Starting Event Glitch

I just started playing this game yesterday and for some reason the event that is supposed to happen when you first get teleported to Alakazam, doesn’t start. After picking the Pokemon I want to be the screen goes black and I can’t do anything. When I reset the game I can continue but it seems like none of the events that are suppose to happen occur at all. Like Buneary doing the tutorial or talking to Bayleaf and Meganium when you first enter the healing house. I’ve tried deleting and remaking my characters several times, but it doesn’t fix. It only had the events once and not since.

Hello, JennKitty!

I just ran through the entire intro story/tutorial on a fresh account and can confirm that everything functioned as it should have. The Grassroot Inn story played successfully as well. I haven’t heard of this glitch occurring with anyone else yet; assuming you haven’t made much progress, I would advise deleting and recreating your account and seeing if this glitch persists.

I have deleted my characters and tried over again several times. This is also happening to some of my friends when they play as well. They also keep crashing and getting a destination error. I’m not sure what’s happening. It’s also saying that some of us don’t have any jobs on the bulletin board.

I just created a character, recently. And it worked perfectly. You see, stories (Or ‘events’, as you say) in PMU, can play once, and always. The introduction story is meant to play once, so it won’t play again, if you log-out during the middle, or get a blank screen. However, if you’re talking about the black screen you get, yes, it’s unusual, and different from general warping, since it’s actually a scripted tile (The one I’m referring to, is scripted tile 11) and not a simple warp. You’re being warped to a specific area, and a story is being set to play, all at the same time. The process overall is slowed up. Which, I guess, explains why it’s a black screen for most people? The only thing that I don’t understand, is that, why this story is affecting your alternate accounts, when it shouldn’t.

As for the errors, they’re something that you’ll apparently have to live with. PMU is full of errors, and you’ll frequently see these errors; simply relog if such a situation arises. As for missions / jobs, you need to beat dungeons completely, to get missions of that particular dungeon. I hope this helps. :la: