Move Tutors Guide

Move Tutor.
“Shards, do they mean anything?”

What are shards?
Shards are usually available in trainer games. In trainer games you have to give them to a person, in return he/she teaches your pokemon some moves that cannot be learnt naturally (in most cases). Shards were introduced after the third generation. PMU has implemented shards in the PMD game, where you have to trade them to a Bronzong, and in return he teaches a move. It’s recommended to delete a move first, since one of the two existing glitches can Occur. First, you can disconnect, thus loosing the shard, and secondly, the Bronzong can ‘eat’ your shard, this glitch is sometimes inevitable, it has been reported and currently being fixed, or rather ‘brainwashed’. Bulbapedia, the Pokemon encyclopedia describes shards in the following manner:

A shard is a colored fragment of an ancient tool that was introduced in Generation III. While they have no use on their own, several NPCs apparently have some use for them, and will trade other items or services for these objects.

How do I get a shard?

Shards are generally very easy to farm, however for a person who has never seen them before, it can be more than just an obstacle. Shards looks like square colored bits and fragments, broken off. Some dungeons are known as ‘shard farms’ since it’s easy to find shards there. Skylift, Tanren Chambers and Mount Barricade are a few dungeons where it is easy to find shards. Though, in TC, shards are mostly invisible, or can only be seen after a pokemon, which had picked it up, has been defeated and dropped its held remains. On an average you can get 7-10 shards per TC run, and 4-5 per Skylift or Barricade run (Skylift offers a bit more) Regarding the rarity of shards, Sprinko has been reported to have said something more or less:

Shards lie somewhere between heartscales and Mushrooms~

A Shard Chart

This may not be in accordance to PMU’s shards, but it can still help, if you play trainer games that is.

Do Colors mean anything?

Colors? Yes colors are everything when it comes to shards. There are four types of shards. Red, Yellow, Green and Blue, all named according to their colors. If you want a physical move, a red shard’s to do your job. A special attack? Blue shards come in handy here. For Stats moves, green shards are best. Yellow; they are random, yes they can substitute any other shard, can be handy if you can’t find a particular shard or, don’t know what’s best. This is what a shard in PMU may look like.

Gettin" down to Earth

Even if you do have a shard, you still need to pass some requirements to proceed. You have to pass Tanren Tunnel, since the move tutor is only available in Tanren (right, now) So, you basically have to reach tanren first. Now, a basic example on how exactly should we use a shard. Step by step.

1. Take Fly, reach Tanren
  2. Head towards the bottom of the hill, from where you came (that is if you took fly, as recommended)
  3. There should be a tent, very unnoticeable.
  4. Go inside the tent.
  5. First check if the Bronzong isn"t blocked for fixing.
  6. Now, delete the move that you want to remove
  7. Carefully wait, no spamming enter, that makes things worse.

Now, you finally have your move! If you didn’t (Yes, you almost never get the move in the first try, it takes a couple of shards to get the desired move) Another tip, if you want two moves, instead of one. For example, if I want a special and a physical move, instead of wasting two shards, best use one, the yellow, since most pokemon don’t learn many status moves, so yellow’s always a good choice at such times; experience tells.

Pictorial Data

Credits

Bulbapedia, for the reference
Eveelover, at skype
All of you, for reading.

You forgot Yellow shards.

Yes I know. I haven’t figured a purpose for them yet. Exponential.
Instead of complaining about it, you can put in a little effort of your own.

Well, this is what i think about it.

Yellow shards: Anything.

I suppose so…

Nice… That helps alot…
think of it …
Would u give me 2-3 Red shards :D :D

Thankyou.

Nice guide~ atleast now we know wat shard to use ^w^

uhm, that yellow thing. yeah. yellow is actually free for all, you get a random move from all of the move tutor possibilities for that poke. it’s pretty much an everything randomizer. staff said so emselves.

Okay.
EDIT: Yellow is a random move, which can be any one of the mentioned above.

erm the blue shard let my infenape learn gunk shot which is a physical move…i think u should remake tis guide…
[answer]Might be a glitch, I will look into it, it may be set to special or something. -Kirk[/answer]

You could perhaps improve the presentation of this short guide, IE: you could use the shard pictures from Bulbapedia, you could show a screenshot of who to take them to.

You should probably edit that into the actual guide itself and not a comment on it.

The guide has been updated, on insistence of Dels and Kirk. Future updates will include 'How to get to the move tutor" and ‘Tanren Tunnel’. The first part will explain how to reach the extremely unnoticeable tent, and the latter shall ellaborate on Tanren Tunnel (It being a requirement of reaching Tanren; the move tutor) Feedback, please?

You said in the guide that there are ‘several NPCs’ that will other services.

What do you mean by ‘several’? I only know of one, the Move Tutor

If it’s the quote you’re talkin’ about, it’s mentioned it’s reference from Bulbapedia; trainer games (for those who play trainer games i.e me) And if it’s the Tanren thing. Several NPC’s can provide move exchanging facilities; Loomy and Electiwire etc.