= Music Discussion Thread =

I wonder if this thread will even work? Whatever, let"s try it anyway.

Anyway, (ahem).

I decided to make this topic, because I think we need more active topics in this section. Everyone I know, including myself, have always said that “music is their life”. I can certainly see how it is true, seeing as music is a unique and wonderful form of art, am I wrong? Anyway, here"s a test drive at a thread I feel PMU can benefit from.

Just really talk anything music. Talk about new releases, favorite bands, songs, artists, etc. I don"t really care what you guys discuss as long as it"s not offensive, inappropriate, or you know what, no infringing the rules of PMU, "kay? Just have fun and talk about all things music related, perhaps you guys can totally get to know people who like the same bands as you, especially if you are some newcomer or whatever. I most certainly know that music can “break the ice” between strangers.

If ya"ll ever need a topic try something like:

• What is your favorite band(s)?
  • What is your favorite artist(s)?
  • What is your favorite song(s)?
  • Do you like “Game Music”? What songs?
  • Do you like foreign music?
  • Hey, did you hear about the new released by ____ it"s called, “___”…
  • Wow, guys, check out this new song!! (Feel free to post, if isn"t anything considered “bad” by PMU Rules.)
  • Worst song ever? Best?
  • What is the first song you ever liked / heard?

…And so on. You guys can really discuss anything “music related” here, that"s the point of the topic, duh.

Well, that about covers it. Have fun! Tschuss!

~ Cynder

My favourite bands would have to be Sum 41 and Linkin Park. I don’t know what it is about those guys, but they sure can make music.
Favourite song would have to be… Still Waiting - Sum 41. For now.
Favourite genre is Rock. Not much to say here, just… Rock.
My least favourite song would be… Well, I don’t know. There’re a lot of bad songs out there. I hate songs that are all just screamo and nothing more. Well, that’s about all I have to say for now.~

Still Waiting by Sum 41 was the song that got me into them. <3~

Recently, Dausk got me into Thousand Foot Krutch! Good band.

Mmm. I listen to a variety, really.
I mostly stick around alternative/indie and classic rock. I listen to J-Pop too every once in awhile. My current obsession is probably Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros. o3o;; Maybe Operation Ivy and a dash of Coldplay. A bit of Kanzentaicell too. I could list and list bands, but too lazy. haha;;;

~ Some other bands though ~

• White Rabbits
  • Tallest Man on Earth
  • Sleighbells
  • Dark Dark Dark
  • Wilco
  • Joanna Newsom
  • Branches
  • Local Natives
  • Lana Del Rey
  • Black Keys
  • FM Static
  • Nickelback
  • Missing Andy
  • Janis Joplin ofc
  • Beatles ofc
  • 'Stones ofc
  • Queen ofc
  • Rebecca Black. Don’t know if you heard of her. She’s made this really awesome song called " Friday ". It’s truly a masterpiece. The way she words things makes me wanna cry of happiness. I mean, who knew Thursday was before Friday?!
  • Justin Bieber. him too. he’s a musical genius

too lazy to list anymore stuff. i could list j-pop too but i dunno if a lot of people listen to utaites o-o;;

I ramble a lot. Don’t mind me at all.

I use to listen to Sum 41 all the time. I never really got into Linkin Park for some reason. o_o;;

You monster!! I don"t see One Direction listed. How could you?

Aside from my crude humor, I"m too lazy to list anything or discuss at the moment. So for now, I"d like to say that thanks to hearing this while playing Fantasia, I"ve become obsessed with this song and it makes me happy every time I hear it (reminds me of Fantasia, too)!

So here it is.

That"s about it for now, I guess…?

I like to listen to the Techno Remix of Linkin Park"s “Numb”. I just like it, give it a listen if you can.

…I dont know if people are going to start throwing knives, but
“Call me maybe”

Speaking of which, did you guys hear Carly’s new hit? Something involving a kiss. Gosh darn. Now she asks you to call her, then she drops her phone in the pool while having a “good time” with Owl City, and now she is trying to get you to kiss her? Silly Carly Rae.

I like instrumental music, Jazz & Blues, but I really love to listen contemporary instrumental musicians like: Hamilton de Holanda, Daniel Santiago, Hermeto Pascoal, Chico Pinheiro, and so on…