Favorite Event? And Why?

Hello, I was just curious as to :what is your favorite weekly event, and why?
AND ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT? http://pmuniverse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10573
I thought this could be a good way to improve upon the events we already have in place.

So once you’ve voted, please let us know why it is your favorite and if you have any suggestions for other DOABLE events, please let us know! We’d love to make our weekly events more entertaining!~

P.S. Please let me know if I’ve missed any events.

For me, it was in between dodge ball and capture the flag, but I leaned towards capture the flag because you can play with friends together x3

I haven’t been able to participate in any of these Weekly Events as of yet. Might if I might know the estimated time-frame of when events occur?

Aw, the Podcast isn’t on this list. What a shame.

Oh, I’d have to say Dodgeball. I believe I have done a few times and it’s a lot of fun.

i love playing hide-n-go-seek necause i find it most fun. you get hints then run to where you think is best on the maps. this is a great game to test hiow well you know PMU. i hope tio see more of these events soon.^_^

maze races~ totalling a-MAZE-ing

but i think dungeon runs need improvement.
like a set level because newbies stand no chance so maybe have them only apples and ethers, only 1 pokemon
and a set level because racing with a lv 100 while a lv 20 is barley on the 6th floor is really unfair.

maybe staff could make a event dungeon that gives no items, pokes cant be recruited and have a set lvl.

I’d Say Dodgeball i yell at my pokemon in real life “Run Forest Run!!!” So yeah… It is funny C: so I’d pick Dodgeball!~ :D

Yeah, the list is for events that we organize weekly in game. Just something for feedback on what we should do more, develop, and a way to get ideas on new things!

The weekly events usually occur at 4pm EST on Saturdays. (We do have to postpone now and again, though)
[hr][/hr]
Thanks for the feedback so far, everyone! The results are looking a bit across the grid at the moment, hopefully with more votes it will polarize. Or it could also mean everyone loves all the events equally and we are doing a fantastic job. ;) Be sure to give written feedback if you vote though!

I would have to say Dodgeball is my favorite because it uses Pokeballs, Great Balls, Ultra Balls, and Master Balls, and its a nice fun game where you can test your dodging and running skills, like capture the flag, but with a game people enjoy. (Even though I was easiest to catch :( ) But yeah, Dodgeball is easily my favorite event.

I know it’s a silly reason, but I like the scavenger hunt the best because it’s fun to see everyone running around and looking for something, and then suddenly offering a high price for a seemingly useless item. xD;; And it’s fun to look for it yourself, too.

(…I’m correct about the definition of ‘scavenger hunt’, right? I just remember doing it at one of the weekly events, and it was pretty awesome. Sorry if I’m mistaken regarding what the ‘scavenger hunt’ is.)

By the way, I hope this isn’t too off-topic, but I really appreciate the staff members’ efforts in taking time out of their lives to do weekly events. You guys are awesome. :joy:

D’aw nobody loves quizzes except for me… :cry:
I like quizzes because in the ones I’ve been to there’s sometimes just these random questions that nobody can even imagine an answer to… :heart:

I voted for dodgeball because it helps me evade good.

Pictionary!

It helps me with my imagination, really. Though I always use the subtlest of details combined with the most obvious ones to figure out what it is.

Runner-up has to be Dodgeball. Like what Zappeh said, it tests our running skills and evasion. i was one of the last ones standing last time, haaha

Weekly… Event… :?:

Never heard of weekly events… Do staff organize them? And how do you play dodgeball? ._.

their held on Saturdays which is @ 4est

In all honesty, I dislike the weekly events.

Nobody is forcing you to participate in the weekly events. They’re for the people that want to participate in the events and have fun doing it.

If you dislike the events, I’d like you to explain why so we can improve the quality of the events for all.

Nobody is forcing you to participate in the weekly events. They’re for the people that want to participate in the events and have fun doing it.

If you dislike the events, I’d like you to explain why so we can improve the quality of the events for all.[/quote]
Well, there is a lot of lag during the events. Even when you don’t want to do the events, it’s still there due to lag being sever-wide. Now, I know there is really no way to fix that. But, due to the lag, it makes it very hard to even participate in the events, and actually win. I’ve only won ONE event, which was a maze race. In all of the others, lag or my own capabilities (I’m not very good at video games.) has prevented me from winning. It causes me to have unneeded anger from the frustration of being unable to win.
And before you say “It’s just a game!”, I’m a very moody person, with “stress issues”, as you may call it, due to current things going on in my life, and my own personality. I sometimes break out into tears if frustrated, which is why I dislike and tend to avoid participating in the events.

This is more of a selfish reason, I know. I’m not complaining. Just sharing my thoughts, is all.
Ahem, excuse me for getting off topic.

Well, the one I sort of enjoyed was Dodge-"Poke"ball. It was very exciting, I guess. It was very difficult to play.

I’m sorry if I sound self-centered in this. I’ll just shut up about it.

[hr][/hr]

Nonono, I am glad that you’ve given your opinion on the matter. It gives us perspective into why Dodgeball or Maze races are more popular. The more opinions the better, as long as you give us something to work off of and are honest, I’m happy to hear it.
[hr][/hr]

[ul]
[li]Lag - Sadly… lag is an ebil demon which I wish would just go home. (Go home lag, :mad: ) But lag is always something we are trying to work through in the game. We just try to make the best of it.[/li]
[li]Exciting - We try to make every event exciting in its own way. People have different tastes, plus we try and change things up every week, so things to don’t get (too) bland. Though I do agree, getting chased around or racing is more to my own tastes.[/ul][/li]Limitations
(a) We have a certain number of staff available at that time, which fluctuates every week. Certain events require a larger amount of the staff, team (Ex: Dodgeball).
(b) Larger events take more time, so we try to alternate those as well.
(c) Need more events to work off of.
(d) The system is still being worked on.
[hr][/hr]

Well, since I guess you’re welcoming suggestions, I’ll give one, though I think that people might disagree or it might not be possible at the moment:

I know perfectly well that staff spend time and effort to create events, but I think there should be a prize for participation, maybe 1 event token. Some events are very long, and some players try hard and demonstrate good sportsmanship, and since it’s for fun, it’s no fun losing and ending up with absolutely nothing. Maybe winners could be given more, and the prices in the event token shop could increase? It could work, like, if there are players who wholly participate and try their best and are active throughout the entire event, they could be rewarded 1 token, while the winners receive their bigger prize, though they don’t get the 1 token reward since they won. This could help make sure people aren’t just standing there and not doing anything and getting something.

Thanks for hearing my suggestion don"t hate me D: -Tsu