Dubs

Sorry if I titled it wrong, but what I mean is:
If you’ve seen a TV show/movie that you may or may not like, and then see it dubbed into another language that you may or may not know, what was your experience with it? As in… Did it sound funny, was there anything about the dub that disappointed you, was it pretty normal? Did the voice actors “fit” their characters?

The one that I think of as the funniest was the Lion King dubbed into Urdu… it just… sounded funny. And it was VEEEEERYYYY surprising that the voice actors kinda fit everyone. XD;

Also, Dora the Explorer in Urdu was… weird… and it hurt my ears. I think the voices were too high pitched (Wait, aren’t they always high-pitched? :’: ), and it was more annoying than the American version. :’:

Japanese “Kirby of the Stars”.
English “Right Back at Ya, Kirby!”.

Enough said.

YOU NINJA

I saw the PMD Darkness/Time/Sky Anime in Sub first. The voice actors were great, they all fit their roles well:)

Then came the dub, which basically killed me. Chimchar and Piplup were too annoying sounding, they ruined Wigglytuff, Dusknoir was okay,

Then… Dan Green… shudders

I personally hate subs. Dubs are better.

I was watching 10th and final episode of Hellsing Ultimate and half of the ending wasn’t even subbed… .-.

I usually like dubs better if I watch them before I watch the subs:>

i hope you know that its better to watch subs.
the storyline is more clear, voices match, they sound kawaii

dubs well, they edit out things, the voices dont really fit, story line gets confusing, they skip/dont even finish some episodes. i had to wiki some to figure out the dubs.
like:
toyko mew mew -japan
mew mew power - US

i like the anime so far, i have to read comments which give me spoilers :rage: to understand dubs
i watched the sub and it makes more sense. plus the music is catchy~~ :la:

like the people in mew mew power have name changed to names that dont match ;n;
like ichgo is zoey, and its a different intro… ;n; :sob:

That’s not always true. Some dubs are just as good as the subs, and some are even better. It really depends on what company is dubbing it, though! ( Their choice of voice actors. )

Sometimes subs are better, and sometimes, they’re hilariously off. (That one episode of Black Jack, Final Episode of Mawaru Penguindrum [that one line from the pink / white haired guy whose name I forgot], and many others. Maybe Karin?) Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood both had great voice acting for the Japanese Version and the English Dubs. Not to mention, that anime is amazing. Ouran High School Host Club also had brilliant voice acting.

. . . I feel like I’m just listing a bunch of animes Vic Mignogna is in.

PS: Pretty much everything dubbed by 4Kids is terrible stuff. Watch the Japanese with subs please. For my sake, for the internet’s sake, for your sake.

Hetalia:

Sub: “DON’T EVER TRESPASS ON MY LAWN AGAIN!”
Dub: “I WILL KILL YOU, I SWEAR IT, I WILL KILL YOU TILL YOU’RE DEAD!”

Brought to you by Hetalia Switzerland.

Yeah. :U