Which Pokemon Do You Think Deserves A Mega Evolution?

Which Pokemon do you people think deserves a Mega Evolution? Mine would be Rapidash, but I don’t know why. ;A; I think it should look a little like Absol, but more fire… bleh. Fire and Flying too would be nice. x3

Pose your thoughts here!

Eeveelutions!

I think eeveelutions are quite popular as it is. They’re considered one of the most fan-favorite pokemon of earlier pokemon generations. From my understanding Eevee and its various evolutions represent the concept of DNA, adaptation, and evolving as a whole. Since Eevee has in a way transcended the traditional evolutionary barriers that most pokemon are bound by, it would only make sense if either it or its various evolutions are capable of mega evolving.

If not all of it’s evolutions, why not Eevee itself? After it doesn’t have an evolution as of yet! This is the only contradiction to Eevee getting a mega-evolution:

Two of it’s evolutions involve happiness. So it’s kinda impractical to hit the B button all the time just to keep a mega-eevee. Plus mega-evolution seems to affect only final evolutions of pokemon.

Jusy my idea. :la:

Dear, lord. Why did Garchomp, who was already in Ubers, get a Mega Evolution? Out of all the three-stage dragons, I think Flygon needs a bit more love from Nintendo. It’s not a terrible Pokemon, but it lacks so much raw power compared to a lot of the others. :(

Flygon really should get a mega evolution, well for one, gen 3, two gen 3, three it needs to have some way to counter ice types, not just by max ev trained in speed + flamethrower.

How about a Mega Luxray or Mega Girafarig? Mega Luxray would have some nice stats and it would look cool, and since Girafarig isn’t very popular, even if it has ok stats, I think a Mega Evo could be good for it. It could have some good Psychic moves and it would probably look pretty cool too, I think sometimes Gamefreak should focus on the less popular pokemon sometimes instead of giving out Mega Evos to already OP Pokemon like Garchomp. That was just a terrible idea… And I agree, Flygon does need a Mega Evo.

I’d prefer mega Girafarig due to the fact that too many people like luxray
(Not including Ren, Ren please don’t kill me)
Plus Girafarig would actually be used, i’ve never seen anyone use it.

Hi. 8o (Your life shall be spared for now!)

Instead of a Mega, I think Girafarig just needs an evolution. :L I’d love to see that giraffe getting a bit more love.

(But Mega Luxray would be so fluffy cool. D8 )

Can I just get one with an accenting color that isn’t pink? Please?

???

To be honest, you can"t really say Luxray doesn"t deserve one because it"s liked a lot. I mean, look at Garchomp. It"s OU, liked, and in the uber tier, yet that has a mega-evolution.
But on the other hand, Girafarig would be nice!
To be honest, I think that there should be a Mega Hitmonchan, Hitmontop and Hitmonlee.
Not sure why, though.

Charizard and Mewtwo got megas, and they"re one of the most overrated pokemon ever. Heck, i"m honestly surprised Raichu didn"t get a mega.

It"d depend on what would be boosted and if it"d get a better ability or not. Does anyone bother using Mega Bannete when they can just have a pokemon that can better use the Mega slot? Banette needed a standard evolution, but since it went Mega now there"s just no hope for it. At least Mawile and Kangaskhan became pretty decent threats and Gengar just rips everything a new one.

i have like 5 pokemon who should get a mega evo some of them might be obvious:

Snivy
Stantler
Marowak
Leavanny
Froslass
and Vanilluxe

Personally, Slowbro and Slowking.

Mostly because both are evolutions from Slowpoke and which people agree it’s a pain to train. Plus, they could actually have a use with their Shellder.

Personally, if all the Generation One starters got Mega Evolutions than why not complete the other Generations and give them Mega Evolutions.

Late

I’m no expert. This is just my opinion.

In my opinion, Pokémon that deserve it should be those that are sort of hidden in the background and have merits which can be expanded upon. For example, Weavile’s speed is great, but it’s far too fragile, has poor typing and it’s attack isn’t all that great without Swords Dance and/or Life Orb.

As for Pokémon in UU and NU, most could be considered deserving of a Mega evolution to attract more attention. Mawile after all got that massive boost in popularity after that fairy type and huge power addition. It found it’s own use as a great sweeper.

Alternatively there are those who have megas to improve their skills and expand their ranges of use such as Garchomp and Blaziken. They are both good on their own, but megas allow them to have different uses as opposed to typical sets. For example, using Mega Garchomp means you have to accommodate for it’s lower speed making moves such as Agility/Baton Pass and Sticky Web almost essential in making him the powerful sweeper he was made to be. If not, it’s unlikely to have Mega Garchomp for two or more turns with so many people even more prepared for dragons with the inclusion of the fairy type.

One thing I noticed is that Mega Blaziken started to carry Substitute and Baton Pass where Blaziken before that were typically more built for straight up sweeping. Of course, I see offensive Mega Blaziken and Baton/Sub normal Blaziken too, I’m just saying that, from what I have seen, Blaziken’s use has more variety now. Then again, what I may be saying is probably nonsense by this point. Wafflewafflewaffle.

Ok, now we get to the main opinion part of this post. Who do I think deserves a mega. Well, it’s a bit of a mix between who I want to see, who I believe deserves it and who can really benefit from one, not to just make the poor great, but to make the great greater.

Glalie - Help out those interesting stats of his and perhaps giving an ability like Snow Warning. Perhaps give him more speed. That’s normally helpful.

