Weekly Events Feedback

Weekly Events Feedback
As everyone should know by now, there are weekly events held every Saturday at 4:00PM EST (unless otherwise noted on cancellations or postponing) and the events can consist of a variety of activities ranging from Hide and Seek, to Capture the Flag, do Pictionary, to Dodgeball, and more.

I’d like to get everyone’s input on the weekly events. What do you like about them? What do you dislike about them? What do you think could make them better? If you dislike them, please explain why. If you have suggestions for new kinds of weekly events, please outline them here and they might possibly be used.

[hr][/hr]
Some common questions I would like for everyone to try to answer:
[ask]1) What is your favorite weekly event and why?
2) What is your least favorite weekly event and why?
3) Do you have any non-lag related complaints about the weekly events as a whole?
4) Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time?
5) Any suggestions to improve events or ideas for new events?[/ask]

Answering these questions and giving any other feedback you have regarding the weekly events would be greatly appreciated.

[hr][/hr]
Some general guidelines to feedback:
-Do not mention the issue of the lag, we are already well aware of this issue and it does not need to be brought up.
-Do not try to start, or participate in an argument over something another person says in this thread.
-When suggesting ideas for new events, be as detailed as possible in how it would be run.

Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed.

My favourite weekly event is: The Quiz or Dodgeball (when it doesn’t lag). This is because they’re fun and I love quizzes in real life.
My least favourite weekly even is: The Scavenger Hunt. This is because it’s really just buy stuff from Kecleon as fast as you can, and pretty pointless.
Any non-lag related problems: I feel that some of the events are too easy, like Pictionary.
Do you believe that any of the events are held an inconvenient times?: Well, the Dodgeball match on the 2nd June was on a school night, which makes it hard for me to play. (But I did anyway. :( )
Thanks~
Swamp~

What is your favorite weekly event and why? Has to be CTF (Even though you REALLY have to depend on what team you are on)

What is your least favorite weekly event and why?
Scavenger hunt/Hide and seek. Those 2 are plain boring in my opinion and last really long. I just don’t enjoy them, there’s not much of a clear reason.

Do you have any non-lag related complaints about the weekly events as a whole?
The pictionary event’s drawings are too easy. There’s also not much preperation in most of the events.

Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time?
Well, with the time it’s on atm, I can pretty much make it to every event. All europians and americans are able to come at this timing, maybe australians too. It’s only a pain for the asians, but I guess I’m alright with the time it’s on atm.

-Levy.

id say my favorite event is hide n go seek because you have to think carefully and know the PMU maps well.
events the test your skills in PMU that are normally irrelevant are fun and we need more challenges.

What is your favorite weekly event and why?

I mainly Like the Physical events such as dodgeball, CTF and maze running as they are the most fun and exciting plus theyre fair. Maybe a snowball idea would be good. Or tourney in tanrens arena :3

ANything with Buzz. I find this really unfair. WHenever it says you can buzz in, someone else answers straight away a=with a silly answer. No one ever thinks things through before answering…As soon as it says you can buzz in someones buzzes in straight away. Youhave to be extremely fast to be able to be in there first/ Might be better if it didnt have that thing where it says you can buzz in. Id rather have buzz stay then the order the answers appear in can be the displayed in order on screen too

Nothing much but i can say that some events arent really clearly explained enough. Whenever i hear how to play an event i get confused and im like can you clarify that but i get ignored </3 But this is probably down to people not being quiet when they are told to do so

Well for where i live i guess its ok but players who live in eastern europe, miss out. I think there should be 2 different event times. this is because all players may get a chance to join and that with fewer people at the evnt lag may be reduced for it. P.S. if this happens, then the player should be able to attend one event

What is your favorite weekly event and why?
My Favorite would have to be Maze races, its really fun to see if you can understand the mazes fast enough to complete. Second favorite would have to be dodgeball, because staff are really determined to catch you.

This would have to be dungeon races because really its unfair to some. Secretly people could be using speed boost (which would blend into the lag we experience sometimes). Another reason would be that people could have used a level 50+ while a newbie is only using a lvl20.

I would suggest staff create a small or large dungeon that has a set level, and the requirements would have to be no items, only 1 pokemon, no recruitable pokemon, no exp gain either (or exp would have to be really low) the dungeon would only contain common items, no rare or hidden items
items on the floors would be:
Apple
Ether
Blast Seed
Escape Orb

These should be a more of a challenge. Like Dodgeball is a challenge, Mazes are challenges, but quizzes are in-between. I agree with some people, make Pictionary a bit more challenging.

For me your only a hour ahead and im fine with it. But for people like Artmax, the events take place during the time they must sleep.

