CDQ's Arena Strategies

Welcome to CDQ’s Arena Strategies

This thread continues the previous “Mr Justified’s Arena Tips” by handing out strategies for battling in The Arena

The Arena Tips are being remade ( I think very old threads are not allowed to be replied to, and I also don’t use Mr J anymore )

Also like the other thread, there are no requests being taken or anything, it’s being chosen either at random or what I feel like throwing onto it
Like the other thread: Please do not make any replies unrelated to this topic and your suggestions, I request, should be related to this thread. If your suggestions also lack any detail or are nonsense, they will be ignored as well as any comments not relating to this very thread. All posts are likely to be separate like before.

Empoleon

Overview

Empoleon, the Emperor Pokemon. It swims as fast as a jet boat. The edges of its wings are sharp and can slice apart drifting ice. The three horns that extend from its beak attest to its power. The leader has the biggest horns.

Empoleon is a Pokemon that few use, likely because of the fact it has a shallow movepool. Any Empoleon you see is probably going to run the same moveset as any other. But, Empoleon is still a cool enough Pokemon to be given some thought before you toss it to the side. It’s a Water and Steel type, which is a unique type combination. It can’t be Poisoned luckily, and it resists Rock, Water, Flying, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Fairy, Bug, Steel, and Dragon! With an immunity to Poison! And it only has 3 weaknesses in the name of Fighting, Ground, and Electric. Not many Ground types common, sometimes Electric, Fighting something like common. It can still get past that though.

Moves and Items

Empoleon @ Heal Ribbon / Life Orb / Special Band

Ice Beam
Yeah, it’s real obvious. What Water users don’t spam Ice Beam?

Hydro Pump
Okay, again, obvious… STAB and a power attack. It also has nice range.

Flash Cannon
Not so obvious! …Well, ever since the pixies came into life, Steel has to get some love. It also beats Ice types you otherwise wouldn’t harm.

Grass Knot
Grass Knot is a Grass-type move that deals more damage the heavier the target. You’d see this as useless, but you can try it on a Vaporeon or a random Pokemon that is annoyingly Water-type-y. It’s just something to use against other Water types.

Drill Peck
Drill Peck might suck in one’s eyes, and Ice Beam may do a better job, but maybe by putting your beak on the chest of a powerful Machamp you could score a point? How about on a Breloom? Not even a Gallade?

Earthquake
Well, if you have the nerve to go Physical… try your luck at mauling a stray Raichu, or maybe hit that Electivire that keeps using Thunderbolt on you.

Swords Dance
Here I am.

Role and Uses

Empoleon isn’t the best or strongest or the most durable of Pokemon, but it’s really cool and maybe you can pull off a serious gimmick with it. Empoleon’s Defiant is also cool if you take a Psychic, Energy or Shadow Ball. Maybe you can have some luck by getting hit with a Rock Tomb, then hitting hard with (Insert Physical Move Here). In general, Empoleon’s better off using Special moves. It can’t boost itself or anything unless Swords Dance is used, but it’s cool anyway.

Conclusion

Empoleon’s a really cool Pokemon. It’s got nice Special Attack, and has great defensive typing. In terms of Defenses though, you could take a few hits before you go down. I recommend Piplup to anyone starting anew. In PMUniverse, it can do much more.

#24 Delelele Woooop (Kricketune)

Overview

Delelele Woooop, the WOOOOOOP Pokemon. It crosses its knifelike arms in front of its chest when it cries. It can compose melodies ad lib. It signals its emotions with its melodies. Scientists are studying these melodic patterns.

Kricketune is fancy. It’s an extremely fancy Pokemon. Those who are not fancy are not worthy of this Pokemon! Kricketune is a pure Bug-type Pokemon that requires some serious care. Kricketune, like most other Bug types not named Heracross or Scizor, is extremely uncommon. It’s almost never used. However, it’s really cool. If you use it right, you can show those non-fancy fools just how the delelele woooop works!

