Server Down 11/24 -

As most of you may have noticed, the server is currently down for maintenance. There was a glitch that was hazardous to the game-play, which requires fixing before we will be able to re-open the game to the players.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we assure you that our programmers are working to fix this problem.

It is not certain when the server will be back online, but we appreciate your patience! We will be happy to answer any questions you may have though. The Chatango is open though, if you are looking for something to occupy your time.

are there going to be any rollbacks?

Hopefully not.

Besides that, I do hope that a Mod is on the Chatango more often besides Luli and Shockie. And that there is a warning or a link to this post, otherwise, we’re going to be flooded with “WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SERVER?!1?!”.

Actually, I pretty much disagree. The glitch isn’t that bad, all you’d need to do is close off the specified Dungeons and go work on it. I can’t see how this is that big, all it was was items, and I don’t think it’s ‘hazardous’ I would say abusable instead. I say, this gained the wrong attention. Very wrong attention. Even the others aren’t that bad, and I I don’t at all believe it can cause trouble. It’s not much a threat, but if I’m on the wrong track here, I’d like to know how it can be so-called ‘hazardous’.

So you’re saying abusing a glitch is a GOOD thing? It is one of the rules of PMU that you can’t abuse glitches.

• Do not abuse bugs and glitches to hurt other people in-game, gain unfair advantages, or lag, crash, or otherwise interfere with the game server.

The bold letters are the rule those abusers broke.
I don’t have any more need to continue further…

weren’t you just banned for bug abusing? hush up jay.
on another hand, good luck you staffly peeps, teach that glitch a lesson.

My point is it shouldn’t be taken like it’s the end of the world.

Jay, a glitch is a glitch. A glitch is always bad to begin with. o-o Also, like Lman said, your almost making this as it is a good thing, especially coming at of somebody who is banned because they were one of the glitch abusers. And I dare say, your attitude to people is very bad. ._.

Well if you’re trying to say I shouldn’t talk just because I got Banned, I decline. For one, I only did this to help others and out and make their experiences easier. I don’t really care if people think I literally did it to cause damage, but I only did it to give to those who couldn’t do what they needed to. I only used money and Heart Scales, those Heart Scales I decided to give out since those people were trying so hard for them only to fail. Anyone can really say I’m a bad guy or something, I don’t care about any of it, after all, only very few see the point. During me and Pika’s talk. I say: ‘Well we only did it to help the people who couldn’t get them.’ His response, in the process of Banning, ‘Due to abusing a glitch with the intention of disrupting gameplay of other users, you both will be given a temporary ban’. See I don’t know where that came from, but all I did with that glitch, nah I didn’t do it for unfair advantages, not for personal game, I did it to help. And I got Banned, but I know I still helped and that’s all that matters to me. I wonder why I’m bad for trying to make it fun for others, who were already getting bored and tired of everything being difficult.

No, I am not saying that you ‘shouldn’t talk’. Because all I was saying thay you needed to fix your attitude, it really is disgracefull. And - you say you were trying to help others? I don’t think Glitch Abbusing is going to get anywhere. You deserve what you deserve you know.

If you have an apparent problem with my attitude, apologies, but I can’t change that. I don’t back down until either of us has the point, you know? As long as this really stays a discussion and such, because I don’t mean any aggression right now. This might sound pretty dramatic, but. I died a hero, I died but before I died I helped who I could. Being Banned means nothing to me, though I’ll return in 1-2 months. I don’t believe that I can be around under this name anymore though, too much happened. Speaking of which I’ll just make my real introduction now.

Just my opinion, but being bored and tired of it being difficult pays off when you get the reward you are seeking. The harder you work, the quicker you’ll succeed. It isn’t helping them at all. It reduces the value of succeeding, as if you get your treasure on your own terms, rather than some person abusing a glitch and handing items out like they’re nothing, it gives you a warmer feeling inside. That is all I have to say on the matter.

Just… Shhh Jay… You aren’t making this community any better…

Jay, Can you please stop arguing in this thread.
A bug abuse is bug abuse no matter what the intention is.
It disrupts the economy.

It figures that day i picked to join the game it’s down… just my luck D:

We are extremely sorry about that…
But this is a serious matter and the server had to be closed off until the problem is fixed.
Please stick around though.

Hopefully not, but at this point in time, nothing is certain. Since the items were distributed, it makes the matter that much worse. It will be difficult to track where the items went…

I think I got a chance to talk to you on Chatango, but once again we apologize for the inconvenience, but welcome to PMU, I hope you will have some fun on the forums and Chatango until the server is back up! ^^
[hr][/hr]
@Jay
A ban is supposed to be a consequence/punishment for an action that was committed, reinforcing the fact that it is against the rules. Its supposed to allow the person breaking the rules to think upon what they did, and hopefully be reformed by the time of their return. If the person is not ready by that point, their ban might be extended, made indefinite, or an alternate form of punishment might be used.

As for why glitch abusing is bad, there are a couple big reasons. It doesn’t matter what one’s intentions behind it were, glitch abusing is against the rules and is a bannable offense.

[ul][li]Glitch abusing break the economy. Handing out money and other items, will depreciate the value of everything. Things will cost more and things won’t be as rare anymore. [/li] One may believe that they are doing someone a favor by handing them 500k, but in reality, they won’t think of money as very important anymore. As for others, it is unfair for them.
[li]It makes the game’s goals less interesting.[/li]People work for items, people work for money. If they are just handed money/items, especially in PMU, they wont have that as a goal anymore. Making the game more boring.[/ul]

There are of course more reasons, but that’s what I have off the top of my head.
[hr][/hr]
Anyways, this is a topic concerning the server being offline. Offtopic posts will likely be deleted, I just wanted that to be read by anyone who may have thought Glitch Abusing was okay.
If you have offtopic questions concerning the glitch, feel free to pm me or another staff member.

In case there is a rollback,is there anyway to just roll back jay and the others or simply make everyone’s heart scales disappear?

This will require everyone to be honest and cooperate with the Staff Team. If not, we might be having a Rollback. I doubt it, though.

What’s happened has happened, just gotta live with it. If the staff want I can try and help find people who got glitched stuff. :)