Problems with Installer

Ok so when I first downloaded the game it installed beautifully, no problems at all, but while playing my wireless adapter for my laptop shut off and I lost connection to the server so I had to exit the game. Well when I went to open it back up I noticed that the application for it was gone from the file and then my Norton antivirus thing popped up a red window at the bottom right hand corner of my screen telling me it was blocking an attack and that it had removed said supposed trouble.

So I uninstalled what files were left and tried reinstalling it, but it wouldn’t get past o%, 3% and the most of 6%, no matter how many times I tried deleting the installer file and retrying.

I dug around for topics on here from people that were having the same problems and tried what they did.

Run as admin?

Yes, did not work.

Lastest update of .NET Framwork?

Yes, same result.

Install as portable?

Yes, same.

Is there anything else that can be done to get this to work?

I have Norton and a windows 7 laptop.

Anything else you need to know to figure out, just ask.

Try this: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17169638/Client.zip

It’s basically the game itself but without the Installer. It should work. Also if Norton tries to remove PMU.exe, wait for it to give you a pop up, click on it and then find where it says restore. Hope it works!

It worked. Thank you.

Edit: After Restoring the game application it won’t open.

What happens if you try to open up the game?

Nothing, the game window doesn’t pop up. There’s no error messages either.

AS an extra bit of info, Norton not only quarantined the PMU game application, but it also quarantined the pmu.net.dll file.

Tell Norton to unquarantine all PMU related files. The reason why there’s no game window or error might be because it can’t function since Norton took apart and quarantined the core files.

I already did that when it had quarantined them after the installation. It only quarantined those two and no other files.

Then to be honest I am out of ideas. You could try running it on a different computer to see if that works.

I only have my laptop. V . V

Is there anyone else whom might know of a solution?

Is there anyway you can disable Norton? You might want to look into if there are ways to white list certain .exe