SSS Warrior Cats: A Fanimation

You may have heard of a rather popular series of books called Warrior Cats. Well, a group of people decided to adapt the first book, Into the Wild, into an animated series. You can watch the episodes here. They just finished Episode 3’s ending about a month ago, and Episode 4 is in early stages of development.

So, what are your thoughts on it? Do you like this version or the book version better?

I, personally, prefer SSS over the original. Firstly, Whitestorm’s younger and he’s a WIND-CONTROLLING MORTAL-NINJA-CAT-GOD. Just look at him. Isn’t he awesome? And then there are looks. For example, Lionheart looks like a lion. |D I like how Spottedleaf is a calico instead of having mainly tortoiseshell fur with only a little white. Graypaw doesn’t have that dark gray stripe running down his back, which makes him look cuter…even though said stripe is how he got his warrior name. Plus, Ravenpaw has purple eyes. As if he could get any more adorable! <3 Thirdly, it seems that Spottedleaf will be more developed in this animation, since she seems to be a pacifist (fitting, for a medicine cat) and can get annoyed at times. In the books, she was a flat character; perfect in almost every way just to provide a love interest for Rusty/Firepaw. Also, it seems like there’s going to be a Firepaw/Spottedleaf/Tigerclaw love triangle! This should definitely be interesting; if Firepaw is jealous of Tigerclaw or vice-versa, how will that affect what happens when Firepaw finds out about Tigerclaw murdering Redtail?

One thing I don’t like, though, is that the lyrics of the theme song don’t quite fit the animations playing during the intro. The music is awesome and so is the intro video, but when put together, most of it doesn’t make any sense. For example, I think the first line of the second stanza should have had Firepaw in the sunlight while Bluestar gives him his apprentice name, and the fourth line of the second stanza would be better off playing alongside the scene where Longtail breaks Firepaw’s collar; etc. I don’t know Japanese, but the English translation of the lyrics has he first line of the second stanza saying “Brought into the light at last”, which makes Firepaw’s naming ceremony the obvious choice. The fourth line is “I threw away the mask that hides the deeper me”, and Firepaw started to show his “deeper self” after his collar broke; he suddenly began to fight Longtail more ferociously. Aaand I’m too lazy to write more. xD;;

I want to know what the rest of you think!