~ What Is PMU Podcast? ~

Hello,
I’m IllusDark8, the main host of PMU Podcast 2012. The topic you are reading will further more explain the PMU Podcast and it’s components. The reason why this topic was made was to inform everyone about the Podcast and allow them to understand the true meaning of the PMU Podcast.

History
PMU Podcast was started back in 2009 by Kronic, and was the first time PMU had a Podcast. Eventully, after a few months the Podcast ended. In late 2010, Flare continued on the PMU Podcast however it only lasted only for a few months and slowly faded. In early, 2012. IllusDark8 (myself) began to reboot the PMU Podcast. He hold the longest duration for PMU’s Podcasts.

What Is A Podcast?
To simplify, a Podcast is a mix of two words, “iPod” and “Broadcast”. You see, a Podcast is a webcast or a Talk Show and is meant to be played on a portable device such as iPods, Podcasts can be found on iTunes. Broadcast can mean going live or doing it. Sometimes, Podcasts are done in a Talk Show/Radio Format. To put it short, A Podcast is a form of communication via the web in the form of audio and or video that is meant to be downloaded via PC, or Portable Device.

How PMU Podcast 2012 works?
PMU Podcast is an hour long Podcast that happens usually every Monday at 3:30 PM PST. However, now that it’s summer the Podcast starts around 11:00 AM PST. There are many hosts and or guests. The main concept of PMU Podcast is to provide discussion, news, rumors revolving around PMU and Nintendo and of course fan made and or music from Nintendo Games. Somtimes, PMU Podcast is themed and most of the discussion and music are based around that theme of which the Podcast has chosen. PMU Podcast is broadcasted on Restoring Hatena Radio and can be found here. The series plans to do 4 seasons and a total of around 50+ Episodes. Guest can enter and be on the Podcast via Skype.

Important Terms
The folks of PMU Podcast use important terms and or sayings that are very important to know whether your listening and or on the show.

Host - The Person Who Runs To Show, Can Control Discussion and Music Flow.

Guests - People who are there to enjoy themselves, they can join in the discussion.

“We Are Live” - We are broadcasting!

Playlist - A Set of Music

Segment - A Period In Which A Certain Topic Is Discussed

Musical Break - A Period In Which Music Is Played

Talk Bed/Music Bed - Music that plays behind the speaking.

Radio Nintendo and PMU
IllusDark8 (Myself) comes from Radio Nintendo. I hold permission to play music from Nintendo. Xii Networks and Radio Nintendo help with music.

Contact
Wanna Contact The PMU Podcast team? You emeil us at pmupodcast2012@hotmail.com.

There you have it! Now You Know What A PMU Podcast Is, so now go have yourself a good time. Don’t forget to tune in or download the other Podcasts here.
~IllusDark8

UPDATED: July 20th, 2012 @ 3:51 PM PST