*Sprite Dump*

Considering I like to make sprites, but most of the time lack the perseverance or motivation to do much on them, I will use this thread as a place to store and show some of the sprites I’ve put effort into attempting.

This may be removed.

Feel free to comment, suggestions for pokemon to try making PMD sprites for may be used.
Heck, all Micozzi had to do was walk up to me one day in PMU and say ‘Tyrantrum plz’, making me realise tyrantrum would be fun to make.

And, voila! So it was.

[hr][/hr]
Dedenne + Idle
Just a simple jumping idle. Debating on whether or not dedenne idle could work in a pose where it’s holding its tail. An idea for how it would walk would be it running on all fours, similar to how ratatta runs.
First attempt
Second attempt, trying to use x/y model as a guide. I don’t think it’s much of an improvement.
[hr][/hr]
Dewott - A request from a friend.
Buizel used as a size reference.
Dewott’s head fur is a bit difficult to represent. It seems too non-spiky here.
An improvement?
Dewott’s ‘apron’ was quite awkward. I think it doesn’t look too bad here.
Colouring for this sprite is not completely accurate, colours were roughly selected here.
Dewott v2.0. This is a heavily edited version of the existing sprite made by powercristal,
[hr][/hr]
Zoroark
Bare with me here, this was the first sprite I attempted after a year or so of inactivity regarding pokemon. Its front sprite is quite derpy, which is probably due to the pokemon’s design being skinny and difficult to portray. Could be improved, I’m sure.
[hr][/hr]
Mega Charizard Y
An idle+walking animation I worked on around the same time of my noivern sprite completion. Something DrakeDragon wanted me to do.
Left sprite attempt I made. I like how the body turned out here, my issue with this one is the wings, which should ideally be slightly smaller and less raised.

All of them are fantastic, Chalk! As for your Dedenne, I can see a little improvement on the second try if you look closely, so great job! Thought it looked pretty adorable. :joy:

As for your Dewott, again I think it’s fantastic! But I think that the one we currently have is good enough though, so I don’t see anything that needs changed.

And finally, as for the Mega Charizard, once again an amazing effort! I love it’s movement! However, I think it’s body is a little too small, wings looks fine though and It’s overall sprite size is good, but I think that the sprite body should be a teeny weeny bit bigger.

Good job though Chalk! :joy:

The 2nd attempt on dedenne does look better in my opinion, improved.

… The dewott 2.0 is just adorable to me. I’d idle around town with it.

I’ll edit this post later if I remember, I’m a bit strapped for time.

You are very welcome :)

These sprites are truly amazing. That Dedenne sprite is super adorable. :3 The Oshawott and Zororoark sprites are commendable as well. I think it’s a nice idea to show your work even though it may or may not be complete. I hope you get loads of motivation for making sprites, because you’re wonderful at it.
•
Keep up the good work.

-Festivo

Wow, you’ve some serious talent Chalk! I love your sprites~

That Dedenne is adorable omg.

On another note, you DO have some amazing talent, these are so cool~!

sneaky beaky

suggestions on how to improve the wings, like their positioning, would be appreciated.
[hr][/hr]

tail flames haven’t been addressed yet.
[hr][/hr]
i really need to make the wings slightly smaller.