Froslass - Froslass has good speed and sp.atk and I believe she is a great punisher for those with sweepers with a good old Destiny Bond. Of course, Destiny Bond on a mega can be considered a waste, but sometimes sacrifice is necessary to get rid of those threats that can annoy you. With an ability such as Magic Bounce it can also stop set-uppers that would destroy it, such as Stealth Rocks and Spikes, both of which she is weak to. However, it does provide she is out before they land.

Seaking - I love Seaking. I think it deserves some love back. Lightning Rod is still a good ability, but Seaking are typically physical attackers. I doubt Motor Drive will make much sense on it, but perhaps something like Hydration could be used to give it some new uses. Water Veil is another ability it could use, since it already has that. I think it will be able to benefit most from Lightning Rod, or a similar ability that grants it immunity from electric attacks. Seaking is, in my opinion, a pretty good defence against Rotom-Wash and Rotom-Heat, even if it goes get Choice Scarf handed to it.

Dewgong - Like Seaking, it is not seen too often but is still good in it’s own ways. I tend to use it as a Toxic Staller with Protect, Ice Beam, Toxic and Rest. Not the best use of it I feel. I can imagine Mega Dewgong not getting much use from a mega due to it’s weaknesses. Since we already have a bulky Water/Ice in the form of Walrein, Dewgong could be a more offensive set since I’ve seen both physical and special variations. It’s move pool allows it to be any type of attacker it wants, but the focus is mostly to make use of that Ice and Water typing.

Skuntank - Not great defensively, for some reason I mostly see it using Fire Blast, like with Weezing. It should be able to use those Stab Moves of it’s and be proud. It’s speed and attack could have some improvements, or else it’s defences to help withstand some hits. That poison type also helps it with surviving fairies, but it’s pretty much stuck against Klefki as Fire Blast, as powerful as it is, has poor accuracy and is risky to use before you’re WaveSwaggerPlayed (Most Klefki are probably screeners but I love T-Wave/Swagger/Foul Play Klefki).

Toxicroak - It is a nice Pokémon, but isn’t seen much because of reasons, namely Psychic. I think it could be amazing with something like Pure Power or something to increase it’s speed. Toxi’s main and best use is to be a physical sweeper in my opinion. I just like Toxicroak, I would love to see him have a mega.

Others I was too lazy to write about.
[col]Octillery
Walrein
Shiftry
Spinda
Tauros
Seviper
Lopunny
Weezing
Torkoal
Machamp
GolemClaydol
Cacturne
Dustox/Beedrill
Linoone
Mightyena
Heliolisk (or a normal evolution. :< It looks like he has potential to be better, especially design wise.)
Persian
Skarmory (offensive Skarmory perhaps. Gale Wings Brave Bird or something)
Dodrio/Dugtrio. (Why not?)
Wobuffet (Wynaut?)|Swalot
Rapidash
Zebstrika
Mantine
Vileplume
Exeggutor
Manectric redesign please. Different for X and Y or something.
Cherrim (Drought and Grass/Fire? Contradictory typing but you never know.)
Bisharp
Marowak
Mismagius
Cofagrigus
Beheeyem
Snorlax (Stronger but with Truant so we don"t have another Slaking.)
Slaking (Get rid of dat Truant)
Relicanth
Luxray
Donphan
Mamoswine[/col]

Starters - Starters are starters. Don’t really deserve megas, but I suppose that since some already have it, the others should too.

• Every Grass Type
  • Stantler
  • Aromatisse
  • Florges
  • Blissey
  • Hitmontop

Okay, I’ve tried doing this so many times, and I’ve calculated everything possible.

When I make a mega-evolution I have two rules otherwise the others already given.

[ul]
[li]First, No ability must be shared with any other mega evolution (exceptions are the pairs MegaGyarados and MegaAmpharos and MegaCharizard X and MegaAerodactyl)[/li]
[li]Second, The ability must ALWAYS work in a certain condition or on the first turn[/ul][/li]Okay, let’s start.

Forretress or Escavalier

There’s a perfect place in the Mega Evolution slot for these two. Their types are the only bug type combos that has one weakness, but unluckily, it’s annihilated by a double weakness. The perfect ability for these two are Heatproof.

Forretress’ great defense is weakened by it’s horrible Special Defense and average HP, and since most Fire-type moves are Special Attacks, Forretress has an opening, but a Heatproof could help it cope with this. This could help Forretress become a wall if you raise it’s special defense and HP stats.

Escavalier is balanced in both Defense and Special Defense, so this is fine. It’s attack is very great, and it becomes a Sweeping Tank, perfect for any other battle.

Meganium

Or as I love to call MEGA-MEGAnium.

The perfect ability for Meganium is Flower Gift. Since she’s already a good Support, her increase to Attack and Special Defense plus an addition of the move Reflect would make a team very powerful.

But that’s all I can say, otherwise:

GREATEST GRASS STARTER EVER

Feraligatr

I don’t know why Mega-Blastoise didn’t have this, but…

Mega-Feraligatr should have Drizzle, just that…

DRIZZLE, Blastoise doesn’t have it, so Feraligatr should.

No pokemon deserve a mega evolution, you say the stats are bad? Well last time I checked people were able to make good use to them. You can sweep with unowns,sunkerns,pichus. No pokemon needs or deserves a mega evolution.

???

Welp. There are Mega Evolutions out already. I don’t think Nintendo are going to take them out next Generation. I assume they’re here to stay.

Hmmm… Probably… Man it’s hard to pick, I agree with you on Rapidash.<3 :joy: