[Special Weekly Event]: ~Arena Rumble~

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good day, everyone!

Welcome to another Pokemon Mystery Universe Weekly Event! This week, we are going to have some kind of a PvP event, it’s the Arena Rumble!

The event will be taking place this weekend.
[Sunday, Mar-23-2014 @ 01:00 PM EST / 06:00 PM GMT].

Good luck! We hope you enjoy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Arena Rumble~

[Credits to Redstars79 for the banner]

=Rules and Instructions:

• The event is taking place at a special arena.
  • Battle type is going to be announced shortly just before the event starts, participators are going to use only one Pokémon in party.
  • Items are not allowed, participators will not be able to enter the event if they have any items in their inventories. (This also goes for parties.)
  • Immobilization moves as well as Pokémon abilities with the same effect are forbidden.
  • No Area of Effect (AoE) moves above the range of a 2-tile surroundings are allowed. (For example, Heat Wave and Surf are forbidden.)
  • Healing moves are forbidden.
  • Moves that boost your stats are banned.
  • Using any move that would counter your opponents move and bounce it right back at them such as Counter, Mirror Coat and Destiny Bond will result in a disqualification.
  • Weather moves and abilities are not allowed.
  • Any status moves that would cause any harmful status effects that would hit 100% of the time are banned. (Though moves that have these as secondary effects are permitted)
  • Moves such as Fly and Dig are not allowed.
  • Moves such as Protect and Detect are also not allowed, this goes for Endure and Substitute.
    -The move Present is not allowed.

=Prizes and Winners:~

To be announced.

if i use flamethrower and it burns the other person am i disqualified?

• Any status moves that would cause any harmful status effects that would hit 100% of the time are banned. (Though moves that have these as secondary effects are permitted)

3 Minute Reply Woo Woo

Status moves that hit 100% of the time are referring to things such as Thunder Wave and Poison Powder whose primary job is to inflict their respective statuses onto the opponent. Flamethrower, however, aims to do damage. The burn status effect is a secondary effect.

TL;DR: It should be allowed.

So no level limit??? I can use my lvl 80 rampardos??

Oh, forgot to mention all participators will be set to level 50.

If the stat boosts are a secondary effect from an attacking move, will that be allowed?

Yes, moves such as Metal Claw and Charge Beam are allowed.

This looks exciting, can’t wait to watch! :D

If you are under level 50 will you be raised to level 50 temporarily?

This is gonna be the best event i can just tell!! I cant wait for this :D

Will everyone get a token? :o

Yes, it works pretty much like Tanren Arena.

Everyone taking part in the event will get one Event Token for participation.

So will the event be tomorow if pmu is not up in 2 hours?? I really want to participate in this one. It looks so fun!

It depends on how fast the server comes back. It could be delayed for a while, most likely. Putting it off till tomorrow is very much a ‘last resort’ option, I guess. For now, I think it best to assume it as the current time, you’ll be notified if there are any changed to the time/day via this forum thread and/or in game announcements! ^^

Thank you.

The event has been postponed until March 23rd (The event will still happen at the same time) Sorry for the Inconvenience.

Is acient power Ok?

Best event!! it was so fun… I hope we could do this again next ime :D