Installation Issues

Hey everyone, new to PMU and having troubles with loading the program

The program itself installs fine but the actual game itself won’t open and when it does open after checking for updates the game closes down automatically. I have got .NET Framework 4 on my laptop and I am running a Windows 8.1 system if that helps.

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere, was really hoping I’d get a chance to start up tonight but sadly due to the issues I’ve run into I haven’t been able to, any help is highly appreciated! ^^

(First of all, thanks for giving out some background information so I don’t need to repeat the whole “latest frameworks?” shenanigan. <3)

Hrm. Do you think it could be a missing file? I’ve seen problems with Kaspersky and Norton in the past. They like quarantining / deleting files that it’s not very familiar with. I’m no tech wiz, sorry, but if restarting the program, and a reinstall or something doesn’t work, you could always try the zipped version of the client: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17169638/Client.zip

If the problem persists (oh no!) I’ll see if I can bring this to the attention of someone who knows a lot more about this stuff than I do.

Good luck!

Hey sorry for the late reply, I downloaded the file that you linked me to (thank you for helping! :) ) but my Anti-Virus said that it had an infection in it, I made it a trusted file and even restored it after the Anti-Virus deleted it but it won’t run :/

Try searching up a “how to stop ‘enter specific virus here’ from deleting a program”
Hopefully you’ll find someone that know how to stop that from occurring.

Since the file was restored, it should have nothing to do with your anti-virus now. When you try opening up the game, what pops up?

Also, PMU does have updates. When the client updates, your anti-virus will see it as a different program and therefore try to quarantine PMU. If your client can open up and it prompts you to update, this could be a cause of the problem.