Maybe one of the staff members whose on at a different time can host another event. Or possibly host one on Friday or on Saturday, the same day we have our events, but maybe near 11 or 12pm or 8pm. They can make a list of people who joined Saturdays earlier event to make sure they cant join Saturdays’ late event. Same goes for Friday, make a list of people who joined that day and they wont be allowed to join next days’

Im saying they cant attend the two events because its possible they could win tokens in both areas, which would make it unfair to others.

Game to suggest:

1) I know this is a large request by a lot of people. Freeze Tag.

The way this would be played is that the staff are ‘It’. They would need to chase down one of the players and either ran into them, or use a 1 aoe move. (this move should be made up and have a 100% freeze rate) Almost like Dodgeball, but Players should be able to revive others, such as They can ‘F’ attack someone 3 times or less and the frozen play is set free.

*The Area could be a mapped area that is different every time to represent a good challenge.

*Players Frozen cannot break free on their own. Only other players can unfreeze them.

*Players would be frozen solid.

Any Questions?

The questions you asked to be answered that were not touched in my huge post:

1. Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time?
    No, there"s plenty of warning and it seems to take place at a fairly reasonable time for where I"m at.

2. Any suggestions to improve events or ideas for new events?
    New events? No. Improvements? Yes.

On with the show.

I’ve only been in about 3 events, and I loved 2 of them. However, I do have a few suggestions…which leads to this huge post.

[spoilerUgh it"s too long, I won"t read all of that:d0939f03]1. Have a list of rules that staff can literally quote. In every event I"ve been to, the rules were explained sporadically and people were left confused every time.

1. Create maps that streamline the map-transition process so people will be left behind less.

2. Don"t play a game that doesn"t work in heavy lag during heavy lag. Play a less intensive game, such as quizzes.

3. Furthermore, have at least one or two staff completely focus their energy ONLY on the payers during events. (At least, until the 2nd round when people have a grip on things.) They would be the ones to answer questions, remove troublemakers, and fix the people who get stuck.

[/details]

1) In almost every event I’ve been to, staff either assumed players already knew the rules or didn’t go over them thoroughly enough. I suggest having more organization for explaining events, ESPECIALLY considering how people like to spam/talk in local in the event hub during these things.

My first example is from yesterday, in the Pictionary game. The Staff member said “the rules are like last time” and I had to say “please explain the rules” before a player started going over them in a thorough manner for us newbies. The staff did also join in the explanation soon after, however. :) Even then, a lot of people didn’t understand the /buzz concept until somebody (who wasn’t staff) FINALLY said to use “/buzz answer,” not just "/buzz.”

For another example, in Dodgeball, instead of saying “No pokemon but a level 1 leader, no sturdy ability, no items and no moves,” the rules were explained in a very disconnected way that lead to some confusion and delays. (Example: They said “No moves like protect or endure” when simple saying “no moves” would have been easier to understand and would’ve yielded the same result. They said to use a level 1 pokemon instead of saying to ONLY use one level 1 leader pokemon. This lead to people having to put some pokes in the assembly and thus caused delays…and this was all explained sporadically as people talked in local.)

This is easily fixed by having very standard, already-written rules that staff can essentially quote. Also, if possible, give staff the ability to temporarily mute the local chat. This would make rule-announcing much easier.

Dodgeball is easily my favorite thus far, simply because it is a very active, challenging game that provides room for strategy and luck. Everything went generally smoothly, it seemed like everyone had a lot of fun. The announcement ceremony involving random party confetti was a great touch.

The maze was fun because it involved teamwork. (At least for the one I was in.) Those of us that couldn’t win but could still complete the maze started to drop berries and stuff for others to follow us. That way, a lot of us finished and got the single event token awarded for completion. :]

However…Pictionary was a bit sloppy yesterday. Along with the vague rules came another problem. The reality is a lot of people simply could not play Pictionary because they were getting left behind in maps. Staff would help those guys at first, yes. They even waited a while for people during the first map transition. But over time, despite players saying “WAIT so and so is stuck” the staff would keep moving at a faster pace. Some players, despite actively trying to move forward to continue would randomly warp and be unable to see the picture before the game started…they were left behind without a second thought, the game starting without them. After a few times of seeing this I just /gaveup the event. It’s not fun to play knowing that several others are stuck and nobody will do anything about it.

In the end, it wasn’t the lag itself I minded, but how the lag was handled. And despite the first post’s mention of avoiding lag-related comments, I hope that this is a fair enough perspective of the issue. I’m not demanding people fix it, I’m saying there are ways to try and work around the issues that crop up from it.

2) I really suggest creating maps and systems with common problems (like lag) in mind to keep people from getting stuck behind the map walls. Warp panels worked much better in Dodgeball than the gates in Pictionary, for example.

3) Furthermore, if certain events just don’t work in very heavy lag, do a different event. Like yesterday, quizzes might have been a better choice. In fact, the Quiz Event is a great backup that you can use in cases of emergencies when other games just will not. It is something you can create a list of questions for ahead of time, and then pull it out on the rainy days.

