How to Be A Good Client

This whole thread itself is being redone after comparing present to future. (Edited 09/14/2016)

Edits

Removed rude notice.
Renamed thread to be more simple and less rude.
Removed poll. It reached the apparent target anyway. Was also not needed. (What was I thinking?)
Polishing a couple of these “suggestion” things.

How It Begins

Usually, a person wouldn’t mind helping you if you’re new or need to get something. But how can you make the best of being helped? Here are some tips when you’re being helped, especially in dungeons.

• Help yourself, even when being helped.

What this means is, show some effort or show some “I can take care of myself” attitude. Fight for yourself even when the helper is around. Even if you"re a level 10 Charmander and a level 26 Swinub approaches you. Do not wait for your helper to suddenly pop up and save the day. Take a step back and regroup, then maybe try fighting when the helper is nearby. For the helper, it makes them think you"re someone they"ll wanna party with. They may even want to explore with you again, or even “partner” with you, exploring together at times.

• Don’t be a nuisance.

Try not to stand in one spot writing a storybook to your helper. Pokémon tend to spawn while this happens, and they could either kill you, or hinder your helper. Be sure not to AFK too often or too long. More people are impatient than patient. They could escape when you brb to eat, or you"ll come back to see yourself either dead or alone.

• If you’re depending heavily on your helper, stay back.

Don"t take any Apples, Ethers, or other supplies that your helper may need. You shouldn"t take anything if you aren"t the one fighting. You"ll just be in the way. Also, be sure to stay in back. If you run ahead and die, it"s on you. Don"t think your helper wasn"t good enough, think that you ran ahead and was a little too hasty.

• Keep cool.

Even if your helper killed the Pokémon you wanted, they probably had a reason for it. Don"t whine because your helper killed that Zangoose you wanted. Even better, let your helper know beforehand. Don"t expect them to leave the Zangoose alone if it"s clustered in a monster house with other possibly threatening Pokémon. You shouldn"t have to say “I TOLD YOU DONT KILL THE STUPID ZANGOOSE” for your helper to understand. Find another one. Keeping your cool about it lets your helper know they can make a little mistake from time to time and not be nagged about it with you.

• Try not to seem ungrateful.

This is pretty important. When your helper helps you get that precious Link Cable, at least say “Thanks”. Being helped and walking off silently is NOT cool for your helper. They will be highly unlikely to want to help you again. Just go, “Thanks (Helper).” And then you can walk off fine. Be sure to try and help them out in some way if they ask, because if your helper got you that Link Cable and they"d like a few Tiny Mushrooms, give some. If you don"t have it, tell them you don"t, and ask them if they"d like something else. …This doesn"t mean going out of your way though. If they want something bizarre like a Wonder Chest, you tell them there"s no chance of that happening, but you CAN hand over something else they might like. If they"re picky, forget it; tell them you don"t have it.

This probably does not apply to a Helper who offers. If they offered to help you, although it doesn’t exactly mean follow anything above, it’d be nice to at least show gratitude. I mean, you can go ahead and accept their help, then walk off without saying anything afterwards, and let them sit there looking lame but… really would suck on your client resume though.