)

Well anyone who had a clear knowledge of it. Or knew the abusers and what they were doing. Slight suspicions doesn’t count.
Sort of like a murder case, just minus the murder. o.o;’

Will we all our items in Storage :O

Me too… theres people like me who ahve no big mushrooms or ehart scales and then these people can have like 1k+ with a glitch, it can make other players who worked for them feel bad. I am actually kinda glad i train really slow… otherwise a one week rollback would effect me… i’m sorry this happened i never knew :o :( :shock:

If we do take the likely rollback route,the ones you just got around the week will go poof. Anything older than that should be there.

i taugh MagmaDweller4 was suspicous of having 20 millioon poke… thats why.

I guess those culprits wasted their time earning nothing by the time this maintenance ends. :3

I see the issue at hand, and how serious it may be, but I do ask one question.

You see, I joined along with around 6 friends of mine this week to the game, and we have made a lot of progress in game. However, I’m wondering how likely it is that we have this rollback? If we do, I’m worried that all our progress thus far will be for nothing.

If the rollback is essential, then I think my friends and I will understand. However, if its not, I’d like to ask what other methods could be taken to save the time we spent on this game in the last week. Sorry if this seems like complaining, I’m just curious on how this issue can be dealt with.

Don’t mean to “mini-Mod” but if you just started last week then the rollback may not be too bad because u were getting used to the game and maybe now you can train better now or maybe even choose a new starter (so in a way it may be good).

If we are able successfully filter out the bad accounts. There may be a way just to apply the effect on them rather than a whole.

The PMU staff are still deciding on what we are to do after just recently learning of this glitch and how people have been abusing it for the past week (Supposedly). This really seems to be the current best course to follow, but we are still thinking up possible courses. There is still the possibility of finding a much better way of dealing with this situation (Like what Flare said, but that solution could be easily stopped by those abusers who do not cooperate by coming out.), only time will tell.

Along with this, we are also trying to come up with a way we could make it up to every single player who had absolutely nothing to do with this glitch, those who have been innocent throughout this entire week.

If we are to roll back the server, it is only a small price to pay if we are to save the economy, and stop all of the people who have heavily abused this bug, as well as giving them their much needed punishment. I do hope you, as well as your friends continue to enjoy PMU no matter what decision it is we make, and I do apologies on behalf of the whole staff team for any progress any legitimate player loses in the possible upcoming decision.

~Yatterman

Don’t mean to “mini-Mod” but if you just started last week then the rollback may not be too bad because u were getting used to the game and maybe now you can train better now or maybe even choose a new starter (so in a way it may be good).[/quote]

I see what your saying, and how it could be a good thing. However, my friends and I have already gotten many of the major early game dungeons (I can’t name them off the top of my head, but we’ve gotten Cut, Surf, and Rock Smash in a week.) Most of my friends including myself are almost at the 3rd evolution state for our starters, and have other Pokemon near the same lvl in our parties (For example I have a Prinplup, Frosslass, and almost Electabuzz). I understand where your coming from, and if it comes to a rollback, I may go with another starter. However, I’m just a little disappointed due to how I may of spent all this week for nothing.

I’d like to thank Flare and Yatterman for responding so quickly. I’m happy to know that other measures are being taken before hand instead of a week rollback as a first course of action. If this rollback happens, I think I’d still be playing it with my friends, seeing as my friends and I enjoy the game. Thank you again for answering so quickly.

Hmm, this is truly, a really sad news.

My thoughts on this would be to just make some sort of script to view all inventories/storages for each player. Anything too suspicious could obviously be approached… that is pretty much all.