HP: 77
137 - 184 264 - 358
Attack: 85
81 - 150 157 - 295
Defense: 51
50 - 113 96 - 221
Sp.Atk: 55
54 - 117 103 - 229
Sp.Def: 51
50 - 113 96 - 221
Speed: 65
63 - 128 121 - 251
Total: 384

Moves and Items

Delelele Wooop @ Power Band / Heal Ribbon / Flame Plate / Inferno Band (?)

Swords Dance
I am self-explanatory, aren’t I?

Hone Claws
I’m not Swords Dance, but I can help with your accuracy. (Not like Delelele WOOOOP needs me.)

X-Scissor
X-Scissor is STAB, and is the strongest STAB Kricket can get. It also (should) has nice range.

Brick Break
If Kricketune could not learn this, Kricketune would die. Brick Break hits Dark, Normal, Steel, Rock, and Ice for good damage. It’s always nice to have coverage on your side, no?

Aerial Ace
It’s nice to hit other Bug-types and Fighting-types. Plus, it can’t miss. Why not?

Night Slash
Last night my Night Slash saved her life.~ Because I can cover two ghostly types.~ Their names are Dark and Ghost, alright.~

Bug Buzz
In ze Pokemon Mystery Universe, ze special attack bad none, honh?

Role and Uses

Kricketune I admit has feeble defenses and isn’t exactly all power. But it can work. Also, if you want, you can run around the overworld constantly screeching “DELELELE WOOOOOOP”. It’s kinda fun. …I mean both Kricketune and the screeching. Have fun with the fancy “violin beetle”!

Conclusion

DELELELE WOOOOOOOP

#25: Noctowl

Overview

Noctowl, the Owl Pokemon. Its eyes are specially adapted. They concentrate even faint light and enable it to see in the dark. When it needs to think, it rotates its head 180 degrees to sharpen its intellectual power.

Noctowl is an interesting Normal and Flying type Pokemon. This is because it’s kind of a psychic bird in a way. Unlike most other Normal-Flyers (or all), Noctowl can use the moves Psychic and Shadow Ball. 100 base HP is also nice with 96 Special Defense. No one knows about the 50 Attack and 50 Defense though. And 76 Special Attack isn’t enough to propel the bird forward. But who cares? It’s a psychic owl. You do not see those around too many times, huh? No. No you don’t.

HP: 100
160 - 207 310 - 404
Attack: 50
49 - 112 94 - 218
Defense: 50
49 - 112 94 - 218
Sp.Atk: 76
72 - 140 141 - 276
Sp.Def: 96
90 - 162 177 - 320
Speed: 70
67 - 134 130 - 262
Total: 442

Moves and Items

Noctowl @ Heal Ribbon / Life Orb / Power Band / Dusts & Family Items / Special Band

Air Slash
Air Slash is what the majority of birds have or learn, and it’s obvious to use this move. It can flinch or gain a crit, so if you get hax, you’ll love it. …Well generally you have no other choice. Use Air Slash.Good STAB, good STAB…

Sky Attack
Sky Attack is a charging move but it’s powerful. 50 Attack and Sky Attack? Well… it’s good enough. Besides, come on. This is Noctowl. If you’re using it, you hopefully have a knack for gimmicks. Or you just use it make you feel wise. Yes, Noctowl does that to you…

Psychic
It gets no STAB from this, but Psychic is strong enough on it’s own. It also has good range. Psychic hits Poison-types and Fighting-types. NOT good coverage, but there are bound to be many Fighting-types along the way. It’s a good filler?

Shadow Ball
Well, I did mention it, and you probably thought about it. So yes Shadow Ball. …LoS, Ghost-type, hits Psychic types and other Ghost-types. Again, filler. However, the coverage is nice. The two types aforementioned are something common.

Roost
No, it’s not forgotten. Go Roost! Heal your HP and take a Thunderbolt, Ice Beam… Rock Slide… hm. Well… it should be very useful considering how common the aforementioned moves are.

Heat Wave
Like all other birds, you can now hit Steel and Ice. Congratulations!

Role and Uses

Noctowl is a Pokemon that is used mainly by people who actually like it. It’ll never become popular among Trainers, but it still has it’s… qualities. It’s own uses. So go for it! It can also use Recycle and Hyper Voice. It’s not bad.

Conclusion

You would not believe your eyes. If 10 million fireflies. Lit up the world as it fell asleep…
Delphox trots above it’s head. It’s head can turn everywhere. A brown bird that stays on a branch…
I’d like to make myself believe, that planet Earth turns… weirdly. It’s hard to say that I’d rather stay awake when I’m asleep. Cause everything is always as it seems. When it’s 180 degrees.~

#26: Nidoking

Overview
Nidoking, the Drill Pokemon. It is recognized by its rock-hard hide and its extended horn. Be careful with the horn, as it contains venom. One swing of its mighty tail can snap a telephone pole as if it were a matchstick.

Nidoking is a Poison and Ground type. It rocks against Electric, Fairy, Grass, Steel, Rock, Fire, and Poison. It’s weak to Water, Ice, Ground, and Psychic. It has a good type combination. It even resists Fighting, Bug, Rock, Poison, and Fairy! And even better is the 102 base Attack. From X it got 102 from the previous 92. It can run a lot of moves, and 85 Special Attack isn’t bad either. Plus, it has Sheer Force… and Rivalry and Poison Point. Sheer Force tells you to run either Special moves, or stronger Physical moves. It’s got good ability, good typing, good movepool, and it just doesn’t see much usage. Worst part’s it gets no SWORDS DANCE! HOW CAN YOU BE A DRILL POKEMON WITHOUT SWORDS DANCE!!! A Nidoking wrecking everyone will get something stirring though.

Moves and Items

Nidoking @ Heal Ribbon / Life Orb / Special Band / Power Band / Air Balloon / Black Sludge

Brick Break
Brick Break provides nice coverage against Rock, Ice, Dark, Normal, Steel… it’s something to use for certain Pokemon you just don’t like very much.

Megahorn
Well, this is here. Megahorn has great base power, a bit low on accuracy but you can get past that. It’s great. You can hit OP Psychic-types (as they usually have bad Defense) or hit a bulky Grass-type.

Poison Jab
Wow. It’s Poison Jab! You can no longer Poison, but in the Arena Poison’s rare. You take away Poison effect for a really strong move. It hits hard.

Earth Power
Earth Power is a special move. Sheer Force can put you in a better place. As, it’s STAB, AoE, fair power, and Sheer Force boosted.

Earthquake
Only if I exist in a CD…

Sword— I mean… Hone Claws
:( …

Ice Beam
Go wild. It is Sheer Power Boosted and hits Ground types hard. Try for the Flying-types too. Grass as well.

Flamethrower
Go wild. It is Sheer Power Boosted and hits Steel, Grass (again), Bug…? Well. …Not really recommended…

Stone Edge
Yes! Yes! Hit Flying, Bug, Ice, Fire, for good damage! Try it on a Charizard you can’t hit!

Sludge Bomb
Wow, too many moves. I am agitated I am not at the top of this list… my STAB and range and power is incredifying! And I’m Sheer Force boosted!!!111ONE

Thunderbolt
Pls. You hit Water types with this. THAT’S IT! …Flying. That too.

Alternatives:
Smack Down, Aerial Ace, Shadow Claw, Blizzard, Shadow Ball, Dragon Tail, Focus Blast, Surf, Superpower, Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, Fire Punch, Dragon Pulse, Aqua Tail, Outrage, Iron Tail, Super Fang, Head Smash, Sucker Punch…

Role and Uses

Nidoking is power-packed. It gets so many moves that benefit from Sheer Force. But it can’t use Swords Dance unfortunately… or any other Sp. Atk benefiting move.

Conclusion

I almost quit this thread because of many moves this dinosaur thing learns.

hhehehe good job buddy keep up the great work!!