A Head Start - Evolving and Much More [v1.0]

[b]A Head Start[/b]
A Guide to Evolving and Obtaining the HMs
Link to the original version of this guide here: http://www.pmuniverse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=5089#p63832
[hr][/hr]

Table of Contents
Tip: Use Control / Command + F to search for a certain word, name, or section header in the guide!

I : Introduction
An introduction to the guide, a list of a few big changes, and some other information.

II : HM Cut
Where and how to get HM Cut. Also covers what Pokemon you should bring, items, and the Pokemon you"ll be facing.

III : Evolving and the Engraved Tablet
Where and how to get the Engraved Tablet. Covers what Pokemon you should bring, items, and the Pokemon you"ll be facing. Also covers how to finally Evolve.

IV : HM Rock Smash
Where and how to get HM Rock Smash. Also covers what Pokemon you should bring, items, and the Pokemon you"ll be facing.

V : HM Surf
Where and how to get HM Surf. Also covers what Pokemon you should bring, items, and the Pokemon you"ll be facing.

VI : HM Fly
Where and how to get HM Fly. Also covers what Pokemon you should bring, items, and the Pokemon you"ll be facing.

VII : Conclusion
A little something to end this guide off.

VIII : Credits
A list of people and sites that have helped me rewrite this guide. Thanks, folks!

IX : References and Other Guides
A list of other useful Guides and sites that you should check out!
[hr][/hr]

I : Introduction

Hey, folks! Agunimon / Ren / PhantomThiefDark / whatever else you people call me here. The old guide has gotten its fair share of views, not to mention a feature on the main site. ; u ; Thanks.

Anyways, it hasn’t been edited to include HM Fly and it really is a bit out of date. So, I thought I’d spend a bit of my time to fix it up and dust it off. Here’s the edited, revamped, and updated version! So, yeah, hopefully this guide will do what it’s intended to do.

A Few Big Changes

• There are now accurate and good directions! This comes in the form of multiple videos!
• Level Range of Pokemon included, along with the images of Pokemon in the dungeon in their various areas.
• Mission Briefs that include what to expect and where to go, and Ren’s Recommendations, filled with my tips and advice for the dungeon ahead.

The various mini tutorials will be in “chronological” order, or otherwise, the order I’d expect people to get them in. If you didn’t get those in the listed order, no problem. Just skip down to the next section.

Thanks for taking the time to read it! :la:
[hr][/hr]

II : HM Cut

Mission Brief

Where To: Sourroot Cave.
[Directions to Sourroot. The dungeon has been updated since and is now randomized.]
What to Expect: Grass and Bug Types, Getting Poisoned. :sick:
HMs Needed: N/A.

Ren’s Recommendations

Expect lots, and lots of Poison. Bring Pecha Berries, a Pecha Scarf, whatever helps you to stay alive. The Pokemon aren"t too hard to beat if you"re properly equipped, though! Bring some Pokemon with Fire / Flying type moves to quickly dispatch of the enemies. You can recruit Pidgey in the Overworld of Exbel near Grassroot, so that"ll be useful!

Pokemon in Sourroot Cave

Mainly Levels 3 - 10

Miniboss

Boss

Important Places to use HM Cut
• To Snowbasin, Winden, from Exbel.
• To Cliffside Cave, Exbel.
• To Island Garden, Exbel.
• To Thunderstorm Forest, Exbel.
• To Mount Skylift, Exbel.
• To Pitch Black Abyss, Exbel.
• To Mineral Cave / Southern Sea, Exbel.
• To Mount Barricade, Exbel.
• To Lenile Cavern, Exbel.
• To Harmonic Tower.
• To Tanren.
[hr][/hr]

III : Evolving and the Engraved Tablet

Mission Brief

Where To: Cliffside Cave, then Luminous Chamber.
[Directions to Cliffside Cave and Luminous Chamber.]
What to Expect: Mainly Ground and Rock Types, some Steel, Poison, and Fighting Types scattered around.
HMs Needed: HM Cut.

