PMUniversity

You may recognize this title if you played PMU6.

The PMUniversity! A place for new players to obtain tips and facts of PMU 7! They may review over some controls that they may have missed, or they could get some helpful hints of where a particular HM is located or where the Engraved Tablet is. The PMUniversity could also briefly explain how an early dungeon works and how to beat it. It could be located as a room in the center of Grassroot Town where our lovely Quilava NPC resides. Heck, why not have our lovely Quilava teach this little class?

Edit 1: But we couldn’t just be limited to just one lovely Quilava, should we? There could be multiple teachers that go over different dungeons to have more organization. One could go over dungeons requiring no HM, one could go over dungeons requiring certain HMs, and onwards. The blackboards can also give out these helpful hints of the "How To Play"s and HM Location Hints.

Just throwing around ideas.

Seems like a great way to help out new players. I support :)

sounds solid.

we could put it by crossroads, so as to make it easier for newbs to find it after spawn.

To me, the idea of a University is a good idea, but the execution of it is what I think is the problem.

I like this idea, but how would it work? Would it be a large building to the side of the Crossroads or would it be underground and there would be a ladder down to it?

I like this idea, but how would it work? Would it be a large building to the side of the Crossroads or would it be underground and there would be a ladder down to it?[/quote]
On PMU6, the bulding was just on the grass by the Crossroads surrounded by little fences and such.

I like the idea, by the way. ;p

Execution is always the difficulty of the matter, but I believe it could work like the blackboard in the Trainer School’s that tell about status ailments and the guy that tells you about each gym badge. On the blackboard, you could have the list of HM Locations while talking to the teacher gives you a list of dungeons with information and tips of how to complete it.

It could also be chopped into different teachers. One teacher tells you about dungeons you can access without any HM, one tells you about dungeons you can access with HM Cut, and etc. Think that might fix up a bit of the execution? Or is there something else that’s bothering?

I like this idea, but how would it work? Would it be a large building to the side of the Crossroads or would it be underground and there would be a ladder down to it?[/quote]
On PMU6, the bulding was just on the grass by the Crossroads surrounded by little fences and such.[/quote]
Honestly, I just gave an option of where to place it at. It could be placed on the Crossroads with a ladder down towards an underground institute or have it just like it was in PMU 6 as a building surrounded by little fences. Location would be key since we would want newer players to acknowledge it at the very least. Maybe add a small cutscene with Eevee going into the university to learn more about the “unbeatable Tiny Grotto” to give it even more attention.

Just throwing out ideas as usual. So far, looks like we’re getting some positive feedback. Thanks everyone! I’ll edit the first post with this small execution bit.

Nice to know there was something like this in PMU6.

Sounds good to me to have it make a return.

Also have to note that I imagine a bunch of new players don’t find out easily that one of the first steps is get TM cut from Sour root cave. Sure it’s easy to get info by asking in global but I reckon many new players are shy and won’t consider doing that. For those especially it would be good to find some more info in the beginning area’s.

Much as I personally like the, explore and go figure aspects of the game, I fear that for some it may be too daunting at first. :(

sounds cool their should be an experienced player aspect to taking knowledge further in some way nothing comes to mind but hopefully i spark some ideas @chronum :joy:

Holy necro, this thread was only 2 years dead.

But on topic… yes, this would be a good thing for new players. They get dumped out into the world with 0 guidance on what to do, and it really needs to change.