Incinerate

Incinerate is a 3 tile spray with 20 PP. It’s base power is 30 but it misses often. If you compare it to Ember which has 40 base power and a very good accuracy, it is a fairly bad move.

I suggest Incinerate be changed one or two ways:
1: Increase the accuracy of the move to the same as Ember to balance out it’s low PP.
2: Increase the PP of the move to 25PP or 30PP to balance out it’s low accuracy.

Feel free to comment/criticize.

I vote for the PP Boost. That way, I can burn more towns without having to heal! Muahahaa!

… Actually, I think that the PP Boost for Incinerate would be great since we’ll have more attempts to hit.

But burning towns might be fun too… >.>

There are a few issues with your suggestion.

1. Nope, the base is 60. Although it does get a multiplier of .8
  1. As the rules of this forum state, accuracy changes are not to be suggested.
  2. It would make NPCs with it even more annoying.
  3. Ember and Incinerate have the same base accuracy; it’s being automatically changed on use by the game itself, so, unless the range is decreased, it’s not possible without altering core mechanics. There’s also this rule about not asking AoEs to be reverted back to full power/accuracy, so it probably is the same for sprays.

That being said, a PP boost might work.

1. Nope, the base is 60. Although it does get a multiplier of .8
  1. As the rules of this forum state, accuracy changes are not to be suggested.
  2. It would make NPCs with it even more annoying.
  3. Ember and Incinerate have the same base accuracy; it’s being automatically changed on use by the game itself, so, unless the range is decreased, it’s not possible without altering core mechanics. There’s also this rule about not asking AoEs to be reverted back to full power/accuracy, so it probably is the same for sprays.

That being said, a PP boost might work.[/quote]

1. Well I suppose I didn’t look closely at the base power, but Ember still appears to be a stronger move than Incinerate currently. An accuracy or PP increase would make the move more useful.
  2. It is not an accuracy change if it’s base accuracy is already 100% (or close to it). This is the way it is in Pokemon games created by Nintendo, but it is not the case here.
  3. This would be the same with every other move in PMU. Can you give a reason as to why it makes NPCs more annoying?
  4. Can you elaborate more on the automatically changed and core mechanics portion? Also Incinerate has 100% base accuracy and 60 base power in the 6th generation; it’s more of a “must” change since PMU’s moves have moved to the 6th generation.
  1. Again, false. 60*.8=48, Ember has 40 base power. Unless they forgot to update the power, but that’d be a different issue.
  2. Just the nature of this suggestion, really.
  3. Would burn supplies more often.
  4. Server/Script/BattleScript.cs, line 2299:

} else if (setup.Move.RangeType == Enums.MoveRange.FrontAndSides && setup.Move.Range > 2) {
if (setup.Move.Accuracy == -1 || setup.Move.Accuracy > 100) {
setup.Move.Accuracy = 100;
}
setup.Multiplier *= 4;
setup.Multiplier /= 5;
setup.Move.Accuracy *= 4;
setup.Move.Accuracy /= 5;
}
}