4) Finally, have one or two staff focus solely on the attending event community. If you already have this, it doesn’t show. Questions go unanswered, staff make empty threats to people lagging/delaying the game, people get left behind. Having one or two staff just attend to this side of things would streamline games a lot more. It would also reduce the unpleasant side-effect of players begging for help and nobody noticing.

I suppose that sums up my feelings about it. I know you guys do work within tight limits, and that it can be hard to find a common time staff can do something. So please do not take this as whining; you ask for suggestions and improvements, and I like pointing out problems and solving them at the same time. So you get a huge mouthful of the things. xD

Don’t have much feedback as this past event was only my second ever, but I would just like to say that the /a system is very good!

Although, to be completely honest, it did seem at sometimes that some /a answers did not appear to the staff’s Battle Log, as a certain player (not myself, but a friend) answered a number of questions correctly, and first, but was not rewarded for it.

1. What is your favorite weekly event and why? Pictionary, because it is so fun and sometimes funny.
  2. What is your least favorite weekly event and why? The Quiz; mostly because it lags and you spam /buzz and it never works.
  3. Do you have any non-lag related complaints about the weekly events as a whole? Again, the quiz… just… meh.
  4. Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time? Can’t really answer. But for me, no… for others maybe.
  5. Any suggestions to improve events or ideas for new events? Nope… or so still thinking.
  1. What is your favorite weekly event and why?: Out of the events I’ve participated in, my favourites so far have been both Pictionary and Dodgeball. (I haven’t competed in all of them though, so there may be some others out there I’d enjoy too). Dodgeball games don’t take too long and everyone is constantly getting to do something with very short waiting times in between games and Pictionary, some of the answers are so obvious it’s like a huge slap in the face when you find out what it really is! xD …A good kind of slap, though.
    That’s all for this question!

2. What is your least favorite weekly event and why?: I disliked the Trivia event, I think some of the questions were a little too… “out there”. And I could be slightly biased since my browsers take forever to load pages so can’t look up answers quickly XD but yeah you get the point

3. Do you have any non-lag related complaints about the weekly events as a whole?: Although everyone is generally pretty punctual and the staff are great, I think we take a little too long to start off events every here and there. Before people say “It’s because the players won’t shut up”, don’t bother because yes, they do not help, but for a couple of the ones I’ve been to the players have all been silent for at least 10 minutes + and still no event has started, but other than this I enjoy the weekly events.

4. Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time?: No, I feel the time is just right and is probably one of the most ideal choices available for everyone and their differing timezones.

5. Any suggestions to improve events or ideas for new events?:

Eeeeeh… I’d love to be of more assistance here, but I don’t have anything to say. xD;

1. What is your favorite weekly event and why?
    My favorite weekly event would be the Riddle Race. This is because I just love riddles and it seemed very fun, it test your knowledge on PMU and PokeMon itself.I was really hoping it would be ‘Riddles’ and not just questions, but either way it was fun and I enjoyed it yesterday (even if I did leave halfway into it to go to the doctor).

2. What is your least favorite weekly event and why?
    Dodgeball, Dodgeball, Dodgeball. I don’t really like this event because all we do is run around. I suggest we change this event a little so it would actually seem like a dodgeball game. The players could be seperated into two teams(like CTF) and when the staff says START we the players can run around & throw dodgeballs at each other. With just the staff throwing dodgeballs at us it really doesn’t seem like a real dodgeball game to be honest.

3. Do you have any non-lag related complaints about the weekly events as a whole?
    Not really, but we should have more of a variety of events. Or maybe we could get a poll letting the players choose what event they want?

4. Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time?
    Not really, in my time it’s like around 10 or 12 sometimes and I’m awake at the time so it’s doesn’t really inconvenience me.

5. Any suggestions to improve events or ideas for new events?
    Well, I suggested in Question #2 something. I also agree that you should add the Freeze Tag idea that SkyUmbreon suggested.

1. What is your favorite weekly event and why?
    (Forgot name) Race ot find first staff (member) at a spot on pmu (for example mt barr entrance).

2. What is your least favorite weekly event and why?
    Quiz, because last time the questiosn were extremly hard, for example: how manny pokemons have no arms and are fighting types?"

3. Do you have any non-lag related complaints about the weekly events as a whole?
    Token amout could be raised by 1-2, for example, the little cup tournament took 2.5 ours and i participated (won 3 rounds) and only have 1 for joining and 1 for staying till end. i think should get 2 for spectating begin till end and 4-5 for participating

4. Do you believe that the events are held at an inconvenient time?
    Could be held 1 our earlier.

5. Any suggestions to improve events or ideas for new events?
    Not really.