Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Addressing The Current Server Downtime

Addressing The Current Server Downtime

Good day to you fine members of the PMU Community. Lately there has been quite a few questions regarding the current state of the server; why it is down and when we can expect it to be back up and running...

Well today, I hope to answer a few of the more common questions with this news post, and to hopefully update a few people regarding the current state of the server. Without going into too much detail, unforeseen circumstances have required us to take the server offline. However, please know that it is quite important, and that all members of the staff team are working hard to bring the server back to the players.

There have been quite a few posts in the support thread regarding issues with the client, many of which are caused by the server downtime... If you are someone who is having issues getting your client to work; it is advised to wait until we have the server back up, then try again. If the problem continues, contact a staff member (or myself), and we will help in what ways we can.

As for when the server will be back up... At this time, we have no estimated time for when we can put the server back up. We are working as quickly as we can, but we currently have quite a bit of work to sort out before we can even make an estimate. We are deeply sorry for this downtime, and have planned compensation due to this long downtime for all members of the PMU Community for when we do get the server back up. We will provide more news regarding the server when we can...

To pass the time, we have re-opened our Pokemon Online server. For anyone who doesn't know what PO is, it is a free Pokemon Battle Simulator, more information (including the download) can be found on this website:
    http://www.pokemon-online.eu/
    The PMU Chatango has also been quite lively recently:
    http://www.pmuniverse.net/chat.php

That is the extension of what we can say at this time... We just want to let you guys know that we are still alive, and we are working as best as we can during these hard times... On behalf of our staff team we would like to thank you all for being so patient during the downtime, and we hope to provide more information shortly.

Thank you.
    -The Pokemon Mystery Universe Staff Team

Re: Addressing The Current Server Downtime

Thanks for the info and good luck on fixing it!

In-game
    Silk

Thank you for providing us with such information. . . i do have a question though, what inspired you to make these drastic changes to PMU?

It isn't so much that we were inspired to make changes... It was something that just had to happen. Without context, it doesn't make much sense, but hopefully we will fill you guys in at a later time.

So how did the server go down???

Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Micozzi56
    So how did the server go down???
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatterman
    Without going into too much detail, unforeseen circumstances have required us to take the server offline. However, please know that it is quite important, and that all members of the staff team are working hard to bring the server back to the players.

Thanks

:O the Magikarp used splash on the server?

I go to Alaska for two weeks... I thought it would be up... Oh we'll.. School is coming anyways :/

Thanks for providing us with information on what's going on in PMU. Its kind of disappointing though that there isn't a reasonable explanation as to why the server is down though. I've been hearing a lot of he/she said rumors as to why the server is down, from what I hear a couple of staff members are only discussing this with favored players. I guess most of us we'll be kept in the dark until the server gets back up.