Already Playing Game On This Computer

Although this is a known issue and has a solution.
The said solution does not work.

I have waited at least a week for it to work.
On top of that I have NEVER successfully gotten into the game.
I have attempted to delete and recreate accounts or even make new accounts entirely and This will not fix it.

So that is the main reason for posting a new topic on something that already has a solution.

The solution does not work on this case…

Change your password in the Account Settings

It’ll cause the server to log you out so it’s enabled to change your password.

Surprise surprise. It still says I am in game.

:(

Any other Ideas?

If you have your username/password saved, try clearing that first. You may also want to uninstall it and reinstall PMU. I’m not sure if you said you’ve already done this, but you could contact a staff and ask you to possibly kick you from the server.

The problem is I would not even know what name is even on the server. If you are talking about characters.

Who would I contact for that kick also? I had no way to contact anyone without the forums either way. Glad I finally got this account working though.

EDIT:

THIS GOT EVEN BETTER!

If I don’t enter a password it will also state I am already logged in on this computer. It does not fail the login!

Also all the instructions you stated also did not fix it.

I showed Luli this topic, as she cannot get onto her forums account. This was her reply.

[01:13:34] мαяιє 【★】: hrmmm
[01:13:40] мαяιє 【★】: it"s something with their computer
[01:13:50] мαяιє 【★】: tell them to completely uninstall the game and redownload

I hope this helps. ~

I have done that many times.

>.> I really hate to have to say that. I really don’t mean to be rude either about it if it sounds that way.

Unless the game is editing the computers registry. Than you are supposed to provide a proper uninstaller because I have no idea what the game does with that.

This issue includes the portable version also by the way.

This seems to be a rather strange error. We’ll try to get this to the attention of the admins, and hopefully they can resolve your problem. We can’t kick you from the server if you aren’t even on it. Re-installing usually works in most case, for whatever reasons. I would like to know your in-game account name and any other characters you’ve been using to log in the game with your account.

I would like to confirm that this is the client that you’ve been trying to download. Try refreshing your IP maybe? It sounds silly for most savvy users, but it has solved the problem for some folks. Please wait for a response from an admin.

Thanks!

I can not refresh my ip as it is sort of static. It is dynamic but it has a long renew time. So its in a sense semi static.

The client I am using is from the site using the installer.

The refreshing ip thing does not sound silly at all because that would mean the server is caching my IP as if its connected or partway through a connection. In this case its not supposed to be connected but it might think it is.

For account stuff here are the list of accounts I have tried to use and deleted Current account is the last one.

[answer]Coaster3000
TornadoLord
Coaster3k[/answer]

The character names I have completely forgotten as It was about a month ago when I even could log in which was about during the time of the 100% data received bug.

[hr][/hr]
EDIT: In the mean time I will look into the process for renewing my IP for my ISP. If it requires calling them I might not be able to do so. Some just require unplugging the modem responsible for the entire house’s internet for a while. Last time I attempted that with this ISP It just retrieves the same IP.

Oi, I was hoping this would be solved by the time I got back…
I’ve been having this issue as well, and it just seems to happen completely randomly.

I happened to get in at random times, but most of the time I’m met with “You’re already playing on this computer!”
I’ve tried mostly everything… except changing my MAC address. (Can’t figure out how) But, I don’t really see how the MAC address thing can be an issue, so neh. I’m at a complete loss.

That makes me sad. Also I do not think you can change mac address without just flat out spoofing it. Which is really not something you want to do. Its rare you want to even do such a thing. Internet does not really use it. Its mainly for like routers and such.

Keep changing your password until it lets you in. It may take a couple times.

Did this happen to you recently and did this fix it?

Reason I ask is because I have already attempted this at least 5 times including deleting and creating new accounts.
I am just about to give up.

The latest update resolves this bug. Feel free to report back otherwise and I’ll be more than happy to troubleshoot the issue with you.

if you’re referring to the error “you are already playing on this computer” although not really playing it dealeo as resolved, I’d like to say the ugly message is greeting me this very moment so not quite gone.

+1 on that for me