Time for a change people...

Hmm, yes… it’s far to long since this was needed. I haven’t been exactly the best friend to staff… heck… im sure i have caused more then my fair share of problems for them, but it’s enough, Things have gone on to long and it needs to change.

We as the public… the players of pmu… we go against the staff far to much, we talk down… we disagree… we fight some choices… and what it gotten us? Nothing… nothing but people leaving, fighting more… Do we really want that? We want to stress out the staff even more? We cause them more then enough problems… enough greif, it’s time that support was shown… it’s time we let them know we aren’t complete… insert proper word here … They take time out of THEIR lives to help this game, if the staff leaves… then the game is dead. (not saying they are leaving… it’s a IF statment, not a this is what is happening one)

So what they can’t work on it 24/7 … They do what they can, they aren’t perfect. but no one is… they deserve much more respect then what is given to them. If one bad thing happens… people blame the staff… if it’s not fun… people whine and complain at them nonstop… you wonder why they seem anti social? Well im very sure i can point out the reason.

No anwser to you… the players… is good enough. Enough is enough, Things need to change, show them some support… stop trying to force your wills into things, cause your not going to win, it’s just going to drive a even bigger wedge into the current staff/player base.

Heh… it’s funny… i never thought i would be the one to post something like this… amasing how much i changed… but i have… i support what the staff tries… what they try to do for everyone… that they give out of their own lives to make a game… something for all of us to play… something that we all do play. Is it really worth it to complain all the time… to try and fix things and make them worse for yourself? for your friends?

Sry if this is very out of place… but i don’t know where else to say or put it… If anyone wishes to comment feel free, if it doesn’t end up locked.

Ahh, someone finally sees the truth…

Finally…someone actually understands, althought the part where we “ignore” people cause their annoying isn’t all that true, it’s mostly because we are busy or just away…most of us leave pmu on even though we aren’t there…

Anyway thank you kiyora for posting this, hopefully other members read it and start to understand a little more…and hopefuly stop complaining… ._.
at least a little bit…=P

Thanks for understanding, Kiyora.

And just like terra said, we don’t ignore players on purpose… Every staff member works hard so other people can enjoy PMU, it can be hard work and it is allot harder when we get so much hate for what we do…

No appreciation for the work we take out of our time to let other people have fun can hurt, getting bad mouthed for the days staff members have put into the game…

But what else can i say… I’m just glad you see how hard we work on PMU.

Thank you Kiyora ;)

Just from this, I will not badmouth any staff. People these days don’t care for common courtesy anymore. I hope that all changes in the future. This might change some perspective on some players, and that’ll lead to a better community. Good job. :D

It’s good to see you come around. During this time we need as much support from the community as we can get. Knowing that you are supporting us, after being one of the most outspoken against our actions, it’s good to see that you put faith into us.

As has been said before, we staff do work hard and we do our best with what we have, including resources and time. We are human, and no human is perfect. You have to excuse us if we do something you don’t like, but it is impossible to do something everyone is going to like all the time.

It’s just been far more then enough in my opinion… the players don’t show support… and it needs to change. I was rather against staff it is true… but… i have changed on what i think on the matter.

agreed, nice to c u come around kiorya, even tho i r like middle man(i support staff) and ppl just fight like two rabid dogs fighting over the tastiest peice of big meat ever, an army, with one dog, silently watching people, fight being alone, with not much ppl to understand

the thing is (although no one admits it) the players need the staff as much as the staff need the players. You staff are doing a great job and i respect all of you, but just as the staff are all human the players are too. You need to remember that not only does the staff feelings get hurt sometimes when we talk down at them. The staff needs to realize that somethings they do, do effect the players in a major way. I mean think about this if a person trains a pokemon for a long time days after days and then the prized move gets nerfed or worse then the player also gets mad.

Staff although you talk on how you put in a lot of effort into this game so do the players. We feel as much pain as you feel, I know everyone is going to turn on me now and i am going to look like “that guy” but it needs to be said. I am not saying the staff are horrible, i do think we should treat them with respect but for this to be a successfull game the staff need to respect the players, respect the laws, respect the game. You staff have to remember that this game is an outlet for some people. When something goes bad at home or at the real life the players come here to talk. Just remember this. This game is not a project, nor a science thing you show at show-and-tell this has become a second life for some people. This game needs to be a demoracy, or the PMU grave yard will need its own server.

So after i said all that i have 2 more things to say 1st don’t attack me plz :? and 2nd yea we need a change…but in more ways them what kiyora said.

Alex you truly wish to drag out your argument with us. You see. Our job is to adjust the game. To make it more challenging or less challenging where it seems to be needed. Our job is to create content that the players can experience and enjoy. The graveyard is not a momentum to players leaving because of us. It is a monument to the players of a generation that has found it’s end. This is in fact a project. We work hard and long for the joy of the players. We do our best to please them when things need adjusting, and must take into fact, that many of our decisions will not be liked by all players.

Some items need nerfed. Some moves need weakened so that they are not taken advantage of. That is the way things are. As time continues we take the anarchy that was “Stone-Age” PMU and turn it into a more official, civilized game. And many players would prefer the days when they could do as they wish when they wished. Those days, I am sad to some of you, must come to an end at one point. We must proceed to evolve for the sake of the game.

You must take note that this is a game. If your feelings are hurt because of moves or items weakened for the sake of this evolution, then you are taking things too seriously. We cannot please everyone, and everyone will never be pleased at the same time. Some of our decisions will be liked by the majority, but I am sure most will be of a mixed feeling.

This is what you must take into mind. We are a team working to improve the game, not regress it. We cannot make everyone happy, and some of our decisions will make no one happy from time to time. We have to take feedback, not all of it constructive, for our actions, and adjust them to better later on times.

Now if you wish to know something. We do respect the players. Show me a law we don’t respect, and I am certain there is something there wrong. And we built the game, some of us less then others, but it is our shining pride and joy, of course we respect it. All games have goings-on in secret. And you can’t point at us and tell us to make this a democracy. Just like every other game we will make decisions that the players have no power to stop.

Thank you,

~Jinx
Administrative Rank, Mapper

Thank you for posting this Kiyora. I know I’m not staff on PMU, but I know what it is like being staff, and I know it can be very special. I hope people see what’s wrong with their actions and change.

As Jinx said Alex the staff make the game better, we don’t have proffesionals working on it so we are bound to have some errors, either live with it or go play a more “sophisticated” game

Thank you for the blunt summary Sorak.