Ren’s Recommendations

[i]This dungeon is dark! Expect to get hit with a Magnitude at a certain point in this dungeon. Be prepared to run for your life too. The dungeon is far more deadly than the boss. Stock up on some Recovery Items and a Reviver Seed or two. Escape Orbs are a staple as well!

Water Type moves will deal neutral / super effective damage against all of the Pokemon in Cliffside Cave. Grass Types will do fairly well, but remember to watch out for the Zubats. Fire Types will need to keep an extra eye out for Arena Trap / Magnitude Digletts. (Press F repeatedly to get out of the Immobilize status.) A Flying Type will help you rush through much of this dungeon if needed![/i]

Pokemon in Cliffside Cave

Mainly Levels 15 - 22

Lower Floors

b Lower Floors[/b]

Boss

But Wait! There"s More!

READ THIS

Before you leave the dungeon via the Warp Pad, there"s a certain something you need to pick up. It"s very important, and you need it to evolve! It"s called an Engraved Tablet, and it"s located behind the Warp Pad. Walk up to it and press Enter / F.

Example by Alex_Dono
(Taken from the Wiki.)

[hr][/hr]
After returning to Town (Grassroot Town, Exbel) and resting up, make sure you have the Engraved Tablet in your Inventory. Now, we"ll be heading over to the West side of Exbel to Faded Relic / Luminous Cavern.

[Directions to Cliffside Cave and Luminous Chamber.]

Once in the Faded Relic, walk to the sparkle on the wall and press Enter / F.

Example by Willi
(Taken from the Wiki.)

It should lead you into Luminous Cavern, walk all the way to the top of the map to see a shining portal of sorts. Walk into it to evolve.
[hr][/hr]

IV : HM Rock Smash

Mission Brief

Where To: Sauna Cavern, Winden Snowbasin.
[Directions to Winden Snowbasin via Winden Pass.]
[Directions to Winden View and Sauna Cavern.]
What to Expect: Burning, Poison, Fire, and lots of Rage.
HMs Needed: HM Cut ( To Get to Winden.)

Ren’s Recommendations

[i]Getting HM Rock Smash is probably the most difficult out of the bunch. There is a wide variety of Pokemon to fight, fog, boiling water, lava, and lots of precarious floors to get through just to face a very powerful boss. There"s also Deep Sauna Cavern, if you"re especially brave!

Bring a Water Type for the later floors. You"d be best with a ranged Grass / Water type move for the boss too. An Electric Type is useful for the lower floors of Sauna Cavern. Be prepared to be Burned and Poisoned as well. Rawst Berries, Pecha Berries, and Lum Berries will be extremely useful! Also, bring a few Reviver Seeds, because you"re bound to die at some point. Great job if you don"t!

There"s a pretty big level jump from Cliffside Cave to Sauna Cavern, so train up![/i]

Pokemon in Sauna Cavern

Mainly Levels 26 - 30

Lower Floors

Middle Floors

Deep Middle Floors

Deepest Floors

Boss

If you"re interested in Deep Sauna Cavern
Click Here: http://pokemonmysteryuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Deep_Sauna_Cavern

Important Places to use HM Rock Smash
• A Shortcut to Snowbasin, Winden.
• To Forsaken Bunker (Crystal Ruins / Crystal Castle), Winden.
• To Snowveil Den / Lair, Winden.
• To Mineral Cave / Southern Sea, Exbel.
• To Lenile Cavern, Exbel.
• To Mount Skylift, Exbel.
• To Pitch Black Abyss, Exbel.
• To Mount Barricade, Exbel.
• To Harmonic Tower.
• To Tanren.
[hr][/hr]

V : HM Surf

Mission Brief

Where To: Mineral Cave.
[Directions to Mineral Cave and South Outpost Island.]
What to Expect: Water Type Pokemon, Dungeon Rushing, and an Easy Win.
HMs Needed: HM Cut, HM Rock Smash.

