PMU Stops Responding (+game control questions)

Hello, hello! I recently started playing PMU and it’s been going pretty well so far…

However, when I do play the game, it stops responding anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour after I load it up. It doesn’t gray out and tell me this until I try to close out of it, though. This usually happens either when I am using the Team Assembly or the Storage in Grassroot Town, or in a dungeon with 3 or 4+ enemies attacking me. In any situation, the sprite gets stuck and stops responding and I have to close the client and restart it (the chat keeps updating, though, so idk what’s going on :c).

I’ve tried reinstalling the client several times, to no avail, and my computer specs are fine for tons of games, so I doubt that it’s a problem there… unless something about Windows 7 rubs PMU the wrong way, lol.

Any advice?

Also, is there a command for exiting the client or something? I haven’t been able to find it if so, so I’ve been saving and then closing out (which usually makes the client freeze OTL)… and is there a keyboard shortcut for using an equipped item, like a berry or projectile? I saw something about the Z,X,C,V keys for that, but I’m assuming that was for PMU 6 or something because that… doesn’t work. |D

Thanks in advance!

My dear, I can’t tell you much since I’m quite rubbish when it comes to system issues.
Although, there was this command which would make you stop being stuck in the same place. I wish I could tell you, but I only used that command centuries ago.
Just wait for a GM to help you out, good luck :heart:

Welcome to PMU!~ I’m not exactly tech-savvy, but maybe I can help a bit. Are there any error(s) popping up when it freezes? It could possibly be the destination array error that has been affecting everyone randomly since PMU came back, but the last part about the chat makes me a bit skeptical on that…

I’m not sure what you mean by this, but it seems pretty odd. Occasionally, my client stops responding due to errors and I usually just close out of it after a few moments. Otherwise, I resort to the task manager.

Yes, there is a shortcut and you got it. The item needs to be equipped first, then you can use the Z, X, C, or V keys.
Z is for using item equipped on your party leader
X is for using item equipped your second Pokemon, and so on.

@TemoKun - Lol, that’s fine. Thanks for the reply, though! I appreciate it. c:

@Whitewingz - First off, thank you! && Nah, no errors. I’m lucky if I get the “PMU has stopped responding” message at all. Dx I don’t… know what this destination array error is, eheh~ I have occasionally gotten a “value cannot equal null” message (or something to that effect) but it’s way more common for the client to just crash.

The command I was asking about is like… what I do is the “/save” command and then I hit the X a-la browser style to exit the client. I was wondering if there’s a command that I should be using in order to exit, because idek but I don’t think I’m doing it properly. D: Like, for example, a “/exit” command that would close the client as it’s meant to be closed… unless I am doing it right and it’s just a weird way to exit an MMO client. |D I dunno. I thought that I might be messing something up by closing it wrong.

I actually have to resort to the task manager most of the time. It rarely works if I just hit the exit button. I usually have to tell the task manager to kill it.

I did get the shortcut, but thanks! I guess I just wasn’t pressing the key hard enough. >u>; The keyboard controls are not as sensitive as I initially thought they’d be, ehehe~

It could just be that something’s wonky with my laptop, and it wouldn’t surprise me if something in its innards is being dumb, but I figured I’d post here anyway just in case. ^^;

EDIT 4-21-14;;
I’m not sure if it’s just me this time or not, but for the past day or so I’ve been getting frequent periods of ridiculous lag in dungeons, as in game-breaking ridiculous. I don’t think it’s on my end, because it’s erratic and it doesn’t depend on how long I’ve been playing or if I restarted the client or not. If this is just me, though, then I’ll definitely be getting my computer looked at, and if nothing else then maybe my graphics card is wearing out or something. >_> If it’s a widespread issue, then I’d at least like to know before I go drop $25 bucks on a check-up… I can deal with restarting every 1-2 hours, but rage quit-inducing lag is not something I want to deal with if I can so avoid it. |D

EDIT 4-21-14 (again);;
So apparently if I just let the auto-save do its thing and not use the /save command, most of the issues go away. ._.; I guess I was just overloading the client or something? Either way, I can totally handle the remaining crashes now, so I’ll just let it be - unless something starts being a butt again. |D

Thanks for the helps, guys! ♥