WHAT DOES THIS MEAN

I keep getting an error and this is what it says.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly ‘Updater, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: ‘Updater, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’
at   …ctor(String )
at  .()
at  .()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I’m guessing that it means the Updater has a problem of some sort. I recommend reinstalling the PMU Client, try to see if that fixes the problem.

I’m not the best at sorting these out, but I reccomend you run it as administrator and see what happens then… if it doesn’t work, re install it. (as a portable thing) and then run it as administrator again. If that doesn’t work, then try and re-install it again, but do not tick the portable thing, but keep going on till it says ‘repair’. Once you’ve done that, try again normally and with administrator.

This particular error is PMU not able to load a file/dependency it needs to load.

Which means it’s either not present (your install is corrupt somehow, or the program itself is broken…the latter which is obviously not the case), or it’s being locked from accessing it.

In this scenario, I’d say it’s Windows access privileges, which can be solved by running the program as an administrator, or your antivirus interfering, which can be solved by turning it’s active protection off long enough for you to update.

Blazing’s instructions are good.