Errors are posted to the forum.

PMU7 gets errors when starting on this laptop with windows7starter

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
at System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(String hostNameOrAddress)
at PMU.Sockets.Tcp.TcpClient.Connect(String ipAddressOrHostname, Int32 port)
at   .()
at  .()
at  ..()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

It works on my other computers, it just would be nice to get it to work on this laptop.

Is it an isolated event, or is it persistent and interfering with your gameplay?

If it happens just once, just restart PMU and it should be fine. If it keeps happening frequently, I’ll make a note of it.

Pictures are louder
I get this error right when I open it every time on this laptop.

Unreated, I get this error after I select my character on the old retro PMU6 that is being hosted.

i had this issue too. lemme tell you how to fix it

(it should be noted that this error didnt exist before ~november of last year as far as i know, because i last played then. also, i use windows 7 too)

first off, install as portable.

second, when you open the client folder, look inside.

see what i boxed? go inside.

run the client from inside that folder. it’ll work.