server connection error

hoo boy i forgot my login and had to make a new account–

well it’s been a while since i was last here and i found myself abruptly wanting to pick up this game again. i checked out the website and it seems that theres been a lot of recent issue. it seemed like the game was up regardless so i got a download from the website and installed the game. turned it on and got an error. checked around some more, got an installer from the facebook, same error.

i dont know if this is the new “the server’s down” or if my memory’s that hazy, but can someone offer some insight to what it is?

this is the little message plaguing me and the details attached are

[spoilerthese:1uwdy2jv]System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at PMU.Sockets.Tcp.TcpClient.Connect(String ipAddressOrHostname, Int32 port)
at   .()
at  .()
at  ..()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

[/details]
i have about no idea what this means so if someone happens to know, do share

how long have you been gone, per chance? and how long have you been playing PMU with your account? How many years or so?
Cause last year, there was a huge bug discovered and abused by several players. The bug caused unlimited amounts of poke and heart scales, which are supposed to be hard to find to keep PMU’s ingame financial and power growth in check. This abuse of a glitch, and the glitch itself, caused PMU to shut down for a whole year, while it was been worked on, as well as other things the mappers, admins, ect wanted to work on. In the end, to make sure that no one had the poke and heart scales from the bug, all player data was erased to May of 2011.
I’ve not seen the error before myself, and as I’m not a higher up within PMU, I’m not for certain on the matter. However, as a guess, maybe the game still registers that you’re a player, but doesn’t have any data on the account anymore? I’d rather wait till a mod/mapper/ect responds, but if it keeps happening, maybe make a new account on PMU?

how long have i been gone… good question. several months. i was last on i believe november of 2013? i’ve been around since… ah, i cant tell you. a couple years, but i hiatused recently as my love of pokemon fell low.

yes, i do recall that whole fiasco. i never knew much on it, just that several got banned and there was a massive rollback.

also, i dont think i wrote out the error in full, and i apologise. i can’t even reach the login screen. you are aware of when the game loads, it loads data and then says “connecting to server” (or something of that effect) before it loads everything such as login, news, and various options? it is at that point that i get this error. when it’s attempting to connect to the server. i dont think a new account can help if im incapable of making one.

Huh. yeah, I would ask a admin or a mapper, ect for that.

well, i’ll have to hope one picks it up then. thank you regardless

you could PM a mod, mapper, ect for help, they usually are able to contact those who can fix your issue. Or go into the chat and ask for a mod there. there’s usually a mod in the chat if it’s active.