Ren’s Recommendations

This is probably one of the easiest HMs to get. Mineral Cavern is a short dungeon you can easily run through. It shouldn"t take you too long! But remember, it"s dark, so bring a few Recovery items and Reviver Seeds just in case! It"s also the gateway to a wonderful training spot that you can use in the future!

Pokemon in Mineral Cavern

Mainly Levels 24 - 30

Important Places to use HM Surf
• To Harmonic Tower.
• To South Outpost Island / Southern Sea.
[hr][/hr]

VI : HM Fly

Mission Brief

Where To: Mount Skylift.
[Directions to Mount Skylift and How to Use HM Fly.]
What to Expect: Lots of Flying Types, A Long Dungeon, and More Powerful Attacks.
HMs Needed: HM Cut, HM Rock Smash.

Ren’s Recommendations

[i]Even though Mount Skylift is a great training spot, it might be hard if you"re going Solo. Team up with a few friends or a party to easily get you to the top! Bring a strong Pokemon with an Electric or Rock Type move. Something with resistance against Flying Type moves, that is, because there are a heck of a lot of them here. Birds, birds, and more birds. They never stop!

Reviver Seeds, Recovery Items, and an Escape Orb like usual! And there"s no Boss![/i]

Pokemon in Mount Skylift

Mainly Levels (High) 20s - (Low) 40s

Lower Floors

Middle Floors

Upper Floors

[Directions to Mount Skylift and How to Use HM Fly.]

Important Places to use HM Fly
You can use HM Fly to Fly to other towns you’ve been in!
• Grassroot Town, Exbel.
• Snowbasin, Winden.
• Tanren.
[hr][/hr]

VII : Conclusion

Well, that"s all she wrote. My wrist is sore, but hey, as long as this guide does what it"s supposed to do, all the hours poured into this was well worth my time.

Any suggestions are appreciated, whether they"re via PM or Reply! Any comments are appreciated as well!

Thanks for reading!

Ren, out!

[hr][/hr]

VIII : Credits

• A big thanks to Zappeh for letting me use his Youtube videos as visuals / accurate directions!
AstrapiDrakos @ Youtube. His Channel Here!

• Thanks to Lman for answering so many of my questions.

• Thanks to Ribbon for listening to my constant pestering.

• Thanks to the folks at the PMU Wiki for all the awesome specifics and information regarding Pokemon in dungeons and levels!

• And you, for reading it and sticking around for so long! Especially those of you who supported my old guide. Thank you very much! ; u ;

[hr][/hr]

IX : References and Other Guides

A HGSS Style Map of PMU by RickyPDC
Basics to Dungeon Crawling by Yours Truly

This is really helpful. Even though I’ve done this part like a billion times, I still enjoyed reading the guide. Especially the ‘Ren’s Recommendation’, which is like good ol’ advice from a companion. Wonderful, I hope you continue, though on a few advance dungeons! ^-^;

hiss ALTARIAZ hiss

Erk…Ignore my jealousy…

This. THIS. THIS. It is epic. claps

island garden in exbel needs cut too.

c: Maybe, maybe.

Aha. Thanks!

Ooh. Thanks. ./adds.

Skylift also has Venomoth, Beautifly, and Jumpluff.

Middle or Upper Skylift? :S

I first see them in middle, then later upper. Sooooo, both? :O

Nice guide by the way. c:

nice guide and this will give me some info for my guide to check things. thank you

I first see them in middle, then later upper. Sooooo, both? :O

Nice guide by the way. c:[/quote]

I’ll confirm it when I have the time. c: Thanks, though!

Aha. Nice to know that it’ll help!

Added what HMs are needed to access the highlighted dungeons. :u Not much, but it’s something.

Rocksmash is also required to reach Forsaken Bunker (Crystal Ruins/Castle), and Snowveil Den/Lair, both of which are in Winden.

Great guide, Agu~

I could not have made this better. (Not that I ever make any guides any way, except the one I made long ago that was filled with errors and flaws.)

Added. Thanks, Yetter. :o) Honk Honk.

Aha. Thank you, Jay. c: