Every time there is an update...

…my client fails to install the first one.

I get an error saying “Access to the path ‘KB-A-0001.dll’ is denied.” and the details say:

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path “KB-A-0001.dll” is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at PMU.Updater.UpdateClient.InstallDownloadedPackage(IUpdateCheckResult result, Int32 currentPackage, String packagePath)
at PMU.Updater.UpdateClient.<>c__DisplayClass3.<DownloadPackage>b__1(Object o, FileDownloadingEventArgs e)
at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
at PMU.Updater.FileDownload.downloadBWorker_ProgressChanged(Object sender, ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.OnProgressChanged(ProgressChangedEventArgs e)
at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.ProgressReporter(Object arg)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Not sure why KB-A-0002 always seems to install without fail, but yeah… it always gets hung up on the first update, and then crashes.

Reinstalling doesn’t help. I currently have it installed as a portable on my USB drive. Trying to install the updates with the client on my computer’s actual hard drive works even less due to some odd folder permissions or something. I have tried to undo the read-only properties of a bunch of the client folder as well as the updater files, but it doesn’t seem to work. Also, running as administrator doesn’t work, either.

Did you make sure your Anti-Virus is letting it through? How about firewall? It seems that Kaspersky doesn’t like PMU’s updater at all so check the Vault.

Right, sorry, I knew I forgot to mention something. Nah, I’m sure it’s not antivirus-related issues.

As a quick fix, does anyone who has PMU installed as a portable application and with the updates installed want to send me the files via Google Drive or Skydrive or Dropbox or something? XD

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17169638/Client.zip

Got this from What12345 :)

Thanks why and what :D

Still hope that staff figure out what’s behind this and fix it, though… not sure why it seems to affect only me. :x.x:

Oh haha thanks. I see the thread where he posted this now :joy:

Darn, it seems that What’s files are from before this update… so it still asks me to install the update, and still jams :cry:

gg ;_; watwedonow qq :sad: :cry: :rage:

It’s most likely because your PMU client is installed in a path that’s normally restricted to users by the system. Try running PMU as an administrator or move it somewhere else like your desktop.

Or you might even just re-install it. :D

Just saying, I got that from Shining Fox._.