Could not load file and then PMU has stopped working

First I get A "could not load file or assembly ““Updater, Version=1.0.0.0 Culture=install PublicKeyToken=null”” or one of its dependencies. the system could not find the file specified.

And then when I click ok it says PMU has stopped working. Help? D:

Any chance that a reinstall would work? Have you tried?

If not, check out this post and thread. Perhaps it’ll give you some more options?
http://pmuniverse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=13011#p169703

Restalled a bunch and used the client from the link you gave me, neither work. It seems my kaspersky continues to block that file for “malware”. I was wondering if there is a way of getting around needing the updater file? I will not disable my kaspersky, because that could really mess up my computer, but I’d like to find a way around this. And I did download from the correct spot on here.

Ohhh, the infamous Kaspersky. Yeah. You 100% need that file to run PMU. I haven’t heard of any way around this other than to make Kaspersky let PMU’s files through. Other users have had that problem in the past. Your choice whether you want to risk it, but I assure you that PMU is 100% virus free. owo

There have been threads in the past regarding those who have had the same issue! If you want, you can check back on those.

How would I let that file through?

Checkered Zebra encountered the similar problem a while back. See if his/her mini tutorial helps!
http://pmuniverse.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=10786&p=155072&hilit=kaspersky#p155070

Ok, I’ll try it, thanks!

Didn’t work but I will keep trying.

Ok, I trusted the updater.dll but I’m still getting this message: could not load file or assembly "“Updater, Version=1.0.0.0 Culture=install PublicKeyToken=null” help?

still won’t work, could I get an answer?

I had the very same issue. only thing that worked for me is to have a different antivirus beyond Kapersky. My laptop has a un-updated Kapersky (or it did. It may no longer be on there) from 2013 and runs it. This desktop has norton (or it said it had norton) and nothing’s wrong.

Well, I just figured it out if you still want to use kaspersky. I told it not to delete objects without my permission, it showed up as a Trojan so I went to the home screen, looked on the malware, and hit skip. After that I re installed and made it delete objects on its own again. So far no problems except the sound isn’t working at all… any ideas? My sound is on and the sound in the music says on…

sound has been wonky lately. that’s normal.
glad you found a way to fix it. I never was able to do that as my parents didn’t want me to touch the anti-virus at all.