Starships and Woozle's Summer Tournament!

Hey guys! Starships here. As you all might have heard me talking about in-game, Woozle and I will be hosting our very first tourney! I’d like to start off by saying a few things. There’s no limit on the number of people; however, we MUST have at least 32 people. Second, you’ll get 5k in compensation just for signing up, attending, and competing! Also, it’ll be help at Tanren Arena. The tourney will be help on Saturday, July 26 at 4 P.M. EST. (If you’re bad/ don’t know how to convert time zones, I’ll post a link at the bottom.) Also, if any staff is available at this time, please either comment or PM me, as we’ll need staff to make sure players’ inventories are empty!

If you’re a newer player and wanting to join, but haven’t made it to Tanren, you can PM either me (Starships), Woozle, ItzRich, Turtwig A, AngelRoxas, or Clark Kent in-game to guide you to Tanren and Tanren Arena! (Also, if you’d like to help with this, either comment or PM me)

Onto the rules!

Da Rules:

• 1. No AoEs above 2 tiles
    2. No Shadow Tag, Speed Boost, Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb, Dry Skin
    3. No Present, Destiny Bond, Mirror Coat, Protect, Trapping Moves, Rest,
    4. No Weather moves; weather Pokemon are fine as either Woozle or me will be in there with a Swablu/Psyduck
    5. No items
    6. Only 1 Pokemon
    7. No HP restoring anything (I shouldn’t have to go into much more detail)
    8. No trolling. Also, be a good sport.

If you have any suggestions as to what else should/should not be banned, just leave a comment!

Now, for the thing everyone’s been waiting for… THE PRIZES!!
FIRST PLACE: 350k, Wonder Chest, Electirizer, Magmarizer, Plume Fossil, and TM Thunderbolt. (+5k compensation for entering)
SECOND PLACE: 250k, Exp. All, TM Flamethrower, Armor Fossil, Eviolite, and Beauty Scarf. (+5k compensation for entering)
THIRD PLACE: 150k, TM Bulldoze, Claw Fossil, Frozen Rock, Moss Rock, and Oval Stone. (+5k compensation for entering)
If you signed up in-game with me, please read the following

To those of you who signed up with me in-game, I deeply apologize. As I was cleaning one day, it seems I accidentally threw away the paper with all your names on it! I do, however, remember a few players who signed up. So if you signed up and you’re not on this list, I sincerely apologize (this is what I get for actually cleaning). You can either comment or PM me either in-game or on the forums. I PROMISE I WON’T LOSE IT THIS TIME.

Here’s the link I promised for time zones: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Sign-Ups

1. BigGunsJoey
  2. Turtwig A
  3. qwqw
  4. Fierying
  5. Mr Brownstone
  6. bloodthirst
  7. Caz
  8. Alex_Dono
  9. RickyO3O
  10. pi2z
  11. Blood
  12. mewcc101
  13. EEEEEE
  14. DearDeath
  15. AngelRoxas
  16. Trans
  17. benjamin890
  18. KAEN
  19. ArtMax (?)
  20. TheDefeater
  21. Coraje
  22. Clark Kent
  23. Mungl1
  24. Christian8000
  25. BestDude
  26. Blazebro

ill join~

Name: Alex_Dono
Other Comments: If your banning healing abilities you forgot dry skin

Ah, thanks! And, since you use Drifloon a lot, I thought I’d tell you that Unburden is allowed, Alex. x3

By the way, of all the people to guide you through Tanren Tunnel, I’m the best by far. Just saying!

#Vote4TurtwigA

I’ll join~ .o.

Name: mewcc101
Other comments: good luck to everyone ^^

I want in

Hiya, everyone!

This looks like a really fun tournament. Thank you for taking the initiative of setting it up. Starships and Woozle’s Summer Tournament has been featured in our official PMU blog Community-Highlight section. You can view it here: Link

Good Luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

I’ll join cause yolo. I’ll also suggest looking at the rules from blood’s tourney.

[spoilerRules:1qqay4iy]Rules are as follows:

1. No items, I will ensure this by getting a staff to check the inventory of each player.
  2. Abilities banned: Speed boost, Sturdy, Magnet Pull, Shadow Tag, Pressure, Arena Trap and Cute Charm.
  3. The maximum time per match is 5 minutes.
  4. No trolling. Simple really.
  5. No putting other players off, shouting abuse, making them type when in matches etc
  6. If you"re in the tournament and help another player win, you will be disqualified. Only 2 contenders in the arena at once.
  7. No weather is allowed.
  8. Bibarel, Bidoof, Wobbuffet and Wynaut will not be allowed.
  9. The moves that are not allowed are as follows: Protect/Detect, substitute, status-ailment moves (Moves that give the opponent a status ailment), attract or any other move that immobilizes the opponent for that matter, Explosion/self-destruct, stat-raising moves, Endure, Perish Song, Future Sight, Mirror Coat, Counter, High-jump Kick/ Jump Kick / U-Turn, Quick/Wide guard, Destiny Bond, Present, 1 hit knock out moves, healing moves like Soft Boiled and Wish, Spite, Heal Block, and Dive/Fly/Dig/Bounce. Also, no AOE spamming, you are allowed AOEs up to 3 tiles, but said AOE can only be used at a maximum of 4 times

[/details]

I shall join!

Also, shouldn’t stat boosting moves and stat boosting abilities(for example Flash Fire or Lightningrod) be banned as well?

Did you forget to add status ailment moves or are they allowed?

Those are allowed, as is refresh.

Name: Clark Kent
Is icebeam and signal beam allowed?

I’ll joinn.

Mungl1 asked me to sign up for him because he doesn’t have a forum account soo

Name: Mungl1

Dude, you forgot to register me!!! :mad:
Since the tournament hasn’t begun yet, I hope you can add me.
Ign: Coraje el Grande.

Also, I would like to know if stat raising moves are allowed because I don’t see them being forbidden, if I use them at the arena I wouldn’t break any rule, but it’s kinda unfair to use this kind of moves so please, clear this doubt of mine, are this kind of moves allowed? Also, are Conversion and Conversion 2 allowed? Since this moves doesn’t raise your stats, but they get your moves more powerfull since you get STAB. Thank you in advance.

Stat-boosting moves are not allowed, but conversion and conversion 2 are allowed. Clark, both of those are allowed.

Hello again. I got a request from Christian8000, he doesn’t have an account and asked me to request if you could sign him to the tournament, his ign is Christian8000. Thanks in advance.

Deepest apologies, everyone, the tourney will have to be postponed because for some odd reason, my laptop broke. So for now, it’ll be postponed to a date that has yet to be announced, sorry everyone!

I got lucky cuz I went to ihop then to my cousin house so I was gonna miss it so it ok xD