String Shot

http://prntscr.com/4dlz65

String Shot has a LoS Range of 8 Tiles. Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, and other strong attacks also have a LoS range of 8 Tiles. It makes no sense. I think String Shot should have a range of around 4-5, mostly because it makes sense in comparison to those moves.

What’s the point anyway?

To be completely honest, just about nothing. It just seems strange how it has that long of a range compared to over moves.

String shot fits being a 2-4 tile spray :I

Not really
[spoilerImage of String Shot:3an0a7os]

[/details]

I kinda don’t really see why String Shot should be changed to be honest. It’s not like its an important beginning move and in addition apparently stat drops aren’t in affect yet so it’s secondary purpose isn’t even useful. Why change a move just to change a move?

You aren’t looking towards the future. Imagine speed drops, which effects both evasion and accuracy, continually dropping because of how far it can reach. Imagine trying to hide in a corridor, trying to hit the opponent with a low leveled Pokémon, but just failing over and over because of how low you have dropped speed.

Not the best example, but my thoughts is having since a long range for a useless move just seems a bit redundant. :/ And once speed drops do get implemented, then you’ll be in for a long, annoying battle.

True, I’ll make a suggestion to allow stat drops.

EDIT: My Suggestion.

just because the function of the move isn’t working at the moment is really no reason not to adjust the move so its appropriate for when the move is working. always better to be prepared than fumbling about after the fact.