Making friends in PMU

Hi there, I"m simply here to tell you the best way to avoid making a bad name for yourself in PMU based on experience of course, more or less how to make good friends.

The main and best way to make friends here at PMU is by being yourself, naturally you"ll attract people who can relate to you or like your attitude for what ever reason, no one likes a kiss up or someone who does a bit too much to make themselves look cool

Another way is to show some originality, frankly, I don"t like to see people trying to be other people or always trying to satisfy someone else, who says you have to be like the rest…I mean look at some of the more respected members here at PMU I guarantee you"ll find what I"m saying is true…they have something unique that sets them aside from the rest. They use this to their advantage and for the obvious reason or more or less praised by the new borns in the community, ahaha :joy:

Keep it simple, know one likes a know it all or someone with a stuck up personality…be mindful of the other members in the community and I assure that you"ll be a step closer to being realized as a role-model here in the community.
This one doesn"t seem like it can be a problem, but bullying does happen in the game…be that guy who tries to stop that, no one likes the immature troll or person who trys to belittle others for any reason thus letting the other members know just what kind of person you are

Please feel free to add your own tips to the topic or point out things here you do or do not agree with.

This didn’t help me.

Then you good sir, are a very dull individual.

I love this guide, and I wouldn’t mind talking about this in the next episode of the PMU Podcast. Now, may I add that joining the PMU Podcast is also a great way to make friends and connect with the community. The Podcast is made for the players to meet other players and talk about the game we all love, PMU (with a hint of Nintendo).
Nethertheless, this is a great guide, and feel free to give me a PM if you’d like to join the PMU Podcast.
~Illus

I find that comment rude and disrespectful.

To me, the guide is very helpful. A tip I have is to be nice, no one likes a mean/bully-ish type of person.

What a horribly ignorant and disrespectful person you are, Timaeus.

i don’t think they were actually being serious… don’t start turning this into a flame topic.
learn to take a little joke guys. i don’t see how that could be rude? maybe, it just really didn’t help the person. no need to get so negatvie! ^^;

Before a senseless flame war happens because of accusations . . .

I can’t say that this guide is totally necessary, but I do think you make a good point. Sometimes, things like these need to be said.

As for making a -good- name for yourself in PMU, I’d go by these personal rules:

• Be yourself.
Although copying is the highest form of flattery, when it comes to being yourself, it’s not always the best way to go. Don’t hide your personality. It’s what makes you, you!

• Be respectful.
If you have something to say, make sure you word it the right way! Try not to be rude, as it has bad results. Even if someone else says something disrespectful, it doesn’t mean that you should be shunning them. Rather, if necessary, report or just ignore it.

• To Say, or Not To Say.
Jumping into an ever expanding chatroom is hard. If there’s a topic you’re interested in, for a smaller community like this, by all means! Jump in! Don’t try to force humor. If you don’t have anything to say, don